Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got my wish... and got demolished

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know... I'm not a big fan of those cars (GT2 and Enzo?), even if they were remotely affordable by the middle-class. I guess I'm an american muslce-car elitist.

Are F1's any better looking?
Old 02-25-2004, 10:22 PM
TECH Resident

Geez, I didn't want to start a controversy. Feel free to believe me or not. Were I to lie, I'd have said I rolled the bastards.

However, you get your best exotic sightings southbound on I-95 around 2:30 PM midweek. These cars start appearing just south of NSA, and clear away just after the 495 interchange.

All I know is that you see some cool vehicles running in that area. There is also an old Ferrari Testarossa that is used by Prince Georges County Police as an unmarked cruiser. The cop who scores highest in driving gets to use it.

If you look hard enough, you see some strange stuff. Look for a yellow or red race-style motorcycle that looks a bit too long. You can hear it coming LONG before you see it. It is powered by an Allison 250 series C-18 turbine. It still makes power above 52,000 (not a typo) RPM. Zero to 227mph in 15 seconds. I've seen two of them on the 95 corridor.

Here's the link below.
http://www.bikez.com/bike/index.php?bike=20204
Old 02-25-2004, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey John Matrix, where about did ya see the F1, just curious since i live so close.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:31 PM
NKAWTG...N

saw a Ferrari Enzo AND a Pagoni Zonda at the same time, next to eachother. I think its more likely to see a pack of exotics then randomly see two rare ones at different times. I mean we f-body guys like to travel in packs when possible, we all know ricers do...so why not exotics? Road and Track tested a McLaren from Arizona...and another one from some western state...can't recall much more than that...
Old 02-29-2004, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I saw the McLaren about 4 years ago in Downers Grove, IL on Ogden Ave. It was cool because it was parked there, and you could check it out. Then the dude got in it and drove away. Sounded like a damn crotch rocket, but deeper.
I don't see **** in Wisconsin except for **** *** rice and pickups.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:25 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome death, if you're gonna get you *** handed to ya, might as well get it handed to ya first class.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by enisguy
How does everybody find this believable?

One, maybe. But not both. I find it funny that this happens RIGHT after the other thread when you mentioned you'd like to race a Ferrari... sorry, but I just simply can't believe that.
I raced Dale Earnhardt Jr. the other day and a few F1 cars too. I also raced John Force at the track.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

You raced John Force too! damn that guy is fast, but nothing a damn SOHC mustang cant handle!!
Old 02-29-2004, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBronco
... but nothing a damn SOHC mustang cant handle!!
Yep, that's right. I have the ability to stop the cams on the left bank so I have a SOHC. I owned John Force. It's not everyday you see a 4 second car on the road. I had to take advantage of it. I hit the hazzards as I walked by him.

**** getting deep enough yet?
Old 02-29-2004, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

I live near San Francisco, there are too many Ferraris out here. You see them everywhere. No Enzos or F1s though. There are lots of Lambos also. I even got a chance to run a F355 on the freeway and a Modena at the same time when I was stock. Got waxed. Barely though. Guys were cool, gave me a thums up. Stayed right with the F355 to like 140 the Modena pulled cars though. Next time I guess.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

**** gettin so full of it, my eyes are turning brown, look at the killed a Snake thread to see my SOHC stang, that walked the hell out of John force!
Old 02-29-2004, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think it's more probable to see them together than apart at a later time. When I cruise my Viper I like to go out with some guys I know with some Porsche's and Ferrari's.

I can see some Multimillionaires going out cruising with their million dollar machines together. Happens around here....don't see why not anywhere else. Especially big cities like Miami, DC, Houston, etc.

Just the other day my buddy took out his new Carrera GT (the new supercar), with some other guys that each owned a Diablo ('95 and a '99). I bet they caused an accident at every intersection. I'm sure people were stunned....but far from B.S. material.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:38 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yesterday, the wife and I stepped out for lunch and in front of the restaurant we went to were 3 Ferrari 360's, a new 911 Turbo and an Aston Virage and a Viper GTS. So, I don't see the story as implausible. Also, the DC beltway area is full of diplomatic types who have money coming out their ears.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:13 PM
STF Veteran

I drive the beltway every weekday, and I can't say I see a car over $50k that isn't a benz or a bmw very often at all. I'm sure there are people around here who drive ferraris and lambos etc... but not on any sort of regular basis on any weekday.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6
Just the other day my buddy took out his new Carrera GT (the new supercar
Carrera GT
Old 03-02-2004, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

DAmn I live in the wrong part of the country..

The only things i see here are mudboats..
Old 03-02-2004, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BayouVette
DAmn I live in the wrong part of the country..

The only things i see here are mudboats..
I hear ya, when I leave UF campus there ain't nothing but 86 Caprice's and rusted over pickups. You take UF out of Gainesville and you're left with pure redneck cars. Coolest car down here is mine!
Old 03-28-2004, 06:46 PM
Teching In

last night i saw an old caddilac monster truck thing it was like 10 feet off the ground no exaggerating i got a pic of it but it was on a cell phone and it was dark so u cant really see it well
Old 03-28-2004, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Yesterday, the wife and I stepped out for lunch and in front of the restaurant we went to were 3 Ferrari 360's, a new 911 Turbo and an Aston Virage and a Viper GTS. So, I don't see the story as implausible. Also, the DC beltway area is full of diplomatic types who have money coming out their ears.
Ill have to just believe this guy. South FL has a point. A few SoCal guys (including myself) meet once a month at a coffee shop in Woodland Hills. For those of you that are not familliar with the Geography, Woodland hills is just east of Malibu, and I believe just NE of Beverly Hills. At the same location in the mornings there is an exotics car club that meets about 2 hour earlier than we do (we get there around 2pm)

Just as all of us are getting to the coffee shop, the exotics are coming back down from the canyons (where eventualy we all go to take the turns), and pass by us. This last meeting us f-body guys had we saw: 1 Enzo. 2 360's. A dark green lamborguini of some sort, and an Aston Martin (James Bond Car) pass us buy on Mulhuland Dr. to get on the Freeway.

After we got to the top of the run (Stunt Canyon I think it was called) there was another 360 , 2 Porsche GT2's and One GT3 parked at one of the turn-offs. Now I have yet to see an F1 but I dont think it will be much longer until I do. These guys buy cars, like we buy shoes to keep up with the fashion. I would tend to think that many run together, cause it s just more fun that way. Kinda how us F-bod peeps hang out together often.

Also, I lived in DC for 4 years while I was stationed at Arlington. I bounced/bartended in Mid-town for most of that time period. While I worked the door of the various upscale night-time establishments, I saw a multitude of cars, almost nightly every one over the $100k mark. Bentlys, Ferrari's, Lambos, Porsches, you name it. Hell, the owner of the club had 10 custom Mercedes, most of them one of a kind.

So needless to say, there are many people with money in that area. Just look at how many sports teams that area has alone, and youll find many owners with many nice cars. Not to mention, top level Ceo's and the lot. This guy could have just gotten lucky, (or not so lucky) depending on how you look at it. Take Care. Nice Deaths.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

mmmmmmm mclaren
when im rich beond my wildest dreams
other than remembering the little people like yall
im gonna pick up on of them.
right after i get my 71 cuda