Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got my wish... and got demolished

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my wish... and got demolished

I'm cruising along the I-95 corridor, near DC, on the way back from a job interview. I'm in a bad mood, because it didn't go the way I wanted it to . So, I'm taking out my agression on the gas pedal. I know, dumb move.

Well, I start to notice two sets of headlights keeping pace with me, following my lead. I'm buried in three figures, and I decide to give them a run.

To make a long story short, I get my *** handed to me by both a Ferrari Enzo and a McLaren F1. I guess they decided to put me out of my misery. It does change your perspective on the road when you get passed by almost two million dollars worth of automobile.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this is a once in a lifetime story. tell us more about it. Did you even try to race or what? Who was driving the other cars?
Old 02-24-2004, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mhulslan
I'm cruising along the I-95 corridor, near DC, on the way back from a job interview. I'm in a bad mood, because it didn't go the way I wanted it to . So, I'm taking out my agression on the gas pedal. I know, dumb move.

Well, I start to notice two sets of headlights keeping pace with me, following my lead. I'm buried in three figures, and I decide to give them a run.

To make a long story short, I get my *** handed to me by both a Ferrari Enzo and a McLaren F1. I guess they decided to put me out of my misery. It does change your perspective on the road when you get passed by almost two million dollars worth of automobile.
Holy Crap! What a humbling experience. That's so rare to see two cars of that caliber just cruising on the interstate. I've never seen either on the street. You can still feel comforted in the fact that you can make your car much faster than theirs for 1/8 the price.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

please tell me this ISN'T
Old 02-24-2004, 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

No, this is not BS.

You see some pretty pricey cars near the DC area. Ferraris, Lambos, Bentleys, Rolls, etc. are common sights. So much so that you barely notice them. But the Enzo is too new, and there are only seven F1's in the US!

I was running ***** out, and they pulled me once they tried. At least it looked like they were working at it. I'm not sure who was driving in those cars, but I want to see them again!
Old 02-24-2004, 08:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

you should have tried to get them to stop so you could talk to them.

oh well, not like the 422 would let you win anyways. the bronco would have put them two down. haha, J/K. nice runs man!
Old 02-24-2004, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice runs and awesome story. I would love to just come across one of those two cars on the road. The only F1 I've seen was in a showroom floor in London.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 5POINT7
Holy Crap! What a humbling experience. That's so rare to see two cars of that caliber just cruising on the interstate. I've never seen either on the street. You can still feel comforted in the fact that you can make your car much faster than theirs for 1/8 the price.
Not sure if you could make you car faster, but I am sure it was amazing. I have never seen either of those on the road, especially together, and actually moving. I live in Houston and we have our fair share of exotics.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BadBlackBird
Not sure if you could make you car faster, but I am sure it was amazing. I have never seen either of those on the road, especially together, and actually moving. I live in Houston and we have our fair share of exotics.
You could definently make your car accelerate faster. Just not top end without some serious work. Never say never though.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BadBlackBird

you could certainly make an LS1 faster for $115,000. Shoot, i don't think it'd even be close. $80,000 into the engine, $35000 into suspension/tires/gears/handling. . . .you'd be so much faster straight line you could beat them to the curve, slow down, take the curve, and stay ahead the whole time.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

What would you do to an ls1 with $115,000? Kind of mind-boggling isn't?
Old 02-24-2004, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

I'll let you know once I have $115,000 laying around for car projects.

"Hello, Mr. Mucie? Could you do a little something for me?..."
Old 02-24-2004, 09:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Hmm... If I had 115,000, I doubt I would put it all into an LS1... I would save up more money and blow it all on a 911 GT2, which would be a butt load slower than the LS1 with the $115,000 into it... Then again, I would have the name porsche on my car, and probably shrink my dick size...
Old 02-24-2004, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does everybody find this believable?

One, maybe. But not both. I find it funny that this happens RIGHT after the other thread when you mentioned you'd like to race a Ferrari... sorry, but I just simply can't believe that.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good point^^^.
Although I have seen an F1 on the street, getting ice cream at baskin robbins. It had euro plates, and had a middle age guy driving, with a teenage dude and chick riding shotgun. So once I saw that, I'll believe anything. No enzo sightings yet.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by enisguy
How does everybody find this believable?

One, maybe. But not both. I find it funny that this happens RIGHT after the other thread when you mentioned you'd like to race a Ferrari... sorry, but I just simply can't believe that.
Why would he lie? What does that do for his ego? I like to think of this forum as a place where car lovers can tell their odd stories and enjoy themselves. I have no reason not to believe him.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5POINT7
Why would he lie? What does that do for his ego? I like to think of this forum as a place where car lovers can tell their odd stories and enjoy themselves. I have no reason not to believe him.
I'm not trying to defame him by calling him a liar, just stating that I'd have to see the two cars next to each other to believe it. It might be true, it might not. I just choose not to believe it, and it seems like I'm not alone.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:02 PM
STF Veteran

well, if it was two guys driving home from a car show, that would be a reason for an enzo and an f1 to be crusing... but, who the hell drives cars like that to and from a show... and especially on i95 well into tripple digits?

btw, i live in the dc area and see like NO exotics ever on 95/495. i see the occasional viper or pricy beamer/benz. i've seen lambos and mid-price ferraris on occasion. never anything in the class of the enzo or f1.

Rockville/potomac is home of more rice than Los Angeles i think though.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Does anyone know where the F1's are located? I mean, like where the people that own them live, and ****...
Old 02-25-2004, 01:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by enisguy
I'm not trying to defame him by calling him a liar, just stating that I'd have to see the two cars next to each other to believe it. It might be true, it might not. I just choose not to believe it, and it seems like I'm not alone.
As others said, why would he lie about this? Did you guys not see that picture posted with the Mclaren F1, Ferrari 360 Modena and Ferrari F355 Berlinetta all sitting next to each other lined up at a stop light in California? If someone wouldn't have posted that pic and described it instead, I'm sure there would have a been a bunch of BS flags thrown...