Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 Trans Am got Smoked by my 305 IROC!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL at the bowl of rice. You know when she spanks that *** you will not hear the end of it. Sounds like you guys are having fun and that is what really counts.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ99Z28
Good kill man! I really wish I could get my wife into a TA....
man you aint a kidding, same here I tried to get mine to buy a new 5.0 the other day and she wouldnt even look at it. Trying to get her to the track is like pulling teeth.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:58 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 703crewchief
I do not have the timeslips here with me, as I am working in Africa right now. I remember them pretty well though. I ran a 9.1 to her 9.5.

I didn't tell her this, but her 81 mph to my 74 trap speed shows who has the HP. Her 60ft. was a high 2.4, so she was spinning. I had instructed her to ease off the line part throttle and roll into it. We had been talking so much bullspit to each other about this race all week, that I guess she got worked up when she saw the IROC's tail lights and hammered it. So, in turn she got to see tail lights for 660 ft.

This was only her third pass ever down the drag strip, second in the car. I don't think the poor 305 will ever do it again, as she has already found enough stuff around our shop to piece together a single nozzle kit with 100hp jets in it. I still told her though that a 100 more hp ain't $hit without traction. She served me a bowl of rice and said lets go from a roll then.
Damn she does need some practice . My old basically-stock Integra was running 9.7s and trapping 74mph.