Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Couple runs in my 1997 Z28 vs. Lancer Evo

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 05:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Couple runs in my 1997 Z28 vs. Lancer Evo

I was driving on the freeway headed home at like 1 in the morning, just cruising at 65 in 6th gear, trying to work on my gas mileage. then I saw a pair of headlights coming up real quick. At first I wasn't interested, being that I wasn't trying to kill my gas mileage. Then it passed me, a newish Lancer Evo, that sounded pretty good.
I watched it speed away for a few seconds and figured, what the hell. So I down shifted and caught up. He was immediately interested, so we both slowed down to about 80. He took the hit and got half a car on me, but then I went past him easily and shut down at about 120, with his head lights in my rear view.
He caught back up after a few seconds and began slowing down, so I did the same. We slowed down to about 65 this time and he took the hit again. This time I stopped his pull but couldn't pass him. He shut down at a little past 100. Second run surprised me. These were the first runs I've had in the Z since I got it running, after being down for 8 months, so it was pretty exciting.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Good runs. Maybe second run he was using his boost controller to up his boost. That or he was brake boosting the second time. More into his powerband.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

thats what i was thinking

he was like wtf, and changed up his controller or brake boosted
Old 06-01-2011, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, he must have been doing something different. His car seemed much faster on that second run. Those two seem like likely possibilities.