Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

G35 duesch and a Mustang GT... WS6 2-0

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I once raced a 350z that was actually fairly quick and sounded pretty good too.At the time I had afr 205s,224 /228cam,ls6 intake,and tru dual exhaust.(passed smog with that setup).He started by doing a ricer flyby when I was just driving regularly(typical lol)so I of course return the favor and flyby him and wait for him in 3rd at about 70 to 75 mph and what do you know he actually understood the three honks ,and we took off even.He stayed about 2/3 cars back till 100 and then I really started to run away.this happened 2 more times with similar results and then he gave up.he did better than every other 350z I have raced and actually seemed faster than numerous mustangs and f bodys I have raced.this was the first and last fast 350z I have encountered.Maybe he was on the bottle!?
Old 06-02-2011, 05:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ccxxxxxxx
Yeah that a sick 350 but I want to see a bolt on list that can beat a bolt on f-body up to 100. I think that would be a pretty good car on the street. I havent been able to find much info out there that supports it can happen.
FWIW I had a G37s 6mt with High flow cats, borla exhaust, CAI and tune. Me and a buddy took my at the time stock WS6 T/A out for some messing around. From a low roll if I hit all my shift accordingly I could put about a car length on the T/A. A dig was worthless as the T/A had really shitty 235's on the rear(previous owners idea) and just spun. I'd imagine a later year (HR engine) 350z with the same level of bolt ons could have about the same effect even though its the smaller engine, but much lighter car. For reference the G put down about 309whp/260wtq IIRC. I could dig up a dyno sheet if anyone cared to see it.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice kills
Old 06-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Sounds like some great kills, good job on embarrassing the G35.

Originally Posted by willizm
FWIW I had a G37s 6mt with High flow cats, borla exhaust, CAI and tune. Me and a buddy took my at the time stock WS6 T/A out for some messing around. From a low roll if I hit all my shift accordingly I could put about a car length on the T/A. A dig was worthless as the T/A had really shitty 235's on the rear(previous owners idea) and just spun. I'd imagine a later year (HR engine) 350z with the same level of bolt ons could have about the same effect even though its the smaller engine, but much lighter car. For reference the G put down about 309whp/260wtq IIRC. I could dig up a dyno sheet if anyone cared to see it.
I'm surprised you didn't pull harder against the TA. Actually would you mind posting up the dyno sheet? I'm curious, I'm catback and high flow cats for now (both berk) and was researching for some future mods.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:56 AM
9 Second Club

I gained an additional 10whp when I went with a custom tune, but that dyno read way lower(different shop).

I didnt iirc the torque is lower than I remembered. That's one of the reasons I ditched the g honestly.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lemons12
Most don't buy a g or z to mother are nice decently quick DDs.

However, I know of one that would smash everyone's **** I'm here running their mouth.

95/100 are going to be bone stock.

I know of a simple bolt on auto g35 that would probably pull every one of you bolt on guys from a dig to about 100. He has pulled quite a few cam only cars. Traction is a bitch.
I'd really like to see a mod list for that G35.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Teching In

I gained an additional 10whp when I went with a custom tune, but that dyno read way lower(different shop).

I didnt iirc the torque is lower than I remembered. That's one of the reasons I ditched the g honestly.
Okay.

Yeah, there's not much torque to be had with the VQ37 but I still feel like the Z manages to be a pretty snappy car, mostly due to weight. Have you dyno'd your 335i? I'm assuming you went for the turbo bimmer because you wanted more torque in your DD?
Old 06-03-2011, 03:59 PM
***Repost Police***

******' Mustangs. And damn German G35 drivers
Old 06-03-2011, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'd really like to see a mod list for that G35.
Sorry man...

Nothing special...

CAI/full exhaust/tune

He gets traction and is racing much higher Rwhp/Rwtq cars... Both are on street tires. He jumps them so bad 0-40mph or so by 100mph they don't have enough time to run him down.
It is quite funny.
Downside to them... Transmission are FAIL.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:50 AM
Banned

Sorry man...

Nothing special...

CAI/full exhaust/tune

He gets traction and is racing much higher Rwhp/Rwtq cars... Both are on street tires. He jumps them so bad 0-40mph or so by 100mph they don't have enough time to run him down.
It is quite funny.
Downside to them... Transmission are FAIL.
Thats cool! Ive been looking at some things for him to do. I drove the car and it was really slow feeling. I could barely feel the 1-2 shift. I love his car and could see one as my next dd.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:26 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr370z
Okay.

Yeah, there's not much torque to be had with the VQ37 but I still feel like the Z manages to be a pretty snappy car, mostly due to weight. Have you dyno'd your 335i? I'm assuming you went for the turbo bimmer because you wanted more torque in your DD?
Bingo. No matter what I did to that g it just wasn't getting any quicker. It just got louder.

The 3er responds so much better to mods and the torque goes up nicely with a a tune
Old 06-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know of a simple bolt on auto g35 that would probably pull every one of you bolt on guys from a dig to about 100. He has pulled quite a few cam only cars. Traction is a bitch.
Can you PM the auto G35 owners mod list for me. My brother just picked up a G35 and from the little research I have done there are very few bolt on mods for these cars worth a damn. He would love to hang with a bolt on LS1 but for now it cant even hang with my damn near stock GTP much less my TA.
that's because he is full of ****. G35's and 350Z's dont get much power at all from your typical bolton mods. And with the G35's already being 14 second cars at 90% of tracks, there just isn't much improvement to be had.

If it's beating bolton/cam'd LS1 Fbodies I will raise that BS flag to high heaven. Even just bolton LS1 Fbodies.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thats cool! Ive been looking at some things for him to do. I drove the car and it was really slow feeling. I could barely feel the 1-2 shift. I love his car and could see one as my next dd.
They are very nice cars. Honestly the one thing that helped him more than anything is he could hook. He would only run people from 0-90 which is a typical 1/8.
Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
that's because he is full of ****. G35's and 350Z's dont get much power at all from your typical bolton mods. And with the G35's already being 14 second cars at 90% of tracks, there just isn't much improvement to be had.

If it's beating bolton/cam'd LS1 Fbodies I will raise that BS flag to high heaven. Even just bolton LS1 Fbodies.
I'm full of ****? I'm sorry I have seen this car multiple cars and know the owner well, he traded an 01 som ss for it.
I have seen It run probably ten v8 cars from stock to cam only 6.0s. I said they were going a dig and less than 100, no rolls and no 130 races. It's hard to run a car down that gets you by 3 cars to 40-50 and you only have 40-50mph to make that up.
I have only seen it get beat a few times and Its never by much. Both cars having trwction he woupd get slaughtered. It was kind of fun to go out and talk people Into racing him because they expected an easy kill. Just a good laugh.. Pissed a lot of people off.
Thy are 2001 mustang gt speed... Why is it so hard to believe? I have seen a bolt on 01 gt rape many cars.. He had radial dead hooking and they had street tires. Hell I ended up racing hum to show them that he could be beat with street tires on. He got me until around 40 and then I came by him fast, shut it down after that.
street racing Is all a traction game.

Spinning ain't winning.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:34 PM
9 Second Club

I'd like to run this G35 in my bolt on fbody. Turbo's are still held on by bolts, right?

In all seriousness I'm having a hard time believing a G35 with the same bolt ons handing out beatings. Here or there out racing an fbody I could see that, but beating bolt on fbodies like a walk in the park is just not happening. Unless he is spraying or FI as bolt ons do crap for the VQ engines. I've been there and done that. I'm not one to call BS, but seriously? I've been in that community some time and have never, ever heard any bolt on G35's handing out beatings the way you are making it out to be. Especially from a dig where 230ft/tq do ****. I have a dyno sheet of an even better VQ so I think I know what I'm talking about when bringing up dig races with those G coupes.

Last edited by willizm; 06-04-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lol.. I have zero reason to lie guys.

The cars he is racing are faster and quicker than he is. They spin their *** off and then don't have time to catch up. Because he doesn't make gobs of torque, he doesnt spin.
In all honesty If I drove half the cars he raced he would have lost the majority of the time. Most of the time they didnt pedal. I would give him high high 8s @high 70s/bottom 80mph... But he runs the exact same times on the street. Bolt on fbody or cam fbody at track with traction bottom 8s to high 7s... on the street with someone who isn't peddling the car correctly, about what the g runs but with a lot more top end.

Think about it guys, is it really THAT hard to believe.

Check my latest kill thread.. stone stock 04g auto vs Cai 05 mustang gt.. it was a very good race.. Mustang needed a driver but even with one it would have been a good race. And this was a stock g from 40-60mph rolls. Not a bolt on from a dig.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:20 PM
9 Second Club

Lemons, I could see that. I don't think you are a liar. You were there, I wasn't so I'll take your word for it. I've seen stranger things. I don't think I've seen or heard of many bolt on only G35's run faster than bottom 14's/high 13's. Then again if he is racing poor drivers then I could see how a faster car can lose to a slower car with a better driver. Happens all the time even to LS1 Fbodies.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

i can't believe he traded an SOM SS for a G35 lol. i would never do that in a million years.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98BlackTransAm
i can't believe he traded an SOM SS for a G35 lol. i would never do that in a million years.
I know it.. And it was cleeeean too! Cam and full bolt ons with a built rear. Extremely nice car.. Only had like 50k on it.

And yes will.. I'd probably give his car a high 13 pass...13.7-13.8@101 or so. He just ran the exact same on the street.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Then again if he is racing poor drivers then I could see how a faster car can lose to a slower car with a better driver.
I believe it, I used to take GT mustangs in my old V6 camaro. They'd spin and I'd launch, at 40 I'd have 3+ cars on them..

On a side note, was out driving today and saw a GT, was hoping for a race. Then got next to it and saw some 60yr old lady driving, what does she need all that.... Oh wait it's only a Mustang, there is no power!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98BlackTransAm
Seriously, wtf.

Bingo. No matter what I did to that g it just wasn't getting any quicker. It just got louder.

The 3er responds so much better to mods and the torque goes up nicely with a a tune
LOL. I get what you mean.. the Z is getting louder. It does feel a bit faster compared to stock and sounds a lot better. Now to be truthful the car is pretty snappy, given it's light weight and power. However, it's nothing like the pull you get from a torquey car.

In all honesty if instead of the 370z they released a smaller displacement i6 Z car, was it twin turbo, and got it to pump out similar numbers to the 335i while still being under 3300 lbs and losing none of the sports car feel it has now... that would be amazing. I wouldn't doubt it if the next gen Z goes back to the turbo.

Either way you slice it however, I've been looking at the 335i coupes, 5.0's, z06's, camaro's, etc more and more...

Quick Reply: G35 duesch and a Mustang GT... WS6 2-0