Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

G35 duesch and a Mustang GT... WS6 2-0

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 10:34 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr370z
Seriously, wtf.

LOL. I get what you mean.. the Z is getting louder. It does feel a bit faster compared to stock and sounds a lot better. Now to be truthful the car is pretty snappy, given it's light weight and power. However, it's nothing like the pull you get from a torquey car.

In all honesty if instead of the 370z they released a smaller displacement i6 Z car, was it twin turbo, and got it to pump out similar numbers to the 335i while still being under 3300 lbs and losing none of the sports car feel it has now... that would be amazing. I wouldn't doubt it if the next gen Z goes back to the turbo.

Either way you slice it however, I've been looking at the 335i coupes, 5.0's, z06's, camaro's, etc more and more...
The z's benefit from being significantly lighter weight than the G37 is. It's a pig and if you don't have the torque to get it to move, then well you see where I'm going. As for the mods, it just seems like the car vq runs so well from factory that it's hard to extract more power from it with bolt ons. I barely crested 300's and on the other dyno where I was tuned I read in the 290's.

Quick Reply: G35 duesch and a Mustang GT... WS6 2-0