Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Paging SLYWS6, Lets race for $100.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sly,

Sorry, I didn't know 40 was your deadspot. I'm open to negotiate that speed a little. What would be better for you. I'll run you from a stop for fun anytime you want, but not for money. I'm glad you are going to post the video, I would but I don't have the equipment. We will record from my car just for our own records.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

No probs I will be recording from my car as well. Any speed it doesn't matter to me, we allready agreed on it so it's cool. Just takes me a sec to lock up the converter and get the car moving. Oh ya and where is this strip?

-Sly
Old 02-26-2004, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slyws6
No probs I will be recording from my car as well. Any speed it doesn't matter to me, we allready agreed on it so it's cool. Just takes me a sec to lock up the converter and get the car moving. Oh ya and where is this strip?

-Sly
Good question Sly, I want to know where this strip is as well.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

actually since I got my new exhaust I hit it from around a 40 roll the other day, spun (surprisingly cause it's usually a dead spot for me) then caught traction then had to wait to lock up the converter but then went. BTW what is an FRC vette???
Old 02-26-2004, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, that sounds good. If you want to go any faster on the roll just let me know. I'll start as fast as you want. Just nothing under 40. I know of 3 spots we can do it. The first one is the most risky traffic wise, its that nice straightaway on the interstate going back to hendersonville from patton right in front of Biltmore mall. I don't about the speeds out there but my brother got 130 in the cobra so its not bad. The other is on the interstate going across hendersonville from exit 18 (4 seasons) going towards 22 (upward road). Thats good for about 150 with plenty of stopping room. If you really want to go secluded and be a lot safer, we have a spot we usually go to a little south of hendersonville where we get speeds of 150+. It's also pretty light with traffic. Around 1am and on, we would be able to get the full straightaway to ourselves with no traffic if we pull over and wait a minute. The only problem with that one is its a little bit of a drive from asheville, about 45 minutes. It's up to you.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slyws6
actually since I got my new exhaust I hit it from around a 40 roll the other day, spun (surprisingly cause it's usually a dead spot for me) then caught traction then had to wait to lock up the converter but then went. BTW what is an FRC vette???
LOL LOL I was going to ask the same thing. But I thought I would look like an ***. Did a search and found out it is a fixed roof corvette with a handling package. Not sure how this makes it faster, but I did read it was lighter.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmmm I don't want to drive 45 mins so either of the other 2 places will work. There is also a road in weaverville where I used to live where you have plenty of room to hit 140 but that's about 10 mins north of asheville. Plus out there, there's never any cops. I'd like to cruise by the road we race on once to check for cops and any unexpected obstacles since we will be going to high speeds. Oh ya and about your brother, now that I remember, the last time I talked to him we were going to get jumper cables for josh's car cause that was when he had his ignition relay go out and his battery died trying to start it.

-Sly
Old 02-26-2004, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya I was like ummm what you got fuel rail covers, i got those too they added like a good 50rwhp lol
Old 02-26-2004, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sly,

We can just do that spot in asheville by Biltmore. Thats a pretty good one. I'll have a few cars follow us and slow down traffic behind us so if there happens to be a cop, he'll have to put his lights on to get by, and that'll give us plenty of time to get away. We use that routine all the time, works pretty well. Btw, just so you know, since you told me you've "done some things" since we last raced, I'll tell you that I've "done some things" too.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol what kind of things
Old 02-26-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol what kind of things, everything I have is in my sig. So why don't you fess up with what you have
Old 02-26-2004, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, and my brother told me about that time you said you had to get some jumper cables. He just wanted to run for fun, he knew he would lose, its just a stock 03.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

that's cool, so what have you done, now you got me curious.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have lingenfelter heads, and a custom tune. I also need to run race gas.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

so you did heads, but not a cam, that doesnt make since cause why breathe even more and not let more fuel in, when you can let more fuel in and keep the stock heads. that just does not make any sense at all! oh well.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lingenfelter heads and race gas. So why do you have to run race gas, what kind of compression are you running? So why did you say you only had 2 mods???? Not quite fair, setting up races for money knowing exactly what I have and then saying you have only 2 mods. So what exactly do you have done? What valve sizes, flow #'s, compression ratio? If you have heads then you most likely have a cam as well, what is your exact setup? Just so I know what I'm up against.

-Sly
Old 02-26-2004, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh and who did your tune?? If you have to run race gas then your compression ratio is up there quite a ways. These newer engines can run higher compression ratio's on pump gas pretty safely. I'm running roughly 11.3:1 on pump gas.

-Sly
Old 02-26-2004, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Killervette,

I can assure you, Sly had nothing but good things to say about the run you guys had and your car. I was hanging out with him that night and he never said anything to down you or your ride. He, like most of us, just enjoys the rush.

I'm not trying to get involved, as this is between you two, but I just wanted to make sure that you didn't feel like he was knocking you. He's a really cool guy who just enjoys the thrill of the race.

You've got a really sweet ride, by the way. Sounds great. I'm a fan of the Loudmouth myself.

Anyway, just wanted to help clear the air. Hopefully I'll catch up with you around town sometime.

Josh
Old 02-26-2004, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know what your getting all worked up about. You have more mods than I do by far. I don't know all the specs on the heads, and I figured the cam didn't matter, its mild as hell, you probably wouldn't be able to tell unless you had both cars there at the same time and compared. Since you went up a stage in heads and you had a few more things done, I think its only fair that I do to. I don't know much about the car, I have a private tuner who I pay to modify my car. The only thing I can tell you is the car is nothing like it was when we last raced.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

that's cool just want to know what I am getting into. Because with similar mods then ya M6 should take me from a roll and to make it fair would be to run from a dig. I'm not sure why your afraid to with those mods, I spin to 60-65mph before I hook up now. So I am constantly letting out of the throttle for traction as well.

-Sly