Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Paging SLYWS6, Lets race for $100.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 10:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
CAI, 2.93 pulley, chip, catback will put you at ~440rwhp. Start looking for Z06's.

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH......Unit, you're killin' me!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2004, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If anyone thinks modding their car will pay for itself through street racing, sorry your in the wrong business.......or I'm in the wrong city.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:40 PM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

come on now killer won't winning a $100 pay for the the motor when it breaks racing? LOL i agree unless your running for big money it's pointless to do it for anything but fun because the only reason your really doing it is for bragging rights
Old 03-02-2004, 08:54 AM
On The Tree

Your exactly right 68maro, i do it just for bragging rights! I don't like gambling money on races, and besides if i had 100 dollars it be going right into the car for moer perf.parts!!

Can't wait till you guys come down in the spring, its gunna be fun!!
Old 03-02-2004, 11:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

ok, now is anything going to happen from this. because it has now almost become just a regular convo that can carried on in PM's

ill give it a few more days you know, Let her die or ill just lock her up
Old 03-02-2004, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why would you lock it up? I see no reason for that. This is a street racing/kill story section. Remember? The first part is street racing. Almost every post in here, in some way refers to street racing.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

sorry, to me it just sounded like you three are now talking of when it will be best to meet were, and for how much money. Just be better to not waste the sites space and take it to AIM or something of that sort. ill keep it open for a while longer. just a little reminder it should be kills but it is now encroaching 10 pages of this...
Old 03-02-2004, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I understand, but if your looking to lock posts that don't belong here to save space, there are TONS of posts that have nothing to do with the ls1. After all, this is the ls1 tech. There are plenty of kill stories with titles that are clearly not ls1 related. I'd like to see those locked.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Screw it I'll bring my heavy TA conv mn-6 and a $1000.00 (Stock Heads Stock Cam but nothing else is even close) if the issue is heads and cam. Just for fun, but if you race on the street you should be getting enough for the risk otherwise I take it to the track for free.

68Maro said it right: "come on now killer won't winning a $100 pay for the the motor when it breaks racing? LOL i agree unless your running for big money it's pointless to do it for anything but fun because the only reason your really doing it is for bragging rights"
Old 03-02-2004, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your right, I totally agree. If you do it for any other reason than bragging rights, then that makes no sense. If you go and race someone for $3000, then it's worth it, but who does that? Theres too many factors in a street race, thats why people race for reasonable amounts, like $100. You don't want to take out a loan at the bank to pay someone when you lose a race. LOL. That reminds me of a guy in an eclipse who came up to me and asked if I wanted to race. I said ok. We went to the interstate, the eclipse was pretty heavily modded, it was pretty close in first, second I started walking him pretty bad, then by third I could barely see his headlights. When we met back up, he started making coments on how my car (a 99 vette) wasn't worth the money and how his eclipse was such a better value because he hung with me. He was cursing like crazy and saying **** to me. WTF!!! He's in an eclipse and lost to a vette. Big deal. How can you get mad when you lose to a faster car than you? The point here, is there are **** out there who take racing way too seriously to the point where it's not fun anymore. That is not what street racing is about, its about having fun.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I posted in the southern area to find people from the asheville nc area. Everyone from the asheville area check in there so we can see who lives in the area from this forum. That'll be better for making any kind of racing arrangements.