Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

cts-v vs evo x

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Evos are nothing to look past. I have both and my evo is faster than my z06. Sure the Z is stock and the evo has some $ into it, but evos can be down right nasty from a dig and do some damage from a roll too!
Old 06-14-2011, 03:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by redctsv
Evos are nothing to look past. I have both and my evo is faster than my z06. Sure the Z is stock and the evo has some $ into it, but evos can be down right nasty from a dig and do some damage from a roll too!
yeah i know they are sick from a dig, but we were roll racing.. and maybe i just got lucky i dunno
Old 06-14-2011, 03:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redctsv
Yea, and my 1993 mustang 4cyl car has some money into it as well and its fast from a dig or roll. Dont get your point. ANY car can be fast with work and more importantly money.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Enough with the arguing lol. Good kill, OP. Was it an MR? Man I'd love to own an Evo MR or STI one day. The first turbo car I ever experienced was an MR during a test drive and I fell in love. Nothing can EVER replace big, mean American V8s in my opinion, but those AWD turbo STI and MRs would be so much fun to modify
Old 06-14-2011, 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hell yeah lol.. thanks
Old 06-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Coming from the AWD import turbo world... lets just say you got lucky he might have only had a catback on the car...

The new 4B11 is very responsive with minimal work done to em.

And evo 9 with cams and bolt ons is a 400whp+ car and more than capable of tramping all over a CTS-V that isnt nitroused or boosted.

Good kIll man but be careful with the EVOs. Ive seen a number locally that with a brake boost start can destroy most cars including ours.

That being said ive ridden in a number of evos and win or lose id still rather be in the CTS-V anyday.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Yea, and my 1993 mustang 4cyl car has some money into it as well and its fast from a dig or roll. Dont get your point. ANY car can be fast with work and more importantly money.
lmfao. a smart car can beat a ferrari if u can put the right money in it

Quick Reply: cts-v vs evo x