Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 10:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by audacious nick
Got mine in that price range, so it's possible. Just look around. And ls3 corvette>terminator.
Comparing them Vettes and Mustangs again

Thanks for the kind comparison
Old 01-19-2014, 11:02 AM
7 Second Club

Received 315 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead

Haha, don't know why the fif gen is always skipped when making comparisons.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by islander033
Yeah they always go to the Forth gen
Old 01-19-2014, 11:06 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead

3200lbs>36xxlbs. And the interior is nicer, too. Lol.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:07 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

I'm comparing the price range. **** the fifth gen, too.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:39 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Bored at work and wandering around the plant today I found two 2015 Navigators. Good looking trucks.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Heater
There was a SRK fight on Face Book tonight, it was rather ugly to watch so I had to unfollow it....and it was on my on post
Jeez, I wasn't invited
Originally Posted by ZNix
Awe man! But I iz real!
Me too, bruh
Originally Posted by 427zm
2 things: 1) the dude is an adult from his dialect
2) who as an adult talks to themselves on an Internet forum under different fake alias's?

Dude has major issues.
This
Originally Posted by audacious nick
Yeah, no. You have to shop around a little, but you can find them for like $25,000.
I've seen a few, but most 3LT 08s (what I'd be interested in) run $27-30k. The LS3 C6 is definitely becoming a bargain car

Originally Posted by StealthFRC
you can easily find ls2 vettes in that range but i haven't seen any ls3's.
I've seen very few LS3 C6s for around $25k, but they definitely are there. You are correct with there being a lot more LS2s at that level
Originally Posted by willizm
I don't understand why people feel the need to convey an image they are not. Why bother to waste the time and effort.
Because I have low self esteem, bro
Old 01-19-2014, 01:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ZNix
Awe man! But I iz real!
I'm far to lame to be fake.

Oh come on.. You know why it's skipped. Let's be honest. Lol

Last edited by S8ER95Z; 01-19-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
GT500's are over rated
Yeah, they suck
Old 01-19-2014, 01:33 PM
11 Second Club

Had a similar thing happen a couple summers ago at a local cruise night. Primarily import guys with a few domestics here and there. Kid (probably late 20's, but looks like a 16 y/o) shows up wearing a tie straight from the office in a gt500 with bolt ons, pulley and tune. He parks the car at an angle in the middle of the cruise night like as if parking in an orderly line would out-shadow his dominance. Walks around the parking lot with a couple of his friends and being overly loud saying "nothing worth running here" and the like. Couple friends I know want to see me call him out so I wait for him to say something within ear shot and I said "if you want something worth running, how about my TA over there". Guy looks over at the backside of the car from across the parking lot and says he "doesn't want to run that car as it's not worth the gas". I say "that's funny because I wouldn't waste the gas on your car, but here we are with you saying there is nothing worth running here and you have the fastest car out of the bunch". He asks whats done, i tell him it's a single turbo car, forged motor, and the drivetrain to take a hard launch. He said well it better be making over 600hp to hang with him. I said I got you covered and then some. It was like a switch went off in this kid. His demeanor changed and he had a million reasons why he can't run tonight. He's on street tires(NT555's), he's got tickets, it's not safe, he's getting re-tuned soon because he runs lean in spots and on top of that he tries to act buddy buddy with me in hopes that I don't push the issue.

I said, well if you want to run em I'm not going anywhere. Your call. He walked around for about 20 more minutes rather quietly with his friends and they left without making much of a scene.

Not all gt500 guys are like this of course so i'm not getting at that, but lets face it. Douchebags are attracted to high hp cars. Doesn't matter if it's a gt500, a z06, a lambo, a gtr, whatever. Those types of guys are going for cars that they can feel confident in having the upper hand. I'm glad the aftermarket neutralizes that.
+1 I would have horselaughed them too. I don't care what the car is.. there are douchebags everywhere who own them.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

So... I have taken this week to do some thinking on the race with Hio thing. I am going to officially back out of it, and here are the reasons:

As some of you know, I mentioned a little while back that I was thinking of taking the car back to stock, and getting rid of it to possibly get some land.. or something that will actually hold value.

If I go 4 hours away(which i am not fond of anyway) to race, and break something, even possibly the motor, then I am screwed on making money on getting rid of the car. I personally don't want to take that risk.

Not to mention, I was going to purchase a set of $450 tires just to be able to race the car. Seems like a bad investment to make just for a race.

The track is opening regardless that weekend for test and tune.. and that does not mean a Meet cannot still happen. I am just not going to risk breaking something on a car that will be gone within a month, or sooner if someone offers the right price.

With all this being said, here goes:

Hio, I apologize for the callout knowing ahead of time there was a possibility that I was getting rid of the car. I'm man enough to admit that my defense of the statement you made about dragging my car got me going.

Had I planned on keeping the car, this race would have definitely happened.

I have been going back and forth alot lately, which is why I have not taken the mods off the car yet. I enjoy driving it every time I get into it.. but at my age it's time to put priorities ahead of toys.

BUT, Hio, if you are going to find yourself in the area(within an hr drive or so for me), before the car is gone, I will be glad to meet up and run you even with my current 20" tires on the car.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:49 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Heater
There was a SRK fight on Face Book tonight, it was rather ugly to watch so I had to unfollow it....and it was on my on post
Funny how that happens, huh?
Old 01-19-2014, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Had a similar thing happen a couple summers ago at a local cruise night. Primarily import guys with a few domestics here and there. Kid (probably late 20's, but looks like a 16 y/o) shows up wearing a tie straight from the office in a gt500 with bolt ons, pulley and tune. He parks the car at an angle in the middle of the cruise night like as if parking in an orderly line would out-shadow his dominance. Walks around the parking lot with a couple of his friends and being overly loud saying "nothing worth running here" and the like. Couple friends I know want to see me call him out so I wait for him to say something within ear shot and I said "if you want something worth running, how about my TA over there". Guy looks over at the backside of the car from across the parking lot and says he "doesn't want to run that car as it's not worth the gas". I say "that's funny because I wouldn't waste the gas on your car, but here we are with you saying there is nothing worth running here and you have the fastest car out of the bunch". He asks whats done, i tell him it's a single turbo car, forged motor, and the drivetrain to take a hard launch. He said well it better be making over 600hp to hang with him. I said I got you covered and then some. It was like a switch went off in this kid. His demeanor changed and he had a million reasons why he can't run tonight. He's on street tires(NT555's), he's got tickets, it's not safe, he's getting re-tuned soon because he runs lean in spots and on top of that he tries to act buddy buddy with me in hopes that I don't push the issue.

I said, well if you want to run em I'm not going anywhere. Your call. He walked around for about 20 more minutes rather quietly with his friends and they left without making much of a scene.

Not all gt500 guys are like this of course so i'm not getting at that, but lets face it. Douchebags are attracted to high hp cars. Doesn't matter if it's a gt500, a z06, a lambo, a gtr, whatever. Those types of guys are going for cars that they can feel confident in having the upper hand. I'm glad the aftermarket neutralizes that.
I'd have loved to been there for this. It's great to see people swallow their ego, put their tail between their legs and go home.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:20 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
UGHHHH
Went to a party tonite. 5 GT500 guys came there. Fastest ran 11.4s and they were all like this guy is the $#%%. Say what???
I texted a bunch of guys from here to see if I was being mean saying that was pathetic. Anyway they made fun of me driving there in a Corolla. I said I will run you with my Supra. They got tipped off by Thano after saying they had the fastest street car in central Florida,Mr. Law has N20,LS fbodies run 11.8s with head cam in real world blah blah. They wanted me to spot them 4 cars and the kick on a roll. Wait a sec I thought you had a the fastest street car around here??? Anyway needless to say it never happened after I went back and got the car said lets go. I have "too many mods" was excuse . Wow. Where is Mr Law or Hammer in person when you need him...
Sounds like your typical gt500 owner.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by adamantium
Sounds like your typical gt500 owner.
It's not typical. I have met alot of nice GT500 owners. The one's who are douches, are typically the young crowd that can finally afford an 07-09 model when the price drops into their price range. They haven't learned to give respect to other peoples cars.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
So... I have taken this week to do some thinking on the race with Hio thing. I am going to officially back out of it, and here are the reasons:

As some of you know, I mentioned a little while back that I was thinking of taking the car back to stock, and getting rid of it to possibly get some land.. or something that will actually hold value.

If I go 4 hours away(which i am not fond of anyway) to race, and break something, even possibly the motor, then I am screwed on making money on getting rid of the car. I personally don't want to take that risk.

Not to mention, I was going to purchase a set of $450 tires just to be able to race the car. Seems like a bad investment to make just for a race.

The track is opening regardless that weekend for test and tune.. and that does not mean a Meet cannot still happen. I am just not going to risk breaking something on a car that will be gone within a month, or sooner if someone offers the right price.

Hio, I apologize for the callout knowing ahead of time there was a possibility that I was getting rid of the car. I'm man enough to admit that my defense of the statement you made about dragging my car got me going.

I have been going back and forth alot lately, which is why I have not taken the mods off the car yet. I enjoy driving it every time I get into it.. but at my age it's time to put priorities ahead of toys.

BUT, Hio, if you are going to find yourself in the area(within an hr drive or so for me), before the car is gone, I will be glad to meet up and run you even with my current 20" tires on the car.
grace full bailout. Guess hio gets the win by default..........jk........... im relieved as I was hussling trying to get the iroc finished up that fast. I feel a little better and can take my time now.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
grace full bailout. Guess hio gets the win by default..........jk........... im relieved as I was hussling trying to get the iroc finished up that fast. I feel a little better and can take my time now.
I would assume he gets the victory since I am not bringing the car up there. The test and tune is still going on though. I may still make the trip... not racing.. but make the trip if there are other members still interested in a meet though.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:00 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's not typical. I have met alot of nice GT500 owners. The one's who are douches, are typically the young crowd that can finally afford an 07-09 model when the price drops into their price range. They haven't learned to give respect to other peoples cars.
Ive probably meet one cool gt500 owner, and in miami there are zillions of em. Rest are like supra owners, they need a high *** roll, they think every car is a waste of their gas etc.. etc..
Old 01-19-2014, 03:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 448 Likes on 354 Posts

And don't forget poorly driven.
I think the stars has to be aligned for those things to put down good track #'s.
IDK why either. 5th gen's are good running cars. Done right, cam only cars would show you tailights. The whole line of 5th gen's are coming into their own right now. 1LE> boss/track pack, SS = 5.0, and the ZL vs GT500 are 2 great cars with each having a edge in certain area's. Z/28 > anything ford has ever made.

But yea....other than that 5th gen's are horrible.

BTW....there was a bolt-on m6 5th gen with a blower that ran times similar to your incregeitable gt500.........yep.....they suck.

Sucks man.....I was looking forward to this. I probably won't be within an hour of you anytime soon. Good luck with finding some property, definitely a better investment than a car. And after all that goes down maybe you can find a 4th gen to play with. They're relatively inexpensive now and I can help learn you how to make them drag gt500's

Oh well, if enough people still want to show up I'm down to still come. If not then I will run my local track when they open.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:13 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by adamantium
Ive probably meet one cool gt500 owner, and in miami there are zillions of em. Rest are like supra owners, they need a high *** roll, they think every car is a waste of their gas etc.. etc..
I think that has as much to do with where you live as what cars the people are driving. Isn't Miami basically chock-full of douchebags?

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)