Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if this one has been posted here but if goin for thrashed out tuner swaps, this one is the most badass one I've seen... Even if it is a 5.0 lol

Old 03-22-2014, 04:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thetmeister05
I straight walked an 09 super snake with my 394whp ss... he said it was 750 and from a roll he never came even close... from a dig however I would never have risked it. I absolutely could not get the power to the ground on 275 firestones...
If he had 750, he had zero driving skills, or zero traction. I only had 690 in mine and a 390rwhp fbody wouldnt have been in the same zipcode as me in a roll.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
If he had 750, he had zero driving skills, or zero traction. I only had 690 in mine and a 390rwhp fbody wouldnt have been in the same zipcode as me in a roll.
I'm inclined to say both apply to each other. I can get 750 to hook up enough to just decimate what I was running. He'd have to be running skinny's out back for the race to be simply a matter of traction. Guy sounded like a moron. I don't even think he knew what torque was. He seemed to only be able to quote HP numbers lol
Old 03-22-2014, 05:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wasn't sure people still believed what other people said when they spout off some stupid HP number.....
Old 03-22-2014, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lawhead
I wasn't sure people still believed what other people said when they spout off some stupid HP number.....
Like I said... it was a blown stang for sure. It had a bunch of super snake and shelby emblems and he claimed that's what it was. How true it all is, I have no idea, nor will I ever. Just talking about what I experienced. Based on the results, I would say he bought a fake super snake and had no idea what he actually had... especially after talking to the tool lol
Old 03-22-2014, 05:31 PM
10 Second Club

Like I said... it was a blown stang for sure. It had a bunch of super snake and shelby emblems and he claimed that's what it was. How true it all is, I have no idea, nor will I ever. Just talking about what I experienced. Based on the results, I would say he bought a fake super snake and had no idea what he actually had... especially after talking to the tool lol
Kinda like the F-body guys who say that have a corvette motor in their car as soon as they say that I just ignore everything they say.....
Old 03-22-2014, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Kinda like the F-body guys who say that have a corvette motor in their car as soon as they say that I just ignore everything they say.....
In SOME of their defense... When we got non-car people asking what motor we got and we say ls1, their eyes just kinda glaze over lol. It's gotten to the point for me, that I say ls1... same motor as the corvette. Usually those are the mustang guys that bought a mustang to SAY they drive a mustang but in reality have NO idea what they actually have. Those are the second biggest mustang douches in the world in my book haha
Old 03-22-2014, 05:38 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

What's the first in your book?
Old 03-22-2014, 05:40 PM
10 Second Club

In SOME of their defense... When we got non-car people asking what motor we got and we say ls1, their eyes just kinda glaze over lol. It's gotten to the point for me, that I say ls1... same motor as the corvette. Usually those are the mustang guys that bought a mustang to SAY they drive a mustang but in reality have NO idea what they actually have. Those are the second biggest mustang douches in the world in my book haha
So you're one of them people I'd ignore....

I'm guessing Cobra owners will be number one in your book? or Mustangs that are faster than you are the big douches?
Old 03-22-2014, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

I'm guessing Cobra owners will be number one in your book? or Mustangs that are faster than you are the big douches?
lol probably. The only time I do it though is when I get asked. Those are the people that don't really have a clue. Most mustang guys that actually have a clue won't bother asking me whats in it. At least not without saying "It's got the LS1 I'm assuming?" or some variation of the sort.

Nah... Specific type owners don't bother me. And I have no real issues with losing to a mustang. If a car is faster than mine, then so be it. I respect mustangs. It's the ones that will sit there and just bash my car while talking to me and say their Mustang is better and will drag my *** and talk about how much HP it's making and it's got DOHC and is therefore a better and faster motor than mine and blah blah blah. The ones that are so dedicated to their car that they are completely ignorant to the possibility that maybe, just MAYBE, I can beat you. And when I DO beat them, they say I'm not saying everything that's done to my car or they haven't programmed their car right or whatever.

THOSE are the top douches lol
Old 03-22-2014, 05:50 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

He's one of "them" for sure.

*Cobro Owners*
Old 03-22-2014, 05:55 PM
Banned

Whats the difference between the C5 Corvette ls1 and the fbody Ls1?
Old 03-22-2014, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Whats the difference between the C5 Corvette ls1 and the fhody Ls1?
Nothing. Same motor inside and out. (for liability reasons I will say AS FAR AS I KNOW hahaha)
Old 03-22-2014, 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think POSSIBLY the exhaust manifold for clearance reasons.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Exhaust manifolds,front accessories,batwing oil pan. Long block is identical.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by islander033
He's one of "them" for sure.

*Cobro Owners*
Don't get me wrong, you will NEVER see me OWNING a mustang. And I love to spit **** at mustang owners. I'm a GM guy through and through. It's what I was born into. But for me, it's all in jest. I could get walked by a goddamn v6 stang and, well, it is what it is. I have no problem saying I got beat. It's no fun, but the thrill of racing, whatever it is I may be against, is all I'm out for.

I do, however, believe that overall, the mustang motors are inferior to ls's... POTENTIAL-wise. HP per dollar between the 2 makes an LS a no brainer in my book. But, everyone has their preference. And I don't actually knock anybody for their own personal preference. It's like blondes vs. brunettes to me lol
Old 03-22-2014, 06:13 PM
Teching In

If I ever get a title for my 92 volvo wagon I need a set of c5 vette manifolds. The fit nice in volvo swaps.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Exhaust manifolds,front accessories,batwing oil pan. Long block is identical.
I guess this is what I SHOULD'VE said. It's what I meant at least lol.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Don't get me wrong, you will NEVER see me OWNING a mustang. And I love to spit **** at mustang owners. I'm a GM guy through and through. It's what I was born into. But for me, it's all in jest. I could get walked by a goddamn v6 stang and, well, it is what it is. I have no problem saying I got beat. It's no fun, but the thrill of racing, whatever it is I may be against, is all I'm out for.

I do, however, believe that overall, the mustang motors are inferior to ls's... POTENTIAL-wise. HP per dollar between the 2 makes an LS a no brainer in my book. But, everyone has their preference. And I don't actually knock anybody for their own personal preference. It's like blondes vs. brunettes to me lol
As of 2011 the are no longer inferior!!! Unless fully built.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:17 PM
10 Second Club

Potential vs Cost is 2 different things

All out Mod motors have proven to put out more power than all out LS motors

I won't argue on the cost thing though, LS is deff a lot cheaper than the mod motor stuff when it comes to valve train things and such but being able to use a lot of stock parts helps in that category. I've owned both and enjoy both but to bash something because it's simply a Camero or a Mustang is just ignorance......

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)