Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 11:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 448 Likes on 354 Posts

I had a chance to work on a couple pretty cool projects lately for some local racers.

First one was a localish guy that races a restricter class car in road racing....he travels around pretty good doin it. It's a 4cyl Nissan chassis car that runs on a 24mm restricter. he found out I used to work on a professional road race team where we at times ran restricters depending on the class we was in. We ran everything from IMSA GTP cars, Busch series, Speed Vision, ALMS GT over the years.

Anyway...he brought me his car and I'm sure he was doin some stuff that helped but it just wasn't to the level of my experience. So I went to work....luckily I kept our old restricter mold when we tossed all that ****. He basically had his restricter in his rad duct opening with large piping up to his airbox. Here is my process.

he put the car on a chassis dyno and it picked up 6hp at peak!......But it was at about 9-10 hp through out the rpm band!! Now here is the best part......he picked up 20tq errywhere!!! He said the car felt noticeably stronger. Awesome gains on a restricter car.

Good **** for a hillbilly
Old 08-10-2014, 12:07 AM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I had a chance to work on a couple pretty cool projects lately for some local racers.
The elusive triple-post, very nice
Old 08-10-2014, 12:20 AM
10 Second Club

Now on to my second cool project.....Local 4cyl dirt racer that has been running good but was tired of being out powered by the local engine builder......so a few guys recommended me to him. Why I don't know other than they know I try **** that's a little outside the box. They wanted to do this with the legal head as they think the guy that is out powering them is using a illegal head. With that said porting is LeGAL

To you guys surprise this is a furd I'm working on now. So I tried a couple things and just was not happy with how things was looking. I even put a hole in the port....I was not happy. Just not enough meat to do what I wanted. So I tried a different approach and got things to a somewhat satisfactory condition. I also had 2 intakes to work with.....a factory ford intake and a esslinger.

The results were they were 1 second faster than everyone in practice by the stop watch. Now in that type a racing you take that with a grain of salt......but they also said the car was running lean so clearly the changes I made did something. I didn't here anything from them for the rest of the night so I texted them to ask how it went. They said the car was "crazy fast". In the main they went from 12th to 2nd in 3 laps and then got took out......sounds like it was moving pretty well......no pics on that stuff
Old 08-10-2014, 12:24 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
The elusive triple-post, very nice
Did it triple? I didn't go back and look. I only seen this page....wtf It did take forever to post.

Edit....hell it doubled on this page...lol

Deleting one
Old 08-10-2014, 08:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

Nice work hio!
Old 08-10-2014, 08:02 AM
10 Second Club

Nice work hio!
Old 08-10-2014, 08:04 AM
10 Second Club

New iPad yay!
Old 08-10-2014, 08:29 AM
10 Second Club

http://time.com/3094400/colorado-rec...ana-pot-sales/

Colorado alone has sold 114 million dollars of weed so far lol
Old 08-10-2014, 08:30 AM
10 Second Club

Old 08-10-2014, 09:31 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Headed to the PGA today bitches.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Headed to the PGA today. Time to go be uppity.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now on to my second cool project.....Local 4cyl dirt racer that has been running good but was tired of being out powered by the local engine builder......so a few guys recommended me to him. Why I don't know other than they know I try **** that's a little outside the box. They wanted to do this with the legal head as they think the guy that is out powering them is using a illegal head. With that said porting is LeGAL

To you guys surprise this is a furd I'm working on now. So I tried a couple things and just was not happy with how things was looking. I even put a hole in the port....I was not happy. Just not enough meat to do what I wanted. So I tried a different approach and got things to a somewhat satisfactory condition. I also had 2 intakes to work with.....a factory ford intake and a esslinger.

The results were they were 1 second faster than everyone in practice by the stop watch. Now in that type a racing you take that with a grain of salt......but they also said the car was running lean so clearly the changes I made did something. I didn't here anything from them for the rest of the night so I texted them to ask how it went. They said the car was "crazy fast". In the main they went from 12th to 2nd in 3 laps and then got took out......sounds like it was moving pretty well......no pics on that stuff
Impressive stuff HIO. I knew you did projects like this from some of your previous posts but it looks as though you do a wide variety of this kind of work. It must be rewarding to work on these cars and then see the actual track results. I am always amazed with people who are talented and good at what they do in their job. Good stuff.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:54 AM
11 Second Club

Torque anyone? Tesla S model blows by the Dyno's peak threshold by more than 2000lbs. Check out the graph in this video of the dyno run.

http://www.carthrottle.com/the-tesla...e-measurement/
Old 08-10-2014, 09:55 AM
11 Second Club

First one was a localish guy that races a restricter class car in road racing....he travels around pretty good doin it. It's a 4cyl Nissan chassis car that runs on a 24mm restricter. he found out I used to work on a professional road race team where we at times ran restricters depending on the class we was in. We ran everything from IMSA GTP cars, Busch series, Speed Vision, ALMS GT over the years.

Anyway...he brought me his car and I'm sure he was doin some stuff that helped but it just wasn't to the level of my experience. So I went to work....luckily I kept our old restricter mold when we tossed all that ****. He basically had his restricter in his rad duct opening with large piping up to his airbox. Here is my process.

he put the car on a chassis dyno and it picked up 6hp at peak!......But it was at about 9-10 hp through out the rpm band!! Now here is the best part......he picked up 20tq errywhere!!! He said the car felt noticeably stronger. Awesome gains on a restricter car.

Good **** for a hillbilly
That's excellent stuff brother.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer

Did you see how much is going to schools and paying public workers? That is what is getting other states on board so quickly. Best part is crime down significantly as well .

I wouldn't be surprised if in the next 5 years all 50 allow medical, and a majority recreational. The politicians don't wanna miss out on that gravy train of extra income.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OVA1
Torque anyone? Tesla S model blows by the Dyno's peak threshold by more than 2000lbs. Check out the graph in this video of the dyno run.

http://www.carthrottle.com/the-tesla...e-measurement/
Very misleading - that is because it has no 1:1 gear to dyno in . Basically the car is always in 1st gear.

Crank Tq is like 450. Still good, but not in the thousands.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Headed to the PGA today bitches.
Must be nice!
Old 08-10-2014, 10:32 AM
10 Second Club

Why the **** is everyone double posting
Old 08-10-2014, 12:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by big hammer
Nice work hio!
Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Impressive stuff HIO. I knew you did projects like this from some of your previous posts but it looks as though you do a wide variety of this kind of work. It must be rewarding to work on these cars and then see the actual track results. I am always amazed with people who are talented and good at what they do in their job. Good stuff.
Originally Posted by OVA1
That's excellent stuff brother.
Thanks guys.....it's fun to do that kind of stuff from time to time. Even funner when you get good results. But i usually have more time in that kind of **** than I can bill for.

I have a couple ideas for my camaro if I get time to fool with it.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:13 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks guys.....it's fun to do that kind of stuff from time to time. Even funner when you get good results. But i usually have more time in that kind of **** than I can bill for.

I have a couple ideas for my camaro if I get time to fool with it.
Wtf am I looking at there Doug lol that an intake tube ?

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)