Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Unfortunately I've been a chiefs fan all my life lol. They did at least win today after all the f'd up **** that they have been through this weekend...
Yeah, the situation with Belcher along with their lackluster season definitely made it an emotional day for them
Old 12-02-2012, 04:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

BTW I had a race the other day with a guy in a Genesis coupe.. I'm hearing his name on here might be "juice"?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...azy-story.html
Old 12-02-2012, 05:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Who are you a fan of?

Yeah, definitely not a Patriots fan. However, I do cheer for any teams playing both the Vikings and the Bears.
Dolphins, at least they are doing better than usual this year
Old 12-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
It's also possible you borrowed someone's gt100 to post pics of.
gt500*
Old 12-02-2012, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

**** New England sports teams. I live here and cant stand 99% of the fans. All year ******* year, either the pats or redsoxs. It never ends....
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

if the new Buick Grand National is a TT v6 AWD 4 door then count me in!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
if the new Buick Grand National is a TT v6 AWD 4 door then count me in!
I believe they are going to have a coupe modeled after the ATS coupe. Might also be RWD. All speculation. I hope its RWD Coupe and TT v6. But I wouldn't mind AWD or Sedan.

Zack
Old 12-02-2012, 06:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZNix
I believe they are going to have a coupe modeled after the ATS coupe. Might also be RWD. All speculation. I hope its RWD Coupe and TT v6. But I wouldn't mind AWD or Sedan.

Zack

I would like an AWD for our wintery climate. plus GM needs an AWD 4 door performance car.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
Dolphins, at least they are doing better than usual this year
5-7 last I checked. Woot!
Originally Posted by ZNix

Zack
I'm really not impressed with what GM is coming out with lately.

I'm holding hopes for the new Chevy SS, but I don't imagine it will be as breathtaking as the G8. GM NEEDS to price it around the Charger if they want to sell that. I've heard rumors of a new platform, reduced weight, and better handling with an L99/LS3, which all sound awesome, but I don't know what to expect from GM anymore. I've heard as low as 3800lbs, but I'm sure it will be right around 4000 like the G8.

I would like an AWD for our wintery climate. plus GM needs an AWD 4 door performance car.
Who knows what will come out
Old 12-02-2012, 06:46 PM
TECH Regular

Everyone wants to bitch about weight but then they want TT/VVT/DOHC/AWD. Lol damn give me something 400hp and <3500 lbs

Last edited by why87; 12-02-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by why87
Everyone wants to bitch about weight but then they want TT/VVT/DOHC/AWD?Quiet. Lol damn give me something 400hp and <3500 lbs
Well the 5th gen was disappointing in weight compared to the 2011+ Mustang.

Just put out a car that performs well, looks priced, is priced competitively, and beats the competition. Recipe for car sales success
Old 12-02-2012, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well the 5th gen was disappointing in weight compared to the 2011+ Mustang.

Just put out a car that performs well, looks priced, is priced competitively, and beats the competition. Recipe for car sales success
Can't be faster then the vette....which is the issue. Why spend 50+k on a c6 when you can buy the new camaro with equal power and weight and half the price. Never gonna happen.

Only reason ford has that major advantage as they only have one car thats ment to go fast, so can't really be worried about being faster then its race inspired brother, as it dosn't have one. lol
Old 12-02-2012, 07:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by why87
Everyone wants to bitch about weight but then they want TT/VVT/DOHC/AWD. Lol damn give me something 400hp and <3500 lbs
wait till you have 3 kids.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZFreie
Can't be faster then the vette....which is the issue. Why spend 50+k on a c6 when you can buy the new camaro with equal power and weight and half the price. Never gonna happen.

Only reason ford has that major advantage as they only have one car thats ment to go fast, so can't really be worried about being faster then its race inspired brother, as it doesn't have one. lol
The C6 is like 3200-3350 lbs, so if they got the Camaro down to ~3500-3600 (wishful thinking), the C6 would still have the edge. I think the ZR1 scales in at 3333 lbs with the base coupe being at 3208 lbs.

Again, all wishful thinking - but that is how I feel. I know it is hard to keep weight down with all of the technological advances, but if the Mustang was able to do it, the Camaro should too. Just imagine a ZL1 with the Magnetic Ride Control and only weighing 3500-3600 lbs

wait till you have 3 kids.
Screw that. Too expensive. Then I'd have a baby mama wanting to take half of my money
Old 12-02-2012, 08:43 PM
12 Second Club

5-7 last I checked. Woot!
Yep, and our QB is doing a decent job for being a rookie. We just need some good receivers. They've at least made most of their losses close this year which is far from the 1-15 team a few years back.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Again, all wishful thinking - but that is how I feel. I know it is hard to keep weight down with all of the technological advances, but if the Mustang was able to do it, the Camaro should too. Just imagine a ZL1 with the Magnetic Ride Control and only weighing 3500-3600 lbs
I hate all the fancy features in cars. In the end when they fail they cost an arm and leg to replace. I can't tell you how many GM cars I know of that have air/magnetic ride w/e in them and when told to cost to replace with correct parts they opt to have the "less fancy" version put in place. lol

My tuna weighs 3300 with me in it, and as far as I see it, thats too much lol. If I were to buy a 5th gen I would spend so much money doing away with all the "fancy" parts trying to get it down in weight that I would end up with a 4th gen with a 5th gen shell lol I highly doubt Ill ever buy a "new" car again. I'll likley buy a couple old cars and invest in them to make them new.

I got distracted while typing this, forgot where I was going with it, soo I'm just gonna stop talking
Old 12-02-2012, 09:08 PM
12 Second Club

I hate all the fancy features in cars. In the end when they fail they cost an arm and leg to replace. I can't tell you how many GM cars I know of that have air/magnetic ride w/e in them and when told to cost to replace with correct parts they opt to have the "less fancy" version put in place. lol

My tuna weighs 3300 with me in it, and as far as I see it, thats too much lol. If I were to buy a 5th gen I would spend so much money doing away with all the "fancy" parts trying to get it down in weight that I would end up with a 4th gen with a 5th gen shell lol I highly doubt Ill ever buy a "new" car again. I'll likley buy a couple old cars and invest in them to make them new.

I got distracted while typing this, forgot where I was going with it, soo I'm just gonna stop talking
I'm in agreement, although I will say if the New SS is anywhere near as good as the G8GT I would consider getting one
Old 12-02-2012, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 275 Likes on 210 Posts

G8GT's are smooth..roommate had one and I put a tune on it..
Old 12-02-2012, 09:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by the_merv
G8GT's are smooth..roommate had one and I put a tune on it..
I had an 08, really nice car and I hated getting rid of it. I surprised quite a few cars in that one, no one knew what it was when they came out. Couple bolt ons really wake them up
Old 12-02-2012, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like creature comforts personally, but to each their own. Lol I was the guy who had a WS6 Trans Am and then dynomatted it so it had less squeaks, rattles, and road noise. It really comes down to personal preference at the end of the day. I would rather have a car I can enjoy driving everyday and run respectable times at the track. When I see completely gutted cars running exceptional times, I'm less impressed because that is what I expected of it. When I see a full weight car running respectable times and come to find out it is in fact full weight, I'm impressed.

Again though, all comes down to personal preference. I'm leaning LS3 C6 as they have minimal weight to begin with
Originally Posted by wooddaniel
I'm in agreement, although I will say if the New SS is anywhere near as good as the G8GT I would consider getting one
Same here man. My issue is cost. I have a truck that runs perfectly fine and I need a tow mobile for my dad and my toys. If I were to get a new SS, I would have to forego my desired C6 or my desired investment goals or give up my water hobby. Not going to happen!

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)