Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 427zm
Yes. Stuff, stuff, stuff, jokes, jokes, stuff, jokes, argument, stuff, jokes, stuff.
BRB.....going to read 900 pages, but only for the "stuff."
Old 10-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by audacious nick
I wonder how many make more hp than my goat.
Dude, some guy has like a big shot bolt on v6 and was saying how he was going to break into the 11s and he went out and ran a 13.8@104mph. He was jetting like 125 too lol. Made me lol so hard.

Man the clunk is annoying. Every time you start or stop. Apparently, if you get them to grease it every oil change, it goes away.

Took them 8 hours to change my oil last time I took it in for maintenance lol.

**** that!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:12 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Dude, some guy has like a big shot bolt on v6 and was saying how he was going to break into the 11s and he went out and ran a 13.8@104mph. He was jetting like 125 too lol. Made me lol so hard.

**** that!
Maybe with a 250 shot.
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
2 sites I never go to: camaro5 and corvetteforum. Vetteforum is the worst. Whiny stuck up fucksticks. I made a guy an offer for a 08 vette that was close to his asking price and youd think I killed his dog. They are delusional, go look at the c6 prices if you ever feel like laughing
The Vette forum is a different breed. That said the way I see it, the Vette forum is straight tame, tech is a more risqué, and the YB is as raw as it comes. Survival of the fittest on the YB.
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had my company truck (2012 Ecoboost) for 58k miles now and it's been a nice truck. That said, here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
- great power
- eats 87 if you want it to
- I have a 17 mile 1 way commute in traffic and it gets 17.5 in the winter, near 19 in the summer-- gas blend differences it gets 21-23 on the highway.
- quiet
- good ride
- tons of rear leg room

Cons:
- first brake job at 40k. Brakes were warped at 20, and I rode it out. My past 3 Chevys never had the brakes done once in over 100k. I'm not the only one to have this issue.
- drive shaft clunk. It's been there from 5k on.
- sync system can be annoying at times.
- A/C is MUCH weaker than any GM a/c I've ever had. It cools but, that's it. It's not cold.
What model f150 do you have? I've been so dead set on the fx4 just because if I'm getting out of having a bimmer and daily driving a truck it better be enjoyable to sit in. I find the fx4 with the black leather interior, nav, backup camera to be one of the best interiors and tech on the market for this segment of trucks.

Originally Posted by big hammer
srs the 5.0 is a better engine than the ecoboost.
I know this may come as a surprise to many people here, but i have a thing for turbo motors.

Also another part of me see's how much room is under the hood for bigger turbo's and the tunability of these motors is pretty stellar so far. RACETRUCK!!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

new gm 6.2 is rated 21 hw mpg, 420hp, 460 tq.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:15 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by willizm
What model f150 do you have? I've been so dead set on the fx4 just because if I'm getting out of having a bimmer and daily driving a truck it better be enjoyable to sit in. I find the fx4 with the black leather interior, nav, backup camera to be one of the best interiors and tech on the market for this segment of trucks.

I know this may come as a surprise to many people here, but i have a thing for turbo motors.

Also another part of me see's how much room is under the hood for bigger turbo's and the tunability of these motors is pretty stellar so far. RACETRUCK!!!!
So put a small turbo on the 5.0. If you're already going to hack away at the ecoboost, don't be a V6 camaro owner. Just buy the bigger engine and boost the ******. Lol
Old 10-02-2013, 10:15 PM
9 Second Club

I know, but all that ******* chrome and the interior is just not nearly as nice as the fx4. I've tossed it back and forth and I just can't get into the new GM trucks. If I did i'd probably get the ecotec3 5.3, but they just aren't hitting the mark in the looks department and there are no good incentives on the new trucks yet because they are so new.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:17 PM
9 Second Club

So put a small turbo on the 5.0. If you're already going to hack away at the ecoboost, don't be a V6 camaro owner. Just buy the bigger engine and boost the ******. Lol
I'd rather have a forged from factory v6 motor than to mess around with a v8 motor that was built for NA applications. The only exception is my ls1 since I built it up from the bare block for boost but I don't have that level of dedication for something that is my daily driver.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its an XLT Supercrew. If it was me buying and not my company, I'd have gone FX2. It'll get you the same decked out interior as the FX4 you have in your post, but the 2WD gas milage. Yes, and I'm sure you've seen the Livernois vid of a tuned Ecoboost that 90 at the wheels. There's a ton of power left in it. The twins spool quick, and the dang thing is dead silent when spooling. Personally, I'd like a little more whoosh.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know, but all that ******* chrome and the interior is just not nearly as nice as the fx4. I've tossed it back and forth and I just can't get into the new GM trucks. If I did i'd probably get the ecotec3 5.3, but they just aren't hitting the mark in the looks department and there are no good incentives on the new trucks yet because they are so new.
The GM trucks need to go on a diet. I think the motors are going to be as rock solid as the current motors are, but losing weight is key. Also, I could have chosen a Chevy or Ford when I picked my past truck, I chose the ford b/c I wanted to have a boosted vehicle. Gotta say, boost is addicting. Now, both me and the wife are running boosted rides. Mid range torque can't be beat in a boosted vehicle.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

aren't the gm trucks significantly lighter than the fords?
Old 10-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

Damn camaro5 vaginas

You have been banned for the following reason:
Ignored previous warning.

Date the ban will be lifted: 11-02-2013, 11:00 PM

Time to make the v6 owner account!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:49 PM
9 Second Club

Its an XLT Supercrew. If it was me buying and not my company, I'd have gone FX2. It'll get you the same decked out interior as the FX4 you have in your post, but the 2WD gas milage. Yes, and I'm sure you've seen the Livernois vid of a tuned Ecoboost that 90 at the wheels. There's a ton of power left in it. The twins spool quick, and the dang thing is dead silent when spooling. Personally, I'd like a little more whoosh.
I'm hoping that a vendor like HPTuners adopts the ecoboost motors so i can get into some of dem tables and see what some ethanol could do for that motor
I'd go with an fx2 but Ford doesn't make a ton of them and the ones that i've found are missing key packages or colors that I want. I got on offer so far for an fx4 that stickers at 52k for $40,500 after incentives and discounts. I'll probably hardly ever use 4x4 but it's nice to have it when I do.

The GM trucks need to go on a diet. I think the motors are going to be as rock solid as the current motors are, but losing weight is key. Also, I could have chosen a Chevy or Ford when I picked my past truck, I chose the ford b/c I wanted to have a boosted vehicle. Gotta say, boost is addicting. Now, both me and the wife are running boosted rides. Mid range torque can't be beat in a boosted vehicle.
I like the gm drivetrain and think the new 5.3 is a pretty stout motor, but it's time for a change and I'm just not digging that interior. I hate to be superficial about something most truck owners would rank dead last in importance, but I just don't want to sit in it.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:50 PM
9 Second Club

I think it all depends on how they are packaged. I think a supercrew f150 is about 5600lbs for an fx4 and a comparable chevy is about the same.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow. Struggling.

**** that!
Dude, smoke breaks!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

Soooo...
Some guy asked for advice for his slicks, as far as tire PSI, burnout time, and rpm launch on a M6.

I responded with:
10psi
Until no one can see, due to smoke
4,500 RPM

If he does well, I claim full credit. Otherwise, I was kidding. Especially the burnout part.
He said thank you, waiting for drag strip results.
Just in case everyone else missed this...

Made me ******* lol.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

The new trucks are heavier than the previous gen, which was heavier than the previous gen. They need to get light quick. I understand fords next gen will be some 500 lbs lighter. GM has to catch up. I like the new look and the interior to me looks great, but weight has to be dropped.

Damn camaro5 vaginas

You have been banned for the following reason:
Ignored previous warning.

Date the ban will be lifted: 11-02-2013, 11:00 PM

Time to make the v6 owner account!
Link, when you get fired back up!

I'm hoping that a vendor like HPTuners adopts the ecoboost motors so i can get into some of dem tables and see what some ethanol could do for that motor
I'd go with an fx2 but Ford doesn't make a ton of them and the ones that i've found are missing key packages or colors that I want. I got on offer so far for an fx4 that stickers at 52k for $40,500 after incentives and discounts. I'll probably hardly ever use 4x4 but it's nice to have it when I do.

There all over the place here in TX. That said, you're in Il or NV, bot along way from here.

I like the gm drivetrain and think the new 5.3 is a pretty stout motor, but it's time for a change and I'm just not digging that interior. I hate to be superficial about something most truck owners would rank dead last in importance, but I just don't want to sit in it.
I get it. The ONLY thing I would say, and it's a BIG difference from Gzm truck to Ford, the A/C is literally not even comparable. Again, though, in Texas that's a huge deal, it may not be where you are.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just in case everyone else missed this...

Made me ******* lol.
Definietly troll king worthy. Lol.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:25 PM
9 Second Club

I get it. The ONLY thing I would say, and it's a BIG difference from Gzm truck to Ford, the A/C is literally not even comparable. Again, though, in Texas that's a huge deal, it may not be where you are.
I don't think I'll have nearly the issue that you have in Texas. Hell the vegas desert I notice that the AC can never work well enough during the dead of summer. The AC cooled seats may help

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)