Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I killed a SC 5.0 GT last night on I-895 toll booth !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 04:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Mac 2002 SS
WOW !!.. LOL.. I did not mean to offend so many Mustang guys on LS1Tech forum . I'm really suprise of how many they are on here. Cool . Anyway ,let me say this..The Mustang was supercharged and he did get out on me ,but my h/c/stall/gear /and size 13 foot pulled him !! We both were WOT. My car shifts at 6700. I didn't get in 1st ,but I got there in 2nd and 3rd pulling like a rape ape !!

I've been racing and messing with cars for 25yrs ,so I know a supercharger when I hear one. C'mon guys , it was just something that happened and I wanted to share the fun. I'm sorry if I said all mustangs look the same to me ,but I'm not a big mustang fan nor will I ever will be. I know plenty of guys with some fast mustangs and even have a few family members that owns a few 5.0's ( Poor *******) ,but thats what they want. I'm not knocking them at all. Please remember , if your cars combo is right , it's right ! There are plenty of LS1 H/C/Stall/Gear guys out here running mid-11's to high-10's that are street/strip and are driven daily and I'm sure there are plenty of Supercharged Mustangs out there that do the same.

It just so happen ,that this SC Mustang lost to a Natural Aspirated LS1 BEAST that night !! Once again ,just enjoy the story and stop trying to find fault in it. It's not like I said I beat a ZR1 !! LOL now that would be bullshit !!...LOL
So they own old 5.0's or new ones? Cause you said it could have been a 2000. Which well wasn't a 5.0. And then with a SC with a SC I could see you beating a 2010 prior even with a SC. Just not a 2011+ with a sc. Specially yanking it.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
A noisy power steering pump in a brand new Mustang? Ford really needs to stop outsourcing all their parts to China. Good thing the transmissions aren't built there!
where i work we make part's for ford,gm and used to make some for Chrysler/dodge and we are losing one of are highest volume GM part's to Korea in less than 2 years . And to the op i am not saying it didn't happen i was just making a joke.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
So they own old 5.0's or new ones? Cause you said it could have been a 2000. Which well wasn't a 5.0. And then with a SC with a SC I could see you beating a 2010 prior even with a SC. Just not a 2011+ with a sc. Specially yanking it.
Ok it seems like really offended you ,Ohioborn80. Once again I'm sorry if I did ,but the guy lost. I said it was a 2000+ Mustang 5.0 GT. Meaning ,it could have been an 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11 year mustang with a supercharger. I know it wasn't a 1987or 93 notchback or gt 5.0 . I'm not a mustang fan ,so I do not have an eye for mustangs . I just know they have pretty fronts ends that I see in my rear view mirror. .

As for my family, my cousins owns a 1988 5.0 notchback with a supercharger and runs 11.6's all day , another owns a 1993 GT with a 347 in it. He don't race it cause he is like alot of guys I've seen lately..You know the type, got every mod in the world and take the car to the dyno, put down 450 plus rwhp or 500 plus rwhp ,but " NEVER GO TO THE TRACK" !! Cause they are scared that it won't run like it should . They are want I call "bitch racers"...oooopps I'm sorry.."bench racers". I hate *****'fukas like that !!

That night on I-895 , we were both at a dead stop at the tolls. Advantage..me ! If we were rolling along ....advantage- mustang ,but it didn't happen that way. We were stopped and he lost. I know I don't know alot about mustangs but it seems like you don't know alot about LS1's either.

Let it go ,man....just let it go. I'm sure there are stories on mustang forums where they have killed every f-body on street everyday. I'm not on that forum crying on every story posted about killin' an LS1 .

So please Ohioborn80 ..don't take this personal.....just take it ! It was just a good ol' street race and I happen to come out on top. It was all in fun. Street racing can be cold-blooded, man. A hand waving bye-bye or a middle finger raised up at you while they pull away or even hazard lights get turned on once someone has bust your *** open on the street. It's all in fun and it will never change.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Teching In

Video, or it didn't happen! It was just some wife-induced hallucination while she was rambling on about the **** poor movie. Wawa,wawawa,wawa,wawaa, makes me want some coffee!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread delivers!

For the record, even I didn't know squat about what year mustang's looked like what until recently. Hell, it wasn't until I got a decent run with a 2008 GT and talked to the guy who swore it was bone stock (he lost but it wasn't a slaughter, I was catback/cai/tune only at the time). So I researched it.

Far as 5.0 goes: since ?1995? Ford hasn't made a 5.0 OP: they were 4.6L engines in the GT Mustang after that point up until 2011 when the 5.0 came back with a LSX matching/beating new five oh.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:37 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TRMach1
Video, or it didn't happen! It was just some wife-induced hallucination while she was rambling on about the **** poor movie. Wawa,wawawa,wawa,wawaa, makes me want some coffee!
So what are you trying to say TRMach1 ?? That every street kill story needs to have a video in order for you to believe it ?? ...How old are you ?

I see you put out over 600 plus hp...what does your car run in the 1/4 mile ? I'm just asking.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I have outrun many 400-550RWHP Termis on low speed rolls with a much slower car(I was SI) than the OPs. A stalled Ls1 on a low speed roll with traction can be tough to beat on the street. Might have been a blown new 5.0-regardless good kill!!

Damn I have been a Mustang owner since 1992 and I didn't make it in the picture
Old 06-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Teching In

So what are you trying to say TRMach1 ?? That every street kill story needs to have a video in order for you to believe it ?? ...How old are you ?
Actually, it was just meant to be sarcastic, but since you got all pissy about it, yeah, show me some proof it happened, then I'll say nice kill, otherwise, your just another guy claiming you're king of the street. I have a video camera permanantly mounted in my car just for this reason. Funny thing is, ever since I put it in, nobody wants to have any fun, go figure! As for my age, let's just say I'm considerably older than you.

I see you put out over 600 plus hp...what does your car run in the 1/4 mile ? I'm just asking.
Again, let's just say it's faster than you, and fast enough that I was told to stay off the track unless I installed a roll cage, which probably isn't going to happen.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Can't we all just get along?
Old 06-27-2011, 11:03 AM

Actually, it was just meant to be sarcastic, but since you got all pissy about it, yeah, show me some proof it happened, then I'll say nice kill, otherwise, your just another guy claiming you're king of the street. I have a video camera permanantly mounted in my car just for this reason. Funny thing is, ever since I put it in, nobody wants to have any fun, go figure! As for my age, let's just say I'm considerably older than you.

Again, let's just say it's faster than you, and fast enough that I was told to stay off the track unless I installed a roll cage, which probably isn't going to happen.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Ease up fellas. It's just the internet.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

Actually, it was just meant to be sarcastic, but since you got all pissy about it . As for my age, let's just say I'm considerably older than you.

LOL.. I'm not pissy about it ,man. I just asked you a few questions. As for the your car being faster than mine, I'm happy for you. I never called myself king of the streets ,man. I'm in my 40's and I don't street race alot. I take my car to the track and post my times .

It's not like I have a supercharger and nitrous and every bolt known to man-kind on my car at the same time. Hell if did have those mods, I think I should be running some low-9's high 8's et's ... .And as usual ,most people with mods like that never post times....LOL.. Oh well , enough of that.

Mods are great ,but it doesn't matter what you put on a car ,if the rest of the car isn't set up right , you are just wasting your time. Street or strip. It's all good.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Way to cop out bud.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
A heads/cam/stall/gears LS1 Fbody is no slouch fellas. Irregardless, I've yet to hear even a whisper of a supercharger like whistle on any of the 5.0's I've driven or watched race with all kinds of various CAI's.

It's the streets, who knows if they guy was even fully on it? Could have just had it put on and was told not to go WOT or not to go past 6k rpms or who knows what.
Irregardless isn't grammatically correct
Old 06-27-2011, 12:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Ok it seems like really offended you ,Ohioborn80. Once again I'm sorry if I did ,but the guy lost. I said it was a 2000+ Mustang 5.0 GT. Meaning ,it could have been an 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11 year mustang with a supercharger. I know it wasn't a 1987or 93 notchback or gt 5.0 . I'm not a mustang fan ,so I do not have an eye for mustangs . I just know they have pretty fronts ends that I see in my rear view mirror. .
See here is the issue in bold. As mentioned before above the 5.0 was not in anything since 95 and then again till 2011. So beating a 4.6 with a SC is a lot more believeable. I beat SC 06's with my bolt on G8.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe it was a 2V 4.6 stroked to 5.0. When I used to frequent mustang forums (I had an 02 GT), those with the strokers would add 5.0 badges. That's what makes sense to me, the 5.0 badge, the blower, the win, etc.

No matter what it was, it was on the street and GK OP
Old 06-27-2011, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Demon 383
Ease up fellas. It's just the internet.
Spew your lies somewhere else

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1
Maybe it was a 2V 4.6 stroked to 5.0. When I used to frequent mustang forums (I had an 02 GT), those with the strokers would add 5.0 badges. That's what makes sense to me, the 5.0 badge, the blower, the win, etc.
That's a very good possibility.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Way to cop out bud.
You must be a Teapublican. You want to see my birth certificate and some time slips? Oh wait, I don't have a roll cage, therefore I can't run down the track, therefore I can't get a timeslip, pretty simple. On the one and only run I was able to make, it ran a 10.27 @132ish, then I was told to leave.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
A Mustang thread??? Don't worry! The cheerleaders will protect the Mustang's good name!

Crap...I was hoping for some money shots..Oh well
Old 06-27-2011, 04:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

You must be a Teapublican. You want to see my birth certificate and some time slips? Oh wait, I don't have a roll cage, therefore I can't run down the track, therefore I can't get a timeslip, pretty simple. On the one and only run I was able to make, it ran a 10.27 @132ish, then I was told to leave.
Yes I am...but worse, I like no politicians. I'm assumeing your a democrat the way you danced around that question and still have no proof
Good time I guess.....but kinda slow for that much power.