Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My H/C Ls1 vs 415 hp boosted Honda CRX

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011 | 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

Smile

I really don't care if they brake boost..I just make sure im in the right gear with the rpm's around 3000-4500..3rd gear is where i like to start from,because i can hold that gear alot longer than alot of imports can and when they shift its all over for them.
Old 06-29-2011 | 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Brake boosting is how you drive the car not something you prep the car for before hand. Its like telling someone to start in the wrong gear or just punching it without honking it off because you know they'll be faster then you if they are ready. Or telling a road racer he cant heel toe because each foot should only control one pedal.

Ridiculous
What's rediculous is cruising down the road looking for a good spot to run, with no cars merging and other cars far enough ahead that you don't have to pull some dangerous ricer/teenage bullshit and when that finally happens and you know it's only for a very VERY short time before the cars behind you pass you and get in the way, or a onramp comes up that you know cars will be using... Then the damned Honda you're trying to race is attempting to get his 76mm friggin turbo to actually spool and keeps slowing down/lurching forward as he hunts for psi...... half the damned time he takes too long and you gotta call it off, or when you do it at midnight on the Hwy 2 trestle and by the time he starts honking you are halfway across the damned trestle and you can only get a 40-110mph run in when the plan all along was to run the whole thing (1.25 miles long before it turns). SO you turn around and go back the other way and give him the hit so his turbo can spool up, but he hits boost like a friggin 2 stroke Honda CR-80 and blows his tires off, loosing his boost and you flat out walk away from him. Then you gotta hear all the BS excuses about "If we launched with me in boost I woulda killed you" etc. etc.

Phew, just typed all that out without stopping to breathe. lol But you get the point.
Old 06-29-2011 | 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
What's rediculous is cruising down the road looking for a good spot to run, with no cars merging and other cars far enough ahead that you don't have to pull some dangerous ricer/teenage bullshit and when that finally happens and you know it's only for a very VERY short time before the cars behind you pass you and get in the way, or a onramp comes up that you know cars will be using... Then the damned Honda you're trying to race is attempting to get his 76mm friggin turbo to actually spool and keeps slowing down/lurching forward as he hunts for psi...... half the damned time he takes too long and you gotta call it off, or when you do it at midnight on the Hwy 2 trestle and by the time he starts honking you are halfway across the damned trestle and you can only get a 40-110mph run in when the plan all along was to run the whole thing (1.25 miles long before it turns). SO you turn around and go back the other way and give him the hit so his turbo can spool up, but he hits boost like a friggin 2 stroke Honda CR-80 and blows his tires off, loosing his boost and you flat out walk away from him. Then you gotta hear all the BS excuses about "If we launched with me in boost I woulda killed you" etc. etc.

Phew, just typed all that out without stopping to breathe. lol But you get the point.
I know exactly what you are saying..
Old 06-29-2011 | 07:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Then I would spray you HAHAHAHAHAHA!

And you're boosted So I don't know what you are talking about. I would brake boost anyway.
"Hey, no brake boosting! You gotta suffer for turboing a 4 cylinder!"
"Damn, alright man, I sweat I won't.
-----brake boosts-----
"WTF man?!?! I said no brake boosting. You cheated!"
Old 06-29-2011 | 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

There wouldn't be any point to racing him without him brake boosting.
Old 06-29-2011 | 08:44 PM
Teching In

u mad?
Old 06-29-2011 | 08:45 PM
Teching In

Everyone you've raced is an idiot. Watch any of my videos and tell me if Im taking to long. A 60 roll is a 60 roll. If im not where I want to be boost pressure wise before the honks thats too bad, I dont cry about it.

And even though I blow my tires off it the car still pulls lol
Old 06-29-2011 | 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
u mad?

My last 2 races before my valvespring broke (leading to the 402 build that will be done next week) were like what I wrote above. Have had to listen to the SRT4 and Supra guy talking smack about how they woulda smoked me---- actually, since my car is down it suddenly morphed from me winning to them somehow winning because we 'all know there car is hella faster then mine'.

It always becomes an argument when I hear them tell someone the story, which they portray as I learned some kinda lesson on how fast there cars were or something? Yet they lost??? Guess I missed that class as all I saw between them was turbo lag and crappy driving.... and headlights in my mirrors.
Old 06-30-2011 | 02:33 AM
TECH Addict

there is nothing wrong with brake boosting..it usually makes it closer..
Old 06-30-2011 | 03:07 AM
10 Second Club

RUN WHAT THE HELL YOU BRUNG, IMMEDIATELY, AND SAVE THE EXCUSES!!

I"m starting to like you more and more
Old 06-30-2011 | 04:47 AM
***Repost Police***

Except that it doesn't make any sense when it comes to brake boosting...
Old 06-30-2011 | 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by WSsick
"Hey, no brake boosting! You gotta suffer for turboing a 4 cylinder!"
"Damn, alright man, I sweat I won't.
-----brake boosts-----
"WTF man?!?! I said no brake boosting. You cheated!"
*swear

I think I'll carry around a throttle stop and only race people who promise to use no more than 75% throttle.

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 06-30-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-30-2011 | 03:25 PM
Teching In

My last 2 races before my valvespring broke (leading to the 402 build that will be done next week) were like what I wrote above. Have had to listen to the SRT4 and Supra guy talking smack about how they woulda smoked me---- actually, since my car is down it suddenly morphed from me winning to them somehow winning because we 'all know there car is hella faster then mine'.

It always becomes an argument when I hear them tell someone the story, which they portray as I learned some kinda lesson on how fast there cars were or something? Yet they lost??? Guess I missed that class as all I saw between them was turbo lag and crappy driving.... and headlights in my mirrors.
I never had a problem brake boosting in a quick manner. Usually it was the opposite of your above story. I would be brake boosting immediately, and the V8's I would race would take too long to setup and I would have to let off. I have always been hard on my cars. WOT shifting all of the time, brake boosting, etc. I would do everything I could as a driver to give myself the best chance. That way there was no excuses other than me just having a slower car.

I rode with my friend to Zmax yesterday in his SRT-4 (well he ran his SRT-4, we pulled it with my Trailblazer). Some douche in a C5 Z06 made a comment about a Chevy towing a Dodge and how he's ran many of the Neons and he's never met one that could beat him, blah blah blah. I really didn't think these types of douches existed except on the internet. Anyways, the dude couldn't get out of the low 12's all day trapping over 120mph, whereas the SRT-4 clicked off high 10's on every pass.
Old 07-13-2011 | 12:18 AM
11 Second Club

this is too damn funny...i say if you cant run your car to its potential you snooze you lose sucka better luck next time,just make sure you wager some money.

Quick Reply: My H/C Ls1 vs 415 hp boosted Honda CRX