Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SS vs 2011 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by CNYBSF
i trash talked spending $30k to get beat by a setup that could be achieved for less than a third of what they paid.. so yea i will trash talk someone with a new camaro too. am i supposed to not say anything bad about GM cars here?
Guarantee you I can build a Honda to roll your *** hard for less than you have in your car, maybe you should switch over to a Honda. You'd fit right in.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
$30k is nothing nowadays, hell look at a new SS. Any performance car is lot more then 10 years ago. I guarantee you a bolt on Fbody would handle many bone stock SS. So are you still gonna talk trash about people who spent $30k on a new camaro?
Very true. My buddy has an F-body (can't remember the year) but its a Z28 Camaro with Kooks LT's, LS6 Intake, lid/filter/Magnaflow exhaust/no cats/tune/M6 and he went out to test drive a new SS and he said the new SS is a dog compared to his bolt on Fbody
Old 07-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I should give a good run to any stock C6Z in my cam only notch......so does that allow me to talk down to someone who spent 5 times as much money as I did on a C6Z? By your logic yes I should. Take your lid only t/a to another section and start doing some mods before you can talk **** about how slow anyones car is.
LOL i have had my car for about a month so i apologize for only having a lid so far, i will try to do better father mod.
as far as building a honda for less i agree.. but you couldnt do it for 1/3rd of what i have into mine. and perhaps i should go buy a honda after seeing how you guys act. how many of you own the $30k cars you're defending? none? is that because you cant afford it or dont want to pay more for what you can already beat?

FS: 99 TA - LID ONLY POS, trade for 1994 stock honda civic
Old 07-01-2011, 02:06 PM
***Repost Police***

after seeing the tech-specs of a new 5.0 i have been dreading the day one pulls up and wants a piece. if you beat one with bolt ons i guess there's not much to be scared of.. i would be pretty mad if i just paid $30k for a brand new stang and got handled by a bolton fbody
Ricer.
ha, well if i'm shopping for a performance car i am looking for speed obviously.. why spend $30k on something that an older model for 1/3rd cost could beat? sure a new car smell and ride is nice but how many people really buy a performance car for that? if that is ricer math then so be it
Still acting like a ricer.
Originally Posted by sw07gt
Guarantee you I can build a Honda to roll your *** hard for less than you have in your car, maybe you should switch over to a Honda. You'd fit right in.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

LOL i have had my car for about a month so i apologize for only having a lid so far, i will try to do better father mod.
as far as building a honda for less i agree.. but you couldnt do it for 1/3rd of what i have into mine. and perhaps i should go buy a honda after seeing how you guys act. how many of you own the $30k cars you're defending? none? is that because you cant afford it or dont want to pay more for what you can already beat?

FS: 99 TA - LID ONLY POS, trade for 1994 stock honda civic
I'll race your car anyday of the week.

I have had 30k+ cars over and over. I buy new for several reasons. Mainly cause I don't want to buy a used car that some one beat the **** out of that i don't know what has really went wrong. What has really been done to it with out tearing half the car apart.

Also I primise I can build a honda fatser then your car for least 1/2 what you have in it. Buddy just spent about 8k on one that he has running low 11s. That was price of can and everyting. Its all about who you know and them things are cheap as ****.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Because its a new car,has a warranty, and is not a old beat up rattletrap thats why. You are using ricer logic. Doesn't matter-a stock 5.0 with a decent driver broke in will pull away from your car easy
That depends how the Ford dealership is feeling that day
Old 07-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by ohioborn80

I have had 30k+ cars over and over. I buy new for several reasons. Mainly cause I don't want to buy a used car that some one beat the **** out of that i don't know what has really went wrong. What has really been done to it with out tearing half the car apart.

Also I primise I can build a honda fatser then your car for least 1/2 what you have in it. Buddy just spent about 8k on one that he has running low 11s. That was price of can and everyting. Its all about who you know and them things are cheap as ****.
Sad thing is it's still a honda lol. I dd my 95 honda accord to work and to get the grocerys usually. Would I try to make it fast to race? No. If I won the lottery woould I build the motor and turbo it? Yep. Just to **** with people with fast cars and beat them in a honda. unless I had a **** ton of money I would never try to make on fast or race it
Old 07-01-2011, 04:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by z99ls1
Sad thing is it's still a honda lol. I dd my 95 honda accord to work and to get the grocerys usually. Would I try to make it fast to race? No. If I won the lottery woould I build the motor and turbo it? Yep. Just to **** with people with fast cars and beat them in a honda. unless I had a **** ton of money I would never try to make on fast or race it
I say the same. But some them look at it the same with us GM/Ford guys. Its just a big v8 camaro/mustang it suppose to do that. Kinda like the ricer math above. LOL
Old 07-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Restricted User

I say the same. But some them look at it the same with us GM/Ford guys. Its just a big v8 camaro/mustang it suppose to do that. Kinda like the ricer math above. LOL
Yea, but Camaro/Mustang was mad to be a fast sports car.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Teching In

i have less than 8k into mine so your example doesnt work out.. and do not promise something you do not intend on delivering on. stop threatening to do a honda build and do it! and if your buddies $8k build is a result of "knowing people" he may want to meet some new people

opinions are like ********, everyone has one.. and my opinion is screw buying a new car. i find it humorous that instead of disagreeing and displaying your own opinion you quickly try to move to insults and accuse me of using "ricer math." if peoples opinions bother you that much i dont think automotive forums are the place for you.

as far as me racing your car.. sure! i am not opposed to that. let me just get a comparable amount of mods because obviously my "LID ONLY POS" would not hold up.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Restricted User

i have less than 8k into mine so your example doesnt work out.. and do not promise something you do not intend on delivering on. stop threatening to do a honda build and do it! and if your buddies $8k build is a result of "knowing people" he may want to meet some new people

opinions are like ********, everyone has one.. and my opinion is screw buying a new car. i find it humorous that instead of disagreeing and displaying your own opinion you quickly try to move to insults and accuse me of using "ricer math." if peoples opinions bother you that much i dont think automotive forums are the place for you.

as far as me racing your car.. sure! i am not opposed to that. let me just get a comparable amount of mods because obviously my "LID ONLY POS" would not hold up.
You will need comparable mods + a cuple. Your a mid 13 second car. He stock is a high 12 low 13 sec car.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:14 PM
10 Second Club

It does you don't run low 11s.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Teching In

It does you don't run low 11s.
i also dont have near 8k into my car.. so no, it doesnt
Old 07-01-2011, 07:42 PM
10 Second Club

You will need comparable mods + a cuple. Your a mid 13 second car. He stock is a high 12 low 13 sec car.
I ran 12.4 with tires only.(better driver went 12.1 same night) Then ran 11.8 with cold air, tune, gears. (gears didn't do **** since I switched tire size)

He will need a c/h/i I promise.
i also dont have near 8k into my car.. so no, it doesnt
That was his what he has total in his car. Including buying his car. So you got your car free? Mommy daddy, GF bought it for you?
Old 07-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Restricted User

I ran 12.4 with tires only.(better driver went 12.1 same night) Then ran 11.8 with cold air, tune, gears. (gears didn't do **** since I switched tire size)

He will need a c/h/i I promise.

That was his what he has total in his car. Including buying his car. So you got your car free? Mommy daddy, GF bought it for you?
No ******* way you ran 12.1 with just tires. You got a video of this amazing time with just tires right? Wur you running -2000 d/a?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:05 PM
10 Second Club

No ******* way you ran 12.1 with just tires. You got a video of this amazing time with just tires right? Wur you running -2000 d/a?
The DA was about 200. And yes that was all that was done.. Here is Video..It has been posted here before. We was happy and talking mad **** at end video to the camaro ss with headers and everything that ran high 12's.

As mentioned I ran 12.4 my buddy ran 12.1. I ran a best of 12.2 the same night. My first time with a manual at teh track in about 6 yrs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVexXKJvQ_E
Attached Thumbnails SS vs 2011 5.0-imagejpeg_2.jpg  

Last edited by ohioborn80; 07-01-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Restricted User

Your track goes down hill and it must have been - d/a. You probably had a mail order tune also.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can't really bust on people that will spend 30 or more on a new car,listen the f bodys have a lot of performance and yes can be made into one bad *** car for way less then the cost of say a new camaro or stang,but you can't really hate on anyone for getting what they want.it would kinda suck if everyone had cheap *** f bodys lol,people build what they want ,and no one should ever hate or put down someone for doing there own thing.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:31 PM
10 Second Club

Your track goes down hill and it must have been - d/a. You probably had a mail order tune also.
No tune no nothing. The track that ran at is known as the worse track in TX. The car had about 300 miles on it. It was our base runs with it. A friends car bested 12.5 the week before. Only thing different between our cars was he had factory 3.31's I had factory 3.73's. Besides that I am a base model, he had a fully loaded 5.0. He got rid his for a 2011 GT500. I had full slick he had DR's.

Oh also the guy that drove weighs about 150lbs. I am 215lbs. So i am sure that helped some also.

On modularfords, and few others a guy ran 12.2 bone stock with a manaul on stock tires and all. Another went 12.3 with a auto. They was in about -500 DA.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Restricted User

Well im all out of excuses