Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SS vs 2011 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 09:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by z99ls1
I guess that's true lol. Don't forget to clean out the wheel wels when taking it in to your dealer lol
It be hard then with every thing I have on the car. I will suck it up pay out own pocket. We all know the saying. Have to pay to play!
Old 07-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
It be hard then with every thing I have on the car. I will suck it up pay out own pocket. We all know the saying. Have to pay to play!
I HATE that saying lol. My friend says it all the time but with the right car you can have a quick reliable car that won't break all the time if it's built right and you don't throw to much power to it. My car is a decent example. I got lucky though. I bought my car for $6800. Only thing wrong with it was scratch on the hood and the front bumper had a few scratches that are noticable. I bought it with 29k from a rich kid that said "I had a fast car now I want a jacked up truck" and sold me the car wayyy to cheap because he knew his daddy was just gonna buy him a new truck when he sold it. I will be throwing a 228r cam kit in it this summer and I think my car will be a reliable high 11 sec car for a long time. So alot more play than pay imo
Old 07-02-2011, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z99ls1
I HATE that saying lol. My friend says it all the time but with the right car you can have a quick reliable car that won't break all the time if it's built right and you don't throw to much power to it. My car is a decent example. I got lucky though. I bought my car for $6800. Only thing wrong with it was scratch on the hood and the front bumper had a few scratches that are noticable. I bought it with 29k from a rich kid that said "I had a fast car now I want a jacked up truck" and sold me the car wayyy to cheap because he knew his daddy was just gonna buy him a new truck when he sold it. I will be throwing a 228r cam kit in it this summer and I think my car will be a reliable high 11 sec car for a long time. So alot more play than pay imo
Agreed,I got around $7000 "car included" tied up in my 98 z28.Bought it fairly stock for $4500 threw the rest at basic bolt on parts.Car runs low 12's on 245/50/16 federals.Its been 15000 "imo." hard miles without an issue so far.The motors untouched inside oil pressure sits consistant at 40psi idle and 60-70psi wot.The best part is it knocks down 20-22mpg's my driving on average.Deffinately a great compromise for a budget hotrod."The best IMO"