Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My whippled 2011 vs. Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
Love roll races, you really see powerband vs. digs where it all depends on the holeshot.
Same here. Some people are all about one or the other (usually people who feel they will lose one or the other). I like seeing how two cars line up all around, dig runs and rolls from different speeds.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:28 PM
12 Second Club

See you just gotta have a car for the highway and a 1/4mile car like I do lol beat em anyway they wanna race!!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm lucky I can afford one car let alone two (other than the wife's car). I really haven't had any mod money for a long time either. It's sad I'm a certified tool & die maker with 30 years experience making less than $50K a year. And to think there wouldn't be cars without a toolmaker to build the dies to stamp out the parts.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bad *** car man. lol everyone passed that mustang
Old 07-19-2011, 07:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin718
It's all about the tune, I know my motor will last some time with the way it's setup and the car given to it.
But it won't be stock bottom for long
lots of FI LS3 cars thought the same... then they blew after a little run. they are in fact blowing left and right when FI. its a mystery what is causing it.

some LS3's have blown because of the comp cams indexing pin is too long, causing the cam to spin on the pulley.

nothing bullet proof about them.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:35 AM
9 Second Club

Strong Camaro. Good kills. Be safe and have fun out there.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SHovV
bad *** car man. lol everyone passed that mustang
Looks like he missed a gear, both were neck and neck then the camaro pulled like a freight train and everyone else passed the cobra which looks to me like he fucked up a shift and if thats the case it's pretty shitty if the guy took the $500 for that race and didnt give him a straight up race where they both had a clean run jmo
Old 07-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Looks like he missed a gear, both were neck and neck then the camaro pulled like a freight train and everyone else passed the cobra which looks to me like he fucked up a shift and if thats the case it's pretty shitty if the guy took the $500 for that race and didnt give him a straight up race where they both had a clean run jmo
Probably because the guy just gave him the money so he didnt get his soul ripped out a second time.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
So when john force has a mechanical/driver error in the final round think the other lane says "hey man, I seen you had a little problem wanna try again??"
I don't think so! A race is a race, if I would have fucked up and missed a gear they woulda took my money and ran! But hey guess what, I did give him another race and like the previous comment I f#cked his eyes out! The first race I gave him EVERYTHING he wanted, at that mph I was only at 2,400rpms that the ONLY reason we were even close for a second. The second race I left in first and put at least 8 cars on him before shifting to 3rd
Old 07-27-2011, 06:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good kill. BTW, you can't have a murdered out car if the car isn't black.