Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Street Racing Crackdown

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 02:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Street Racing Crackdown

March 1, 2004 -- Suffolk County cops put the brakes on illegal street-racing operations this weekend, cracking down on two drag strips and issuing over 100 summonses for various violations.

The racers were busted Saturday at 1:45 a.m., when cops swept down upon a large group at Industry Court in Deer Park, L.I., cops said.

Police broke up the mob of 100 people, ages 16 to 25, and sent 70 cars on their way.

The following day, at 2:30 a.m., police descended on an even larger gathering of racers at New Horizons Boulevard in Lindenhurst, L.I.

There, they found 300 people and about 125 cars that were engaging in illegal racing, cops said.

Officers gave out 50 summons for illegal speed contest, a misdemeanor, and 20 summonses for other violations.

Cops also busted a 23-year-old Lindenhurst man at yesterday's race. Kamil Piersa was arrested for driving while his ability was impaired by drugs, and his car, a 2002 Toyota, was impounded, cops said.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I remember they cracked down on a bunch of ricers in yaphank a few months ago. SCPD is getting pretty nasty, but hey, I guess these guys are kinda asking for trouble in these kinds of groups.

-Tony
Old 03-01-2004, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL. What newspaper is this from? I've never heard so many references to "cops" in a newspaper article before.

Josh
Old 03-01-2004, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default A possible way to get ride of ricers

Maybe if we said we were going to have the biggest rice racing convention somewhere and then they all came and said "Imports Rule the world of domestics" or somthing in that regard they would all show up then someone could inform the cops and they would crash the party and all the ricers would get there cars impounded and or theyd crash into somthing trying to escape So for awhile we'd have peace from the farting sounds that ruin our communities... could work, never know.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:27 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by TransAmMan
Maybe if we said we were going to have the biggest rice racing convention somewhere and then they all came and said "Imports Rule the world of domestics" or somthing in that regard they would all show up then someone could inform the cops and they would crash the party and all the ricers would get there cars impounded and or theyd crash into somthing trying to escape So for awhile we'd have peace from the farting sounds that ruin our communities... could work, never know.
Are you sure you go to school? That's one hell of a run-on.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

^^lol^^ But its a very good idea
Old 03-01-2004, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Lol

The worst thing about my english skillz is that my father is a english professor. Oh and yes I do go to school and english is definatly not one of my specialties. But seriously think about it, we attract 300 to 400 ricers out of a community with a title that says they can own domestics... we could get rid of them 200 at a time by letting the cops in on all the "illegal" activity
Old 03-01-2004, 05:13 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by TransAmMan
The worst thing about my english skillz is that my father is a english professor.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If there was a big sign that said imports can own domestics, only the imports that actually CAN own domestics would come, therefore defeating the purpose of getting rid of them because no one would show up. BTW, I used to live in sayville long island. I didn't know there was a big street racing scene in suffolk county. I've thought about taking a little trip and checking things out up there sometime, I have family that lives there, so that wouldn't be a problem. Maybe some of the long islanders on here can chime in, do you live near sayville or know anyone from sayville?
Old 03-01-2004, 09:59 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by Killervette99
If there was a big sign that said imports can own domestics, only the imports that actually CAN own domestics would come, therefore defeating the purpose of getting rid of them because no one would show up.
You don't think all the little **** that CAN'T own a domestic wouldn't show to see this supposed "owning" happen???? That would be their damn million man march!!!
Old 03-01-2004, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, well thats a different story! If all the people who couldn't own domestics came to watch, we could probably rid the country of about 95% of those sh** talkers who will be able to smoke your domestic if you give them 2 months. Then you never see them again.