Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2004 pbm gto vs sti

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by massconfusion
Or just have a heads and cam lsx vehicle and be way cooler..... Sorry had to do it
See if i didnt have a hosue and a wife and puppies who eat ibeprophen... I would be ordering trick flows and a ported manifold this year. As is my car budget for mods is basically gone and actually getting into the red...

But I figure year one = brake upgrade-wheels and tires-headers-cam.... NOT A BAD YEAR...
Old 07-22-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie
See you can build any car you want with money. The car is just a measure of your bank account. Yoru driving is what matters. Seen people in two of the exact same car, one modded and one near stock and the modded one loses. Its not how much you can spend on your car, its how much do you get out of the car you can afford.
It's all on the individual in the end. I've seen it both ways, especially with street races. You get the guys who use the , I missed a gear, I didn't get to break boost, I started late, etc excuses. You also get the guys who complain that they aren't on race gas, or the tune isn't right, or the clutch is f'd up, or they don't have the right gearing, etc.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:54 PM

I dont make excuses. I run when I can and I lose or win due to a lot of things. But I dotn make excuses. I lost to a toyota cressida(did have a single turbo 2JZ in it) and it was what it was. But I also raced his friend in a 2jz swapped 300zx who came on here making excuses about gear and yada yada. IMO you lost period... next time dont assume you can pull me in 3rd and lose because of it.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:03 PM

If I won a race due to driver error, or some sort of mechanical issue (a legit issue, not because the guy installed the wrong gear ratio) then I'd want to know, rather than going around thinking my car is faster than it really is.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

See if i didnt have a hosue and a wife and puppies who eat ibeprophen... I would be ordering trick flows and a ported manifold this year. As is my car budget for mods is basically gone and actually getting into the red...

But I figure year one = brake upgrade-wheels and tires-headers-cam.... NOT A BAD YEAR...
Hey man I feel you on the cash issue, moneys tight with everyone. The only reason I was able to do a full cam swap and full exhaust is because I got some good deals on parts from cool people on this forum, I did all those mods plus the odds and ends for 700 total. Just another reason I love lsx motors. I also agree with the wanting to know if you won a race because the guy has a slipping clutch or in my case destroying 3rd gear or because I have a legitimately faster car.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:59 PM

I dissagree...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BOcG...eature=related

Winning is winning. Then later knowing there was a reason is a good idea. But it doesnt make the win any less of a win.

There is a difference between a reason for something and an excuse. Making an excuse cause you missed a gear doesnt mean you won. It means you need to up your game and use your car properly. Making the excuse your clutch is slipping, why are you running if your at a disadvantage...? And if you knew and still ran then you took ownus of the issue and you still lost and its NOT an excuse even more so. Maybe a reason but NOT an excuse.

There is a reason for EVERYTHING that happens in this world. Using one of those reasons as an excuse is just lying to yourself.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

I dont make excuses. I run when I can and I lose or win due to a lot of things. But I dotn make excuses. I lost to a toyota cressida(did have a single turbo 2JZ in it) and it was what it was. But I also raced his friend in a 2jz swapped 300zx who came on here making excuses about gear and yada yada. IMO you lost period... next time dont assume you can pull me in 3rd and lose because of it.
Hey speaking of supras I ran into 1 lastnight..
Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
If I won a race due to driver error, or some sort of mechanical issue (a legit issue, not because the guy installed the wrong gear ratio) then I'd want to know, rather than going around thinking my car is faster than it really is.
WERD..!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:11 PM

SHuold see the set of supras that show up to the OC cruisin weekend up here.
THis is from LAST year... but the camo supra FTW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwS9g_1dDuc
Old 07-22-2011, 03:12 PM

BTW start at about 3:50 mark

Quick Reply: 2004 pbm gto vs sti