Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Corvette Z06 vs LSX Miata vs Mustang Cobra **VIDEO**

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jgarza54
sounds slow, my bad 3.5 sec 0-60 is slow... lol jk
That must be on motor. should do better than 3.5 on spray.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by turbovic
That must be on motor. should do better than 3.5 on spray.
Yes sir thats on motor...
Old 07-27-2011, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1SIKZ31
Yes sir thats on motor...
we're just messing with you man.. lol
Old 07-27-2011, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

Miata's with strong V8 engines just make me smile. Cool look around the 1:50 mark, with the Miata's front brakes lighting up... A little heat? heh And what's with 2500 lb? I figured the thing started around there and would simply have to gain weight with any V8, plus transmission and rear end installed. Is it really gutted or something?

I was a bit surprised to see the advertised hp gain of the Corvette on juice, 165rwhp gain from a 125 shot... impressive, to say the least.

Which car raced the Cobra, the Miata or the 'vette doing the video? Looked like the Corvette and I was expecting(though without reason in mind- I mean, why bother after the thrashing the 1st ZO6 got?) the Miata.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Miata's with strong V8 engines just make me smile. Cool look around the 1:50 mark, with the Miata's front brakes lighting up... A little heat? heh And what's with 2500 lb? I figured the thing started around there and would simply have to gain weight with any V8, plus transmission and rear end installed. Is it really gutted or something?

I was a bit surprised to see the advertised hp gain of the Corvette on juice, 165rwhp gain from a 125 shot... impressive, to say the least.

Which car raced the Cobra, the Miata or the 'vette doing the video? Looked like the Corvette and I was expecting(though without reason in mind- I mean, why bother after the thrashing the 1st ZO6 got?) the Miata.
Yep the nano helps out a lot more than some think. A 125 shot is usually 150+ when using Nano. The Miata had a Nano kit as well. If my nitrous was working the race still would have been the same, more than likely it still would have been a win for the Maita. The weight of that car is nuts or should I say lack of weight.

And I raced the Cobra at the end, that's why I stated I (C5Z06) was the Camera car at the beginning of the video.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet rides.

I enjoyed watching the Miata shoot off like a rocket.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:12 AM
9 Second Club

Great video, that Miata moves out!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun

I read somewhere that after all the parts are installed for a LS1 Miata they gain like 200-400 lbs from everything? That's still really not that much if you think about it. 1SIKZ31 did you happen to weigh your car before & after the installment?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cojone...that miata is nasty!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by OneBadZ0Sick
Yep the nano helps out a lot more than some think. A 125 shot is usually 150+ when using Nano. The Miata had a Nano kit as well. If my nitrous was working the race still would have been the same, more than likely it still would have been a win for the Maita. The weight of that car is nuts or should I say lack of weight.

And I raced the Cobra at the end, that's why I stated I (C5Z06) was the Camera car at the beginning of the video.
Thanks for clearing that up... I was like, THAT'S not the Miata!

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
I read somewhere that after all the parts are installed for a LS1 Miata they gain like 200-400 lbs from everything? That's still really not that much if you think about it. 1SIKZ31 did you happen to weigh your car before & after the installment?
I'd really like to know. Thinking it started around 2500 must be wrong. I'm guessing it must begin around 2350ish... Sheesh, that's light!

Even so, the lightweight LS is heavier than the 4 popper it replaced, and the trans must weigh more as well... then there's the rear end, surely a bunch heavier than stock, and any brake mods would add more for most(if street stuff is used), plus larger wheels/tires. I just can't see how, w/o really finding somewhere to cut, this thing could possibly weigh only 2500 w/o a driver. Seems using the LS1 could also improve fuel economy! As if you could keep your foot outta the throttle in such a car.