Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

04 GTO A4 vs civic/2v gt

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 11:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2v-in-12's
A bolt on 2v is a low 13 sec @ 103-106. They are not as slow as some of you guys make them out to be. Turds compared to the LSwhatever but inexpensive to buy and cheap to mod. I think they are great cars to build as a first time project.

Naaaaaaaa. **** em. Build a vette
idk about low 13s more like mid to high 13s, specially around here
Old 08-13-2011, 11:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 457 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by winters97gt

Owned, bitch. Go have fun with your stock LS7 that makes over 500rwhp(which you later had to go back and correct yourself and claim bolts ons, etc when you got called out, not to mention all the other stuff you got called out on), and your 400 shot, etc.
You have'nt owned **** buddy. Stop makeing bullshit up. I've always said I have bolt-ons and I don't **** with nos, I don't like the ****. I did'nt get called out on ****. I've posted pics of most the **** I've done dumbass.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Go back and re-read your post #15, and my post #17. Again, you were wrong. It's impossible to argue with somebody as stupid as yourself. No matter what evidence is shown to you, or no matter how many people dissagree with you(as in other threads) and tell you you're wrong, you don't accept it. (BTW, no E85 was used, or in post #17, since the records are old, because that is cheating according to you)

Ignorance must suck.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:31 PM
10 Second Club

How the **** am I wrong you idiot. The fastest cars on those lists have way more than the bolt-ons on and mild weight reduction you said you had. Where are you on that list again?

I think everyone knows it takes pretty good bolt-ons on a 2v to go 13's. It's not a insult stupid...it just is what it is. I said I've never seen one, I did not say it could'nt happen. Your a ******* idiot. The new 5.0's need e85 or a race gas mix to get to 10's so they can run their tunes hot enough to get there with that much compression.

If there so ******* great get rid of that vette and go get one.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
How the **** am I wrong you idiot. The fastest cars on those lists have way more than the bolt-ons on and mild weight reduction you said you had. Where are you on that list again?

I think everyone knows it takes pretty good bolt-ons on a 2v to go 13's. It's not a insult stupid...it just is what it is. I said I've never seen one, I did not say it could'nt happen. Your a ******* idiot. The new 5.0's need e85 or a race gas mix to get to 10's so they can run their tunes hot enough to get there with that much compression.

Bolt on 2v's have been going 12's since 1999. The cars on that list are generally in the 260-310rwhp range, and have bolt ons and cams. Right where bolt on or bolt on/cams put those cars. There are a handful of cars that have gone 11's with bolt ons, cams, and under 300rwhp. I know a lot of these guys, I raced NMRA and FFW events years ago.

If there so ******* great get rid of that vette and go get one
Since you obviously have major reading comprehension problems, I'll help you out. Please point out where I said they are "so ******* great".

Somebody forgot to tell you that 2v mustangs are as slow as Christmas. I've had 3 of the turds, even one with SVO heads/SVO blower.
Like I said, going through life being so ignorant must cause you all sorts of problems. You can't even get your **** strait on a forum. I'd bet you're real intelligent in person.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:55 PM
10 Second Club

Where is your 2v on that list again? You keep bragging them up.....go trade that vette off on one.

Is everyone ignorant but you?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:04 AM
Banned

I have not yet been able to race a '95-'04 Mustang GT, but I would really like to since that was my car's chief competitor. I know my car should smash it no problem, those things had anywhere form 215HP to 260HP, in stock form, and I'm at 350HP, so it's no problem at all.

Really want to race one though and show them that they should have bought a Camaro!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
Low 13's with full-bolt on's? Yeah, I think the GT can do that. The GT is about 13.8 to 14.0 in stock form, you think full bolt on's won't take about a second off?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

Where is your 2v on that list again? You keep bragging them up.....go trade that vette off on one.

Is everyone ignorant but you?
Show me where I am "braggin them up". Stating facts. Again, your reading comprehension is off. I'll help you out again.

Originally Posted by Winters97gt
I was on it back in 2002, but got bumped with my 106mph trap speed and a 13.0. I added weld wheels and removed weight and gained 3+mph
Also,
bragging them up
makes no sense. I see you have trouble with English.

Thanks for reminding me to sell my vette. I will be selling it in the next couple years, but for a C7.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
Low 13's with full-bolt on's? Yeah, I think the GT can do that. The GT is about 13.8 to 14.0 in stock form, you think full bolt on's won't take about a second off?
not around here atleast they dont run low 13s with full bolt ons, they run like mid 14s stock. only one that ive seen move out decent was my friends that did 13.8 with just intake/tuner automatic the rest ive seen with orx, intake, catback, tune, and dr's run 13.7ish
Old 08-14-2011, 02:40 AM
Banned

not around here atleast they dont run low 13s with full bolt ons, they run like mid 14s stock. only one that ive seen move out decent was my friends that did 13.8 with just intake/tuner automatic the rest ive seen with orx, intake, catback, tune, and dr's run 13.7ish
Even the magazines and videos show the stock '02 GT doing the 1/4 mile in 13.8 seconds, that's in stock form, also before the engine was broken in! And you're saying a full bolt on GT only runs a 13.7? I think a full bolt on GT can hit low 13's, 13.0 to 13.3.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:57 AM
On The Tree

Even the magazines and videos show the stock '02 GT doing the 1/4 mile in 13.8 seconds, that's in stock form, also before the engine was broken in! And you're saying a full bolt on GT only runs a 13.7? I think a full bolt on GT can hit low 13's, 13.0 to 13.3.
Different tracks. HRP, or now RPR recorded the fastest stock 01 bullitt was JBvobra. Put down around 240rwhp bone stock out of the factory, and ran a 13.33 on nittos drag radials in a negative DA. Stock air filter and all, we all checked the car out. He has also recorded some of the fastest stock C5Z and C6Z times too. Great driver.

The vast majority of people that have just got in to cars in the last 5-6 years fail to realize that most of the fastest 2v cars were being driven in the 2000-2003 years in NMRA and FFW events. It has died off very quickly after that. There was little aftermarket in the years leading up to 2000 for heads/cams. The PI cars only had the option of porting the stock heads, and NPI cars had the option of the SVO head/intake swap, which cost an arm and a leg and you still only got a tad over 300rwhp(or the PI swap which I did 2 times), but had to run reground cams at the time. You didn't hear about ground breaking times after 2004 when the aftermarket had done it's job on billet cams.(except for trickflow recently, but it was too late in the game) Times have actually become much slower on average. The average age of the owner, is much younger. The mustang community is not behind them, and they have very little understanding of what makes the cars tick, where as the Fbody community is still going very strong and the LS1 was always so far ahead of the 2v. However, there are still cars running low 13's/high 12's in Houston at the track. They are becoming more rare, but they still do it. Most guys have moved on to faster 3v, GT500's, 5.0's, or LSX motors.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:23 AM
11 Second Club

This article gives good insight on what it takes to get a N/A 2v to run decently. Takes quite a bit actually.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...out/index.html

2-valves are nothing to argue over. lol

Enuff with the magazine racer bullshit. Have you ever been to the track in real life? And where did you see a 13.8 run at?
Old 08-14-2011, 09:25 AM
10 Second Club

Good read.....I guess we know the truth now. Ain't that right winters....lol

I actually think some of those guys did a decent job. For sure their back is against the wall. To have built motors and only run in the 12's and only have sub 300 rwhp kinda sucks for them.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:56 PM
TECH Regular

sorry but around here thats what they seem to run, i dont see one running low 13s here with bolt ons id be really shocked if it happened
Old 08-14-2011, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Yes we do. With a little magazine shootout, and just a handful of cars on hand, some running 12's on the stock block, as I stated. The years I spent in NMRA and FFW are the truth. The times are posted are real times. Would you like me to link up a ton of threads to again, prove to you that you are wrong. Bolt on/cams can go 11's on the stock PI block. It's been done a number of times.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:38 PM
***Repost Police***

I meant to say not by much from a roll. My truck actually runs pretty good from about a 30 roll. It takes a mid to low 14 sec car to get away from it. From 30 to 100 a low 14 sec Mustang might get me by 2 cars. I guess it's hard to 6000lb moving.

If you had a n/a 2v that trapped 110 then you had more done than your saying. I don't think I've ever seen a 2v break 100 n/a. Hell 4v cars are doin good to get to 105 with basic ****.
'99-'04 GTs with good drivers in good DA (which seems to be a small amount of the time) generally trap 98-100mph bone stock.
Originally Posted by 2v-in-12's
A bolt on 2v is a low 13 sec @ 103-106. They are not as slow as some of you guys make them out to be. Turds compared to the LSwhatever but inexpensive to buy and cheap to mod. I think they are great cars to build as a first time project.

Naaaaaaaa. **** em. Build a vette
Agreed.
Generally when people say "XXX car runs XXX @ XXXmph," they are talking about near sea level, in decent DA. That doesn't mean they will necessarily run those times wherever you happen to be. At the track where a stock LS1 F-body runs 13.0-13.2 @ 107-108mph, a '99-'04 GT *has the potential* to run ~13.9 @ 100mph.
Surprisingly enough, agreed.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Banned

Surprisingly enough? Lol, like you don't like to agree with me.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:11 PM
***Repost Police***

Surprisingly enough? Lol, like you don't like to agree with me.
I agree with you on some stuff... but not all. For example;

If anyone would look up the stats and specs on the 2012 Nissan 370Z. They are much quicker than a stock LS1. They have comparable horsepower, not the same torque, but they are much lighter. A brand new 370Z is going to be slightly faster than a stock LS1.

Now, a mid 2000's 370Z vs a stock LS1 will be close, LS1 should win.
If you're comparing an M6 LS1 F-body vs. a 370Z (auto or manual), the F-body has the edge. They are very close in performance, and most of the time (equal drivers) they will be within a tenth or three of each other at the track. But the F-body is still *potentially* the quicker car. Especially up top.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:23 PM
9 Second Club

Yes we do. With a little magazine shootout, and just a handful of cars on hand, some running 12's on the stock block, as I stated. The years I spent in NMRA and FFW are the truth. The times are posted are real times. Would you like me to link up a ton of threads to again, prove to you that you are wrong. Bolt on/cams can go 11's on the stock PI block. It's been done a number of times.
11's out of a bolt-on 2v is VERY rare. A "number of times" is stretching it a bit. I can only remember 1 or 2 guys that have squeezed into the 11.9x range. I'm talking "true" bolt-on cars w/ stock cams, heads, bore etc.

Normally it takes cams, intake, full bolt ons, and a good drivetrain/suspension/weight setup to run that number.

EDIT: I see you were referring to cam/bolt-ons. Even then 11's are far and few between.

Last edited by UBoysPlayBall?; 08-14-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Quick Reply: 04 GTO A4 vs civic/2v gt