Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Haha, GT500 SC is no match for an SS...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Your kill story would still hold up in here if you only had a lid & cat back. The GT500 owners can never drive and the teenage LS1 drivers with 750 extra pounds could teach Evan Smith a thing or two about driving.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hendrixx
yeah but I meant with a driver, probably 200lbs maybe more?
You use a brush when washing your car?

What do you use to clean the interior with?

How often do you wax, and what kind of wax?
Old 08-19-2011, 10:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
Your kill story would still hold up in here if you only had a lid & cat back. The GT500 owners can never drive and the teenage LS1 drivers with 750 extra pounds could teach Evan Smith a thing or two about driving.
yes, that is exactly how ridiculous I have made this thread, thanks for pointing it out with a smartass comment

and I use a extra soft bristle brush, its like silky smooth hair or something haha... this is the closest pic I could find to looking like what I use... http://www.rona.ca/img/product/medium/0455003.jpg

but to be honest I dont even use that... I use a wash mit... I just have that brush with me at work for when I do the trucks its much more convenient... never actually used it on the camaro yet...

To clean the interior I use special cleaner from automagic, and for the air vents, radio, and all nooks and cranny **** I use the glass cleaner, spray over the area, wipe it down, and blow out the crevesses with my air hose to get all dust and dirt out...

I dont wax the car every day, I actually dont wash it every day either, I did today cause the back end was full of dust from driving... I hand wax it I guess once every 2 weeks or so (havent had it for too long yet)... when I wash it though I usually use quick detailer spray wax which is nothing really, but it keeps the water running off = no hard water spots in the morning after the rain fall..

satisfied? or am I doing something wrong??
Old 08-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned

hendrixx dont take the internet too seriosuly
Old 08-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Banned

yes, that is exactly how ridiculous I have made this thread, thanks for pointing it out with a smartass comment

and I use a extra soft bristle brush, its like silky smooth hair or something haha... this is the closest pic I could find to looking like what I use... http://www.rona.ca/img/product/medium/0455003.jpg

but to be honest I dont even use that... I use a wash mit... I just have that brush with me at work for when I do the trucks its much more convenient... never actually used it on the camaro yet...

To clean the interior I use special cleaner from automagic, and for the air vents, radio, and all nooks and cranny **** I use the glass cleaner, spray over the area, wipe it down, and blow out the crevesses with my air hose to get all dust and dirt out...

I dont wax the car every day, I actually dont wash it every day either, I did today cause the back end was full of dust from driving... I hand wax it I guess once every 2 weeks or so (havent had it for too long yet)... when I wash it though I usually use quick detailer spray wax which is nothing really, but it keeps the water running off = no hard water spots in the morning after the rain fall..

satisfied? or am I doing something wrong??
Yes, don't use glass cleaner except on glass surfaces A good OTC product is Meguires "Natural Shine". Even though it may be A/C vents and whatnot, most not all glass cleaners contain ammonia and not so good for your dash which you will usually get with overspray. Just trying to help, fellow detailer myself....hobby anyway. Try getting a soft bristled brush or toothbrush to get cracks and a/c vents.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

lol, thanks for the tips... I use automagic stuff from work, we use it for the specific reason that it doesnt have ammonia... drys perfectly not a water line or mark on the dash... plus, I only used it once, I keep my car clean so I wont have to do it again for a looonnng time haha.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Teching In

May I suggest a good coating of Brake Fluid on your paint to give you that brilliant glossy shine.

jk...Hendrixx...... It sounds like you have a clean fast ride. I know how you feel about your Camaro. When I had mine, I treated it the same way!
Nice kill......just be safe out there....
Old 08-21-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

and It'llRun, come on man, street tires! A 2.0 60' is horrible, but 116 mph aint too bad, on slicks Im sure Id be high 11s, but my fight against retardation is keeping me from getting there.... adurrr maybe the mustang driver was clearly just ****?

But think of it like this, Camaro = 3400 + 700 is equal to GT500 weight, and gt500 has 550 to the crank, guessing around 490-500whp? So in the end, with gearing and all, it would make sense that it should at least be close either way, no? I know if all the weight was gone from my car it would be no real argument how I beat him... but damn, I need to find another one to race... maybe Ill take one from work tomorrow
The point was, the 2011/12 GT500 is capable of 12.5's and quicker, factory stock. You said your car has run 12.5... That's all good and so forth, but there's NO chance you'll be seeing 12's with an additional 750 lb in the car. It's more likely to run a 13.4 at that point than it is a 12.9. That's the catch for anyone who's ever been into drag racing. We know that adding weight will slow nearly any car. Since yours was always slower than the GT500, it's just hard to imagine you slowed your car down immensely and then outran what was clearly the quicker, more powerful car. Bad driver or made up story... doesn't matter to me, but it sounds a tad less than believable. That's all. Without the additional weight, it would be a close race with nearly anyone driving the GT500 and you driving your car(or whoever ran 12.5). I mean, you surely didn't go drag racing with all those people in your car down the strip.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What everyone is saying...

A kill is a kill.... So, good kill.

However, don't expect the same outcome with every single GT500 you run across.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:21 AM
12 Second Club

lol I competely understand where youre coming from, believe me the last thing I expected was to win, and I didnt even think about it till after the fact that I had 3 people with me...

btw.. in other news, went to cayuga this weekend... got on the road course for free at the end of the night, did 3 laps, ****** crazy in the camaro... she handles good... over steer in the 4th turn and thats it cause its like a 270 degree turn... got to just over 200kmh in the straight... fun times... just as I got off the track it started pouring, and then me and my 4 buddies camped out over night (cscs was the next day), we were the ONLY ones at the track camping... no one else... we could have run the 1/4 mile and road course if we wanted... in the dark and rain though great time though, fun day today too at cscs... 3 cars blew up, and one civic crashed into the wall at 160MPH at the end of the 1/4
Old 08-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Banned

lol I competely understand where youre coming from, believe me the last thing I expected was to win, and I didnt even think about it till after the fact that I had 3 people with me...

btw.. in other news, went to cayuga this weekend... got on the road course for free at the end of the night, did 3 laps, ****** crazy in the camaro... she handles good... over steer in the 4th turn and thats it cause its like a 270 degree turn... got to just over 200kmh in the straight... fun times... just as I got off the track it started pouring, and then me and my 4 buddies camped out over night (cscs was the next day), we were the ONLY ones at the track camping... no one else... we could have run the 1/4 mile and road course if we wanted... in the dark and rain though great time though, fun day today too at cscs... 3 cars blew up, and one civic crashed into the wall at 160MPH at the end of the 1/4
You dont need your AFR heads dude...Just give them to me, I need them.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
You dont need your AFR heads dude...Just give them to me, I need them.
Your *** REALLY doesn't need them.... So when you get them, just bring them home with you and we will throw them on my car!