Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cammed LS1 vs Cammed LS2 GTO, Cammed LT1, and G8GT **video**

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 03:33 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hrmmm seeing as how hard your car hit on that race with the g8 kinda seems like you have a bottle on that car....
Old 08-22-2011, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why is a cam only ls1 claiming only 350whp? Isn't that low even for an auto? I'm wondering how a heads/cam lt1 would get worked by an ls1 that's in cam only lt1 range.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by samsel450r
hrmmm seeing as how hard your car hit on that race with the g8 kinda seems like you have a bottle on that car....
Not my car, Brendon doesn't have a name here on tech. I tried to tell him to run you all night the other night just to see the difference in a H/C car and his, but he cares too much about winning every race so he didn't want to. He probably would if you asked him for a run though, he said he wants people to come up to him rather than him ask. Kyl and I kind of forced his hand with the GTO race.

Bottle will be going on the car eventually though. In the race with Kyl, he just feathered it out of the hole and then laid into it.

Originally Posted by LSWHO
Why is a cam only ls1 claiming only 350whp? Isn't that low even for an auto? I'm wondering how a heads/cam lt1 would get worked by an ls1 that's in cam only lt1 range.
He's claiming that because that's what it put down. Yes, it is a tad low even for an auto, but this dyno (by the shop owner's admission) reads a tad low, but not too much. A full bolt-on LS1 with the same SS4000 stall (FAST manifold) dynoed 310rwhp on the same dyno, graphs are overlaid since they are friends but it hasn't been posted yet.

The LT1 is actually lighter than the LS1. As I said in the previous thread, if you overlaid these 2 dyno sheets, you'd see exactly why this happened.
Making almost peak the entire race > slowly building to peak.

I meant to post this the other day but forgot. Looks sick IMO. Only weight reduction he's paid for thus far...

Quick Reply: Cammed LS1 vs Cammed LS2 GTO, Cammed LT1, and G8GT **video**