Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

MNIVET (LS1 Miata) vs. 650rwhp 76mm Turbo SS Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Well I guess he doing better then the rest the camaro guys. Cause as mentioned search on Camaro5 or even here. With that power then are not getting them times.

Also with the Procharger my guess would be he has a stall now. There low end sucks...But they make great power up top. I have had my eyes on a centri for a while. But KB new 3.6L just made over 800whp on a stock Boss engine. And over 700whp on a stock 5.0 engine.
Your preaching to Ls fanatics about how a 5th gen performs and all you have to say everytime is they are heavy show queens. Why dont you go burn up your #7 cylinder or something...
Old 09-12-2011, 02:29 PM
9 Second Club

Good kill.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Staging Lane

nice kill, He was probably inflating his numbers a bit...makes the kill all the more sweet
Old 09-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
A miata with a ls anything on spray, U better bring your A game..
We make similar power and i weigh less
Old 09-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Well to set some things straight, it is pushing 650 rwhp. And no the car wasnt running 100%, had horrible traction due to my bald 555r. Didnt really launch/ brake boost because had recently wrecked the car due not being able to keep the car straight and the 10mph and 30mph launches didnt help me hook either. Didnt want to be the second car to ram into the miata lol. Can you post the video of the last race where i actually hooked a bit(may have taken off 1/2 a sec early like u said) but def c its not a dyno queen. Def not trying to bash the miata bc thats hands down the best miata here in the area and it is freaking quick. New tires and wheels come in next week, we can make more vids before i boost it up.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Your preaching to Ls fanatics about how a 5th gen performs and all you have to say everytime is they are heavy show queens. Why dont you go burn up your #7 cylinder or something...
Facts are facts. They are slow heavy pigs.

They #8 not 7 is peoples fault. Not Fords. People getting bad tunes and crap. No stock one has failed yet. All have had a certain tune in them from a certain company. ALso people here of these failing yet no one has actually seen one. They all know some one that knows one or some other bull crap.

But also they have had there share of issues as well. Tranny/engine issues. Just search the forums and people post about them all the time. lifters failing. Tranny's leaking and all kinds crap. Then GM doing just like Ford. Oh well you did this to it so its not covered.

Oh how about the women that just bought a new 46K dollar convertible SS and the other one that bought a 36k V6 one their top don't work. After less then a week owning them..Yep it has happened twice at the dealer my wife works at. **** happens with new cars.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Holy **** dude, you can't make it through one thread without bring up the 5.0's. I love the Mustangs but when I read your posts all I want to go do is hunt one down and walk the **** out of it.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good runs. i'd give the hit to the miata for sure given it's lack of weight and not having to wait on a turbo to spool.

Originally Posted by odarabla
Look man I realize weight plays a huge roll in racing but the big difference is that Camaro if it makes 650rwhp, weighs 4000lbs and is properly driven it should trap 125-126mph versus his miata weighing in at around 2800lbs, making 391rwhp should trap 118-120mph. That's a hugh difference..
what? i want some of whatever you are smoking.

that miata with 390whp would easily trap 125. that camaro with said power should trap 128+, despite its weight. not to mention the 1/4 mph would most likely hide the camaros real potential due to weight, traction, and gearing.

i've seen 2 fc rx7 cam only cars making 390-395 whp (both t56 trex cars) trap identical 125 mph at the same track within days of each other. both had a raceweight of 2850-2900 lbs.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TURBOSS1311
Well to set some things straight, it is pushing 650 rwhp. And no the car wasnt running 100%, had horrible traction due to my bald 555r. Didnt really launch/ brake boost because had recently wrecked the car due not being able to keep the car straight and the 10mph and 30mph launches didnt help me hook either. Didnt want to be the second car to ram into the miata lol. Can you post the video of the last race where i actually hooked a bit(may have taken off 1/2 a sec early like u said) but def c its not a dyno queen. Def not trying to bash the miata bc thats hands down the best miata here in the area and it is freaking quick. New tires and wheels come in next week, we can make more vids before i boost it up.
I'll have my Nitrous ready next time :-)

By the way... The race where you pulled on me (started ahead)... I was in the wrong gear (On purpose.. I said.. "**** it"...)
obviously was a bad idea... We were going 20mph and I had it in 2nd... or was it 40mph and I had it in 3rd? I forgot... Either way... when we both hit it I bogged BADDDD and then as soon as I got in to my powerband I locked you in... you were by then slightly pulling on me...
Old 09-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Teching In

Have few videos where I took u and other where u took me. Honestly just want to see the fireball lol, friends don't believe me. Regardless def give u props on d beast. sure we can do runs with d bottle
Old 09-13-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

a LS3 on boost makes killer power. they arent necessarily reliable, but they do make that kind of power. LS3 650rwhp on a turbo is totally possible and is done regularly.

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1

im not picking sides, but they do run VERY slow for the most part. its inexplicable. i feel there is a lot of chasis dynamics at play that make them bad for drag racing. the power numbers are certainly there.

on the other hand they seem to do exceptional from a roll. take traction out of the equation.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:33 AM
Teching In

Aznspeed's blown ss makes around 610 and i was dead nuts / slightly pulling on him at 430whp which for me is probably 126-127 trap
Old 09-14-2011, 07:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Facts are facts. They are slow heavy pigs.

They #8 not 7 is peoples fault. Not Fords. People getting bad tunes and crap. No stock one has failed yet. All have had a certain tune in them from a certain company. ALso people here of these failing yet no one has actually seen one. They all know some one that knows one or some other bull crap.

But also they have had there share of issues as well. Tranny/engine issues. Just search the forums and people post about them all the time. lifters failing. Tranny's leaking and all kinds crap. Then GM doing just like Ford. Oh well you did this to it so its not covered.

Oh how about the women that just bought a new 46K dollar convertible SS and the other one that bought a 36k V6 one their top don't work. After less then a week owning them..Yep it has happened twice at the dealer my wife works at. **** happens with new cars.

#7 & #8 either one would be fine.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by assasinator
a LS3 on boost makes killer power. they arent necessarily reliable, but they do make that kind of power. LS3 650rwhp on a turbo is totally possible and is done regularly.

im not picking sides, but they do run VERY slow for the most part. its inexplicable. i feel there is a lot of chasis dynamics at play that make them bad for drag racing. the power numbers are certainly there.

on the other hand they seem to do exceptional from a roll. take traction out of the equation.
^^ Now this is a person I can talk to. I agree, but they have proven there not fully out of the circle yet. Take stangkiller's car for example. beautiful car by the way.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:10 AM
On The Tree

When I first read this thread I thought it was a 4th gen with an LS3 swap but then I watched the video and it made a little more sense LOL.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:15 AM
On The Tree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYx85...e_gdata_player
Old 09-15-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Holy **** dude, you can't make it through one thread without bring up the 5.0's. I love the Mustangs but when I read your posts all I want to go do is hunt one down and walk the **** out of it.
Hahaha! I have been saying the same thing since he got his 5.0. He even created a thread to state that a 5th gen Camaro owner complimented the interior in 5.0...WTF!!!

Ok it is putting down 650rwhp, it took off like a rocket!!! Should be a good race with the 5th gen having traction and you on the bottle.

Quick Reply: MNIVET (LS1 Miata) vs. 650rwhp 76mm Turbo SS Camaro