Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed a Charger SRT8 in my G8 GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
Nice Kill, of course Being a SRT8 owner I have had a different experience. If the SRT8 and the G8 are both stock the G8 can kiss it goodbye it will lose by 2-3 Cars. With your mods you should be able to beat "most" stock SRT8s but not all if your running 12.80's. If both have bolt ons the SRT8 has the advantage. I trap 3 mph more on 22's then any bolt on G8 ive seen at our track. So to each their own
I agree that a stock srt8 will be a stock G8 GT. However with my mods I will beat every stock SRT8 hands down. Sure I may only run 12.8s at Infineon Raceway. Some tracks are faster than others I'm sure we can agree. But the kicker is only once while I have been there in my 10 visits to that track, with multiple SRT8's from stock to boltons, have I ever seen one run a time under 12.9. And that was with a DA of -400. Times are all relative. At infineon I have never seen a stock SRT8 run less than 13.4. At that same time I was there I was running 13.0s before my current configuration.

With just an intake and tune my G8 could run dead even with a Stock tuned Intake and exhaust SRT8 as demonstrated in these runs I made with my friend...

[youtube]cBegnwb3wy4[/youtube]

or

[youtube]3-OgZFmZmpU[/youtube]

If an intake and canned tune only G8 can keep up with a stock tuned, intake exhaust SRT8 naturally it would only make since that my nearly full bolt on car would eat one up right? I dropped .5 seconds at the track once I added headers.

Finally, here is my G8 with intake and hand held tune only, vs that same SRT8 with High Flow Cats, Custom dyno tune, intake, thermostat, manifold spacers and exhaust. He put down more than 400rwhp with that setup and ran 12.7s at infineon. I got pulled by 3/4 of a car from 25-100.

[youtube]ZDk257tjfo4[/youtube]

Maybe all the SRT8's I race here in california are duds...

Last edited by The Yeti; 09-10-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Regular

ya no stock srt8 is going 12.8s or 12s for that matter at Infineon
Old 09-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
ya no stock srt8 is going 12.8s or 12s for that matter at Infineon
Maybe not at Infineon but its been done countless times at other tracks.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Yeti
I agree that a stock srt8 will be a stock G8 GT. However with my mods I will beat every stock SRT8 hands down. Sure I may only run 12.8s at Infineon Raceway. Some tracks are faster than others I'm sure we can agree. But the kicker is only once while I have been there in my 10 visits to that track, with multiple SRT8's from stock to boltons, have I ever seen one run a time under 12.9. And that was with a DA of -400. Times are all relative. At infineon I have never seen a stock SRT8 run less than 13.4. At that same time I was there I was running 13.0s before my current configuration.

With just an intake and tune my G8 could run dead even with a Stock tuned Intake and exhaust SRT8 as demonstrated in these runs I made with my friend...

[youtube]cBegnwb3wy4[/youtube]

or

[youtube]3-OgZFmZmpU[/youtube]

If an intake and canned tune only G8 can keep up with a stock tuned, intake exhaust SRT8 naturally it would only make since that my nearly full bolt on car would eat one up right? I dropped .5 seconds at the track once I added headers.

Finally, here is my G8 with intake and hand held tune only, vs that same SRT8 with High Flow Cats, Custom dyno tune, intake, thermostat, manifold spacers and exhaust. He put down more than 400rwhp with that setup and ran 12.7s at infineon. I got pulled by 3/4 of a car from 25-100.

[youtube]ZDk257tjfo4[/youtube]

Maybe all the SRT8's I race here in california are duds...
I highly doubt you will beat every stock srt8 saying that is just crazy. I raced a Full bolt on, Tuned G8 GT and its close from a dig since im on 22's but once we get moving its not hard to figure out which car is faster. My only mods are intake, catback, and a handheld predator tune. Im not knocking the G8 but I have yet to lose to one with your mods on the street.

Ive seen your videos and you can clearly see which car is faster. had you kept going the gap would have gotten bigger those races were short. but like I said every car is different so im not knocking your kills just stating my experiences with G8's.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Teching In

find me one in my area with bolt ons and I will be more then happy to run it
Old 09-10-2011, 07:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I highly doubt you will beat every stock srt8 saying that is just crazy. I raced a Full bolt on, Tuned G8 GT and its close from a dig since im on 22's but once we get moving its not hard to figure out which car is faster. My only mods are intake, catback, and a handheld predator tune. Im not knocking the G8 but I have yet to lose to one with your mods on the street.

Ive seen your videos and you can clearly see which car is faster. had you kept going the gap would have gotten bigger those races were short. but like I said every car is different so im not knocking your kills just stating my experiences with G8's.
My bolt on G8 never lost to a SRT8 with your mods. That is the truth. I did lose to a SC one. I even found a guy with a 2010 Challenger that was turbo'd and he would not race me. I had spray then. That was his only mod to his car and he was pushing 8psi. I had 175shot. But he said he heard I was killing SRT8's in town and his car wasn't ready yet(maybe needed broke in)

Either way a bolt on G8 had went 12.1 I know for sure. And I think some one finally went 11's. SO same to say that a bolt on G8 shoudl always beat a stock SRT8.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I know a few G8's that would run you from Vegas. But it might not be pretty. They run about what that M3 you ran does. Actually a little faster...LOL
Old 09-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
My bolt on G8 never lost to a SRT8 with your mods. That is the truth. I did lose to a SC one. I even found a guy with a 2010 Challenger that was turbo'd and he would not race me. I had spray then. That was his only mod to his car and he was pushing 8psi. I had 175shot. But he said he heard I was killing SRT8's in town and his car wasn't ready yet(maybe needed broke in)

Either way a bolt on G8 had went 12.1 I know for sure. And I think some one finally went 11's. SO same to say that a bolt on G8 shoudl always beat a stock SRT8.
his car runs 12.80s thats why I said I highly doubt it. And Im not scared of a bolt on G8 by any means. Just like you have never lost to an SRT8 with my mods I never lost to a G8 with his mods. Its takes a Full bolt on and tuned G8 to run with me and I have a CAI, Catback (No gain) and a Canned 91 Predator Tune and 22'' wheels and Im still pulling on G8s from a roll.......
Old 09-10-2011, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

I raced my friend with a charger srt-8 he had CAI&catback i was stock there's no why in hell the charger was going 2 beat me got him by 3cars + !!! Then we took them 2 the 1/8 to try them there he ran 9.8 I ran 8.8 big different!! But my 06 jeep srt-8 hit a 8.3 with just CAI,catback but they were only good on the 8th the 1/4 they sucked ***!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I know a few G8's that would run you from Vegas. But it might not be pretty. They run about what that M3 you ran does. Actually a little faster...LOL
Hence the reason I said one with Bolt ons, lets not forget the fastest SRT8 is faster then the fastest G8....
Old 09-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by elmarro
I raced my friend with a charger srt-8 he had CAI&catback i was stock there's no why in hell the charger was going 2 beat me got him by 3cars + !!! Then we took them 2 the 1/8 to try them there he ran 9.8 I ran 8.8 big different!! But my 06 jeep srt-8 hit a 8.3 with just CAI,catback but they were only good on the 8th the 1/4 they sucked ***!!!
if he ran a 9.8 that should tell you everything. My SRT8 stock was faster then both of my LS1 cars M6 and A4. I ran faster then 8.8 when I was bone stock on 22's in horrible DA in Cali. 9.8 is embarrassing thats why there are so many kills against SRT8s because guys cant drive them for ****.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Maybe not at Infineon but its been done countless times at other tracks.
I've seen SRT8's run faster at other tracks. But if I was at those same tracks I would run faster as well. Times are all relative to what others are running at that same track. I bet there is no stock SRT8s running 12.8s at Fontana right? Everyone runs slower there, so naturally everyone would run faster at a track Like Atco.

I can't speak for that G8 and the caliber of its tune or mods. All I know is that with my current mods, my times and trap speeds are significantly higher than the stock SRT8's that have run at our local track, and I have merced stock srt8s on the street relatively easy. Since stock is stock, and all stock cars should be the same, why is it unreasonable to believe that I would smack any stock SRT8 that I run into? I've been doing it from day one with my current mods.

The point of me posting those vids was to show that there is very little seperating a tune and intake only G8 vs a modded SRT8 and a stock tuned one. Remember, with my current mods, my G8 is almost 1 second faster in the 1/4 mile than when I was running in those vids. Lets put that in to perspective. There was barely any difference before in what essentially a 1/4 mile type pull when my car had 40rwrhp less

I used to live in LA and I visit family out there. I will try to make it down to LA in early November and we can take it to the streets

his car runs 12.80s thats why I said I highly doubt it. And Im not scared of a bolt on G8 by any means. Just like you have never lost to an SRT8 with my mods I never lost to a G8 with his mods. Its takes a Full bolt on and tuned G8 to run with me and I have a CAI, Catback (No gain) and a Canned 91 Predator Tune and 22'' wheels and Im still pulling on G8s from a roll.......
Those mods out here will get you spanked by just about every G8 friend I have

What are your track times and what track do you run at?
Old 09-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Teching In

I've seen SRT8's run faster at other tracks. But if I was at those same tracks I would run faster as well. Times are all relative to what others are running at that same track. I bet there is no stock SRT8s running 12.8s at Fontana right? Everyone runs slower there, so naturally everyone would run faster at a track Like Atco.

I can't speak for that G8 and the caliber of its tune or mods. All I know is that with my current mods, my times and trap speeds are significantly higher than the stock SRT8's that have run at our local track, and I have merced stock srt8s on the street relatively easy. Since stock is stock, and all stock cars should be the same, why is it unreasonable to believe that I would smack any stock SRT8 that I run into? I've been doing it from day one with my current mods.

The point of me posting those vids was to show that there is very little seperating a tune and intake only G8 vs a modded SRT8 and a stock tuned one. Remember, with my current mods, my G8 is almost 1 second faster in the 1/4 mile than when I was running in those vids. Lets put that in to perspective. There was barely any difference before in what essentially a 1/4 mile type pull when my car had 40rwrhp less

I used to live in LA and I visit family out there. I will try to make it down to LA in early November and we can take it to the streets

Those mods out here will get you spanked by just about every G8 friend I have

What are your track times and what track do you run at?
No stock is not stock. Ive seen SRT8's go at it that are stock and another comes out on top its all about the driver the littlest things make a huge difference with these cars and I learned that fast. When I was stock I got beat by a light bolt on LS1. I then learned about holding a gear using auto stick and how to turn ESP fully off. I ran the same car that beat me and beat it by a car its not just press the gas and go you have to know the powerband of these cars and what mph to roll race at or it will get killed.

And in response to your second comment about getting spanked by every g8 friend you have not if they have the same mods as you .

I run at irwindale the 1/8th. Best time is 8.2@88 on 22" wheels with my current mods. If i put the stockers back on and some DR's who knows what it mite do but I felt the loss immediately when I got the 22's but they dont hold me back from beating G8's
Old 09-10-2011, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

has a 12 ever been ran in CA? by a BONE stock srt8. because other tracks dont mean crap when we dont race there or live near there. so those times are irrelevant
Old 09-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

You should stop racing all the V6 ones!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Teching In

No stock is not stock. Ive seen SRT8's go at it that are stock and another comes out on top its all about the driver the littlest things make a huge difference with these cars and I learned that fast. When I was stock I got beat by a light bolt on LS1. I then learned about holding a gear using auto stick and how to turn ESP fully off. I ran the same car that beat me and beat it by a car its not just press the gas and go you have to know the powerband of these cars and what mph to roll race at or it will get killed.

And in response to your second comment about getting spanked by every g8 friend you have not if they have the same mods as you .

I run at irwindale the 1/8th. Best time is 8.2@88 on 22" wheels with my current mods. If i put the stockers back on and some DR's who knows what it mite do but I felt the loss immediately when I got the 22's but they dont hold me back from beating G8's
Stock is stock, and I can drive the hell out of my car. After 100 passes at the track on my 245 hankook v12 street tires and about and an uncountable amount of street races I will beat every stock srt8 regardless of the driver. Even if they take a slight hit like the guy I just raced the other night.

We are going to have to keep in touch bro because I promise I will make it down to LA for us to run.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Staging Lane

Good kill...let the fun begin
Old 09-10-2011, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

if he ran a 9.8 that should tell you everything. My SRT8 stock was faster then both of my LS1 cars M6 and A4. I ran faster then 8.8 when I was bone stock on 22's in horrible DA in Cali. 9.8 is embarrassing thats why there are so many kills against SRT8s because guys cant drive them for ****.

Well he sold the car cause it was to slow !! 425 vs 364 HP now that's bad !!! But don't get me wrong I love srt-8 cars!!
Old 09-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 96WS6guy
You should stop racing all the V6 ones!
Ive seen maybe 2 v6 G8's in my whole lifetime they are more rare then a GXP around here
Old 09-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Stock is stock, and I can drive the hell out of my car. After 100 passes at the track on my 245 hankook v12 street tires and about and an uncountable amount of street races I will beat every stock srt8 regardless of the driver. Even if they take a slight hit like the guy I just raced the other night.

We are going to have to keep in touch bro because I promise I will make it down to LA for us to run.
I ran a member on here his name is BlueGoat06 his mods are

Rotofab CAI | Kooks 1 7/8 Mid Headers w/cats | Magnaflow X Pipe | Magnapack Mufflers | Hptuners VCM Pro 2.23 | AEM Uego WB | Street Tuned

straight from his sig hes a really cool guy hes at the 1/8th almost everytime im there he can vouch for my car we have ran about 5 times. His best is a 8.3@86 mine is a 8.2@88

Quick Reply: Killed a Charger SRT8 in my G8 GT