Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a new 5.0 from a dig with vids.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
No only you ls1 nuttswingers boys here believe they are 13 sec cars.

I have a few buddy's with lightly modded 5.0's. Make a trip to Tx and I got 2K says they all rape you right now.

We can set the money up some how so no one can back out. Bring your car as sits right now.

I mean after all they are only 13 sec cars. But that rape he gave you the first race didn't count right. I mean you hung with him that one also. Like 2 buses back.
I'm pretty sure you and your buddy's don't want to make that bet.... In fact you may be in luck the guy that bought my old 408 is temple tx he will gladly take your rent money. Lol I think the lsx shoot out in Indy will have shut your face race for all domestic pony cars. I'm sure we can meet in the middle
Old 09-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Launching!

You doing ricer flyby's dont count as races.
I got your ricer fly-by for you. This guy asked us for a race and if it looks like a ricer fly-by to you that sounds pretty bad for 5.slow. My buddy said thanks for the compliment lol. The net/you had us thinking we were about to get drug but I never lost faith in the old goat.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Launching!

I have a few buddy's with lightly modded 5.0's. Make a trip to Tx and I got 2K says they all rape you right now.

We can set the money up some how so no one can back out. Bring your car as sits right now.

I mean after all they are only 13 sec cars. But that rape he gave you the first race didn't count right. I mean you hung with him that one also. Like 2 buses back.
Sad your reverting to calling people hundreds of miles away with only $2k. Not everyone but most true ls1tech members like all makes and models of performance vehicles. It's you goin my 5.0 rapes all blah blah blah
Old 09-15-2011, 03:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by SM105K
I missed third, I admit it. On a clean run it would be close.

However clearly you are retarded. I am talking about a stock 5.0. Not a modded one, not a tuned one, bone stock. I raced a modded (intake, tune, full exhaust, I should have gotten rapped) and didn't get killed. It's cool through.

I am not going to drive how many hours, to race my basically stock LS1 verse a modded 12 second, god touched, not stock, 5.0. Like I said you are retarded. Sorry I have better things to do, and I really don't feel like handing my money over. Let me mod my SS and then we can talk. You got 70 hp on me, let me mod to say 400ish and we can meet in New Mexico. Hell I will even tape it and put it up here.

Stock for Stock it is a drivers race on the street.
Wait you don't want to run 13 sec cars. But you neat them on the street. Now you saying you can't? Which is it. Its just a drivers race right? Not only will you get out drove but t he car its self will dust your 12yr old **** box.

STock for it is not a drivers race agian. If that is case on the street it is a drivers race with me and a Z06.

You missed 3rd he didn't even look he ran you in the 2nd video.. Like you took off all by your self.

And you will need more then 400whp to be within 70whp of me. My engine is out getting cams retuned on E85 and some other stuff. You having 400whp would still be over 100 shy. As I mentioned I have 5.0's with same mods as ones you raced to race you. I will not even bring my car out.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:30 PM
Launching!

Sad your reverting to calling people hundreds of miles away with only $2k. Not everyone but most true ls1tech members like all makes and models of performance vehicles. It's you goin my, 5.0 rapes all blah blah blah I may not be able to beat you now but next month h/c/spray Ill continue my rape..... give it a rest. My friend just bought a 5.0 and I love the car...
Old 09-15-2011, 03:31 PM
10 Second Club

I had raced a new 5.0 on the freeway, and lost. I thought in my head, maybe from a dig it could be a good race. It turns out I was right.......but I can honestly say the mustang has the edge in a drivers race at the top end. My 99 SS has a lid and catback with stock 3.42 gears. The 5.0 I raced had a Bama tune, full exhaust, CAI, and stock 3.55 gears.
Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Pretty sure this whole thread is about stock 5.0s, but as usual...

But if it makes you feel better there is a difference between "drivers race" or "hang with" and being "faster than" or "as fast as". IMO it would take a almost full bolt on ls1 m6 to be on equal playing ground as a stock 3.73 geared 5.0

But street traction and less than perfect drivers don't flatter them on the street
No he didn't race a stock one. It had the above. Least you had admit what it would take.

Originally Posted by ls2foryou
I'm pretty sure you and your buddy's don't want to make that bet.... In fact you may be in luck the guy that bought my old 408 is temple tx he will gladly take your rent money. Lol I think the lsx shoot out in Indy will have shut your face race for all domestic pony cars. I'm sure we can meet in the middle
HAHA Can't let OP run his own runs. ANd We have some other mustangs that will gladly run whatever you want. But I don't want to hear oh well you brought a FI car.

Matter fact one just got done being built that will run. On the street or the track. Just a little 03 Termi Cobra. And what you bring better run least 8's.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

No he didn't race a stock one. It had the above. Least you had admit what it would take.

HAHA Can't let OP run his own runs. ANd We have some other mustangs that will gladly run whatever you want. But I don't want to hear oh well you brought a FI car.

Matter fact one just got done being built that will run. On the street or the track. Just a little 03 Termi Cobra. And what you bring better run least 8's.
Stock for stock on the street with street tires is a drivers race. I didn't race a stock 5.0. I raced a modded one, and I wasn't overly impressed. He should have murdered me, but he didn't. Yet you will blame his driving abilities yada yada. I dont care what you had done to your car. In the real world there is always someone faster.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Sad your reverting to calling people hundreds of miles away with only $2k. Not everyone but most true ls1tech members like all makes and models of performance vehicles. It's you goin my 5.0 rapes all blah blah blah
I didnt say it rapes all. Just using some of the stupid nuttswingers logic here. They see 5.0's at there track go 13's. So they all do. Same thing for me then. I see Z06's go 12's so they all must? H/C/I LS1's go mid 12's so they all must?

They are such 13 sec cars that they have ran from 12.2-13 sec on stock tires.

A stock Fbody is no match for a stock 5.0 drivers equal. PERIOD! A Cammed LS1 Fbody will be a good race for a Full bolt on 5.0. Seen it done it. H/C/I Fbody should beat a full bolt on 5.0. Now the 5.0 does C/H/I and it is advantage 5.0 again. Plain and simple.

There is a huge difference in beat the driver or the car.

I beat a Z06 at the track when I ran 11.88 with minor mods. Cold air/tune/gears. He ran a 12.4. I knew I beat the driver not the car. That is the difference between me and some of the stupid people here.

SOme here are worse then 5th gen owners.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

Stock for stock on the street with street tires is a drivers race. I didn't race a stock 5.0. I raced a modded one, and I wasn't overly impressed. He should have murdered me, but he didn't. Yet you will blame his driving abilities yada yada. I dont care what you had done to your car. In the real world there is always someone faster.
And Yes you still are a retard.

Like said if it is a drivers race. Then every stock 5.0 is a drivers race for a Z06 on the street.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=ohioborn80;15394052]Wait you don't want to run 13 sec cars. But you neat them on the street. Now you saying you can't? Which is it. Its just a drivers race right? Not only will you get out drove but t he car its self will dust your 12yr old **** box.

STock for it is not a drivers race agian. If that is case on the street it is a drivers race with me and a Z06."

he did not say your car was a 13 second car, obviously he would get beat racing you and anybody with similar mods. And stock for stock you are not hanging with a zo6. you are the only one who can't accept an ls1 hanging with a stock 5.0.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:43 PM
10 Second Club

Sad your reverting to calling people hundreds of miles away with only $2k. Not everyone but most true ls1tech members like all makes and models of performance vehicles. It's you goin my, 5.0 rapes all blah blah blah I may not be able to beat you now but next month h/c/spray Ill continue my rape..... give it a rest. My friend just bought a 5.0 and I love the car...
Do heads cam spray. I will still beat you. I am not worried about your slomaro.

And you finally seen the fly by. Man that is old. It was actually a joke but must have hit a nerve.

DO what you need and we will compare times. You will need all you can that I promise.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

I feel that Ohio is the only one with stupid nuttswinger logic, just like every other 5.0 thread he in
Old 09-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Teching In

I didnt say it rapes all. Just using some of the stupid nuttswingers logic here. They see 5.0's at there track go 13's. So they all do. Same thing for me then. I see Z06's go 12's so they all must? H/C/I LS1's go mid 12's so they all must?

They are such 13 sec cars that they have ran from 12.2-13 sec on stock tires.

A stock Fbody is no match for a stock 5.0 drivers equal. PERIOD! A Cammed LS1 Fbody will be a good race for a Full bolt on 5.0. Seen it done it. H/C/I Fbody should beat a full bolt on 5.0. Now the 5.0 does C/H/I and it is advantage 5.0 again. Plain and simple.

There is a huge difference in beat the driver or the car.

I beat a Z06 at the track when I ran 11.88 with minor mods. Cold air/tune/gears. He ran a 12.4. I knew I beat the driver not the car. That is the difference between me and some of the stupid people here.

SOme here are worse then 5th gen owners.
I get soo tired of reading your long winded posts, and all you do is show other cars or talk about people you know. Give it a rest, people are gonna believe whatever they want to. If you know anyone with a new stock 5.0 in the loudoun county area i'll be leaving work tonight around 6,in my old ram air( owned by my 55 year old mom.lol) It best has been a 13.1 @107. Slp loudmouth and a slp lid. All i have to say is you better hope the 90k clutch gets hot and slips and 2011 5.0 better have a driver.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by why87
Wait you don't want to run 13 sec cars. But you neat them on the street. Now you saying you can't? Which is it. Its just a drivers race right? Not only will you get out drove but t he car its self will dust your 12yr old **** box.

STock for it is not a drivers race agian. If that is case on the street it is a drivers race with me and a Z06."

he did not say your car was a 13 second car, obviously he would get beat racing you and anybody with similar mods. And stock for stock you are not hanging with a zo6. you are the only one who can't accept an ls1 hanging with a stock 5.0.
So where did he say he ran a stock 5.0?

He didn't. He said it had tune/cold air/full exhaust.

So now he is a liar cause he really raced a stock 5.0?

And watch 1st video he got raped. Second video don't even look like the 5.0 raced him.

Last edited by ohioborn80; 09-15-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

A stock Fbody is no match for a stock 5.0 drivers equal. PERIOD!
Which is why the term "driver's race" was used...not "a fbody is a match for a 5.0". What definition of driver's race are you arguing here?

Back on page 1, OP said a light bolt on (eg lid/catback) ls1 was a driver's race for a stock 5.0 with the 5.0 having the edge. Plausible.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Teching In

He is going that 2 grand to keep modding facts are facts some turmis are fast but at the end of the day LS stuff is a far better.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Teching In

So a stock 99' SS 325hp is a drivers race with a 11' 5.0 412hp?

A mid 13 sec car stock vs a car that driver depending can go mid 12 pretty easy. HMMMM

If you say so.

Where is he moving to in TX?
low 13 sec. an ss will run better with a decent driver i had a neighbor with an ls1 6spd hooker headers and tune and he ran 13.20s and high 12s on the mustang come on man they run 12.80s and you know how one tiny mistake can make a huge difference it really is alot to do with the driver
Old 09-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Teching In

I can go on youtube and find 50 videos of bone stock 5.0's running low 13's and maybe 5 of them that run mid 12's bone stock. No one is nut swinging but on average its a low 13/ high 12 car no matter how much jenny craig you ford guys do to the 5.0 and claim your running those times bone stock. I have been to many 1/4th and 1/8th tracks from Cali, to Vegas to Missouri and Its always the same thing. Low 13's to high 12's
Old 09-15-2011, 04:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by why87

So where did he say he ran a stock 5.0?

He didn't. He said it had tune/cold air/full exhaust.

So now he is a liar cause he really raced a stock 5.0?

I meamn its a drivers race just like me and a Z06.

And watch 1st video he got raped. Second video don't even look like the 5.0 raced him.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
I can go on youtube and find 50 videos of bone stock 5.0's running low 13's and maybe 5 of them that run mid 12's bone stock. No one is nut swinging but on average its a low 13/ high 12 car no matter how much jenny craig you ford guys do to the 5.0 and claim your running those times bone stock. I have been to many 1/4th and 1/8th tracks from Cali, to Vegas to Missouri and Its always the same thing. Low 13's to high 12's
And from TX east they are running mid 12s more then anything.

I can find 1000 videos of SRT8's running 13's but you will swear they are 12 sec cars. So point?

And we dont have to fudge times most us that say it have did it.

Quick Reply: Raced a new 5.0 from a dig with vids.