Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a new 5.0 from a dig with vids.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 04:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Which is why the term "driver's race" was used...not "a fbody is a match for a 5.0". What definition of driver's race are you arguing here?

Back on page 1, OP said a light bolt on (eg lid/catback) ls1 was a driver's race for a stock 5.0 with the 5.0 having the edge. Plausible.
He stated that the car he raced wasn't stock. He also used excuse why he lost first run so bad. But yet when the mustang didn't launch or seem to take off in the second it was a "drivers race".
Old 09-15-2011, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol you just can't accept an ls1 hanging with your beloved 5.0. all you got is your paper times and a couple YouTube videos of a 5.0 running 12s
Old 09-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
And from TX east they are running mid 12s more then anything.

I can find 1000 videos of SRT8's running 13's but you will swear they are 12 sec cars. So point?

And we dont have to fudge times most us that say it have did it.
on average an SRT8 is a low 13 second car just because some guys have ran mid 12's and high 12's dosent make it the norm.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

He stated that the car he raced wasn't stock. He also used excuse why he lost first run so bad. But yet when the mustang didn't launch or seem to take off in the second it was a "drivers race".
I wasn't talking about his race or video, I was talking about the comment he made on the first page for which you jumped on him and started the bench race war.

He raced a modded one and based on his outcomes said he thought his car would have been a driver's race with a stock 5.0

That's all I was agreeing too. But then as usual it degraded to "5.0s run low 12s on stock tires" and "modded 5.0 *thisthatwhatever*"
Old 09-15-2011, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
I wasn't talking about his race or video, I was talking about the comment he made on the first page for which you jumped on him and started the bench race war.

He raced a modded one and based on his outcomes said he thought his car would have been a driver's race with a stock 5.0

That's all I was agreeing too. But then as usual it degraded to "5.0s run low 12s on stock tires" and "modded 5.0 *thisthatwhatever*"
Will not say low 12's on stock tires. As 2 have did it. WIth perfect conditions.

Saying its a drivers race is same thing as saying if the guy can't drive his Z06 I can beat him in my stock 5.0. Or stock camaro SS.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

If you have a stock 4th gen LS1 F body or 5th gen LS3 SS you should lose to a new 5.0 Mustang at the track. If you don't its due to the drivers. Sorry but they are faster.

I race a lot and go to a lot of east coast tracks. I have friends with 5.0s. Fastest I ever seen or heard is 12.7s stock(Atco)-and I hang out at Cecil,MIR and Atco a lot. Low 13s seem to be average. When it gets cold 11.6s at about 116-117 MPH seem to be the norm for a 5.0 bolt on car with some weight reduction and tires out here. Low 11s for same car with bolt ons and auto/stall/tires. Lot of 5.0 competition out here and a lot of guys are leaving out details about their cars hence the misleading youtube vids.

If you have a Ls1 F body and want to smack these bolt on 5.0s up you need all the bolt ons, some weight reduction,great driving and good traction. If not cam it like I did and don't worry about any of them. Since cam install I have smashed up about 15 of them all modded and from a roll or a stop. 300 for a cam install in a LS???? Keep dreaming. Do it right means good springs etc... easy 1K purchase

You coming to VA Ohio??? I am waiting. After I race Zturd AI 243 heads go on....
Old 09-15-2011, 06:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
If you have a stock 4th gen LS1 F body or 5th gen LS3 SS you should lose to a new 5.0 Mustang at the track. If you don't its due to the drivers. Sorry but they are faster.

I race a lot and go to a lot of east coast tracks. I have friends with 5.0s. Fastest I ever seen or heard is 12.7s stock(Atco)-and I hang out at Cecil,MIR and Atco a lot. Low 13s seem to be average. When it gets cold 11.6s at about 116-117 MPH seem to be the norm for a 5.0 bolt on car with some weight reduction and tires out here. Low 11s for same car with bolt ons and auto/stall/tires. Lot of 5.0 competition out here and a lot of guys are leaving out details about their cars hence the misleading youtube vids.

If you have a Ls1 F body and want to smack these bolt on 5.0s up you need all the bolt ons, some weight reduction,great driving and good traction. If not cam it like I did and don't worry about any of them. Since cam install I have smashed up about 15 of them all modded and from a roll or a stop. 300 for a cam install in a LS???? Keep dreaming. Do it right means good springs etc... easy 1K purchase

You coming to VA Ohio??? I am waiting. After I race Zturd AI 243 heads go on....
I am trying to get VA..I will not know for sure where I will get. I am hoping not Benning..I rather be closer to the nice tracks.

I make it there I run you. I care less win or lose. Of course winning is better. LOL.

I am just not scared to race my car. Beat the hell out of it. If it breaks then that means it was met to be replaced with something better.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Teching In

It's still nicer to pay 1k for a cam swap in an LS. 4V motors are usually 1,200+ for the cams alone. Not to mention the friggin motor has to be pulled.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
It's still nicer to pay 1k for a cam swap in an LS. 4V motors are usually 1,200+ for the cams alone. Not to mention the friggin motor has to be pulled.
Ya it sucks. Cam swap on my G8 was going to cost me about 1800 with everything. That was a pretty big cam, springs, lifters, deleting DOD, and labor.

Freaking cams on the mustang was 1400 but I made 400 back off old cams. Lucky for me they being installed for free and tuned.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I am trying to get VA..I will not know for sure where I will get. I am hoping not Benning..I rather be closer to the nice tracks.

I make it there I run you. I care less win or lose. Of course winning is better. LOL.

I am just not scared to race my car. Beat the hell out of it. If it breaks then that means it was met to be replaced with something better.

Of course!! All in fun!!! I am busting your chops...
Old 09-15-2011, 06:32 PM
10 Second Club

Of course!! All in fun!!! I am busting your chops...
Pork chops...Its 0232 thats 2:32 am for you civilians and I am hungry...
Old 09-15-2011, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

No only you ls1 nuttswingers boys here believe they are 13 sec cars.

I have a few buddy's with lightly modded 5.0's. Make a trip to Tx and I got 2K says they all rape you right now.

We can set the money up some how so no one can back out. Bring your car as sits right now.

I mean after all they are only 13 sec cars. But that rape he gave you the first race didn't count right. I mean you hung with him that one also. Like 2 buses back.
Ohioborn u r a douche bag that wears his feelings on his shoulders. You my friend are a nut swinger ,we all know and understand that 5.0 r fast and very respectable. Use to everyone based how fast their car was up against an LS1, now you have LS1 basing how fast their LS1 is to the mustang 5.0. Is that not good enough for you geez. So will you shut up already and get off this site. Im pretty sure there r a few 5.0 out there in the 13's and 14's, driver mode.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:23 PM
TECH Regular

Hey OP I'm local to you, I say we go find some new 5.0s to beat up on. We will record it all and bring back the videos for everyone to see!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Teching In

if you can DIY you can do a cam for under five hundred with springs. but I would

agree it would cost a little more. The point was it could be done. a friend of mine did a cam only no springs with stock manifolds and the car ran great for a very long time. that was in 03 and the car ran 12.50s all the time with a ten bolt.

Last edited by ls2foryou; 09-15-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Launching!

Do heads cam spray. I will still beat you. I am not worried about your slomaro.

And you finally seen the fly by. Man that is old. It was actually a joke but must have hit a nerve.

DO what you need and we will compare times. You will need all you can that I promise.
Reading comprehension wasn't your strong point in school was it? I recall you saying in a thread that a guys car would beat yours until you put on your h/c/ nitrous. Do I need to quote it?
Old 09-16-2011, 01:25 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by crazyelf
Hey OP I'm local to you, I say we go find some new 5.0s to beat up on. We will record it all and bring back the videos for everyone to see!
Anytime you want to beat on some 5.0's is cool with me. Let me know.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:32 AM
11 Second Club

So where did he say he ran a stock 5.0?

He didn't. He said it had tune/cold air/full exhaust.

So now he is a liar cause he really raced a stock 5.0?

And watch 1st video he got raped. Second video don't even look like the 5.0 raced him.
I raced a car with a tune, cia, exhaust, street tire to street tire. I lost the first race, won the second. The first race I missed 3rd gear (driver error), the second race I left him (you can actually hear me peddle the car) you can see his head lights and then he missed 3rd gear. In the second race, he honked it off, my horn doesn't work.......along with my cruise control, and other things.

I am saying on the street the LS1 can beat a stock 5.0. I even said in the second race, if he would have hit third gear he probably would have beat me, but not by much.

Tomorrow I am installing my Hurst Short Throw to remedy the long *** row that accompanies leaving second gear entering third gear. I wish he was still around because I want to get a clean run with him. However, that is out of the question.

My feelings, it is a drivers race on the street against a new stock 5.0 against my particular SS.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:40 AM
11 Second Club

FYI, I will keep finding 5.0's and posting them up here for you my *** kickings, or getting my *** kicked.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:27 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow alot of hurt people in here lol, yeah you guys in stock cars go find a 5.0 to beat up on please,please post vids. i just do not feel its a drivers race at all , its the 5.0 is more car,and new tech. you know alot of you guys that rag on ohio do alot of your racing on here. at least he can back up what he says with vids,and slips, its alot more than some of you guys can do.but i understand he does kinda wear 5.0 on his chest lol , .can a stock ls1 beat a new 5.0 on the street yes , it has happend but someone that can drive ok should give the 5.0 the win. i understand there are so many factory freaks out there , and sometimes so much pride in post its crazy. my buds ws6, lid,m6,catback car , couldnt not beat a stock 5.0 on drs,every race we ran he lost, yes somewhere closer than others but overall he just lost.and this wasnt the only races i have seen stock vs stock,listen i wouldnt trade my car for anything out there but a c5z.or c6, i love my car ,and i never see me parting with it,im so sick of these 5.0 threads going 20something pages of pointless bs.im sure on some of the mustang forums there are alot of ls kills, that dont go more than 4 pages lol. and ls2foryou i get your numbers now lol, car sounds like it was alot of fun, op good runs , keep throwing mods at it and your car will get there, it takes time,if you want some advice start thinking procharger.that is the path im on and i wish i would have done it from the start .
Old 09-16-2011, 04:29 AM
Teching In

You just proved my point thank you

Quick Reply: Raced a new 5.0 from a dig with vids.