Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got punished by a brand new SRT8 Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 09:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good runs op but I think u should have beat him with your mods you should have had him. By him putting 2-3 cars on you so quick is indicative of him having a better power tp weight. When in reality he may have had 100 extra Hp but at the same time he weighed 1000 lbs more than you.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear ya. I thought he would get me on the motor because I drove his car a few weeks ago right after he got it but I also thought it would have been a little bit closer race myself.

He told me he ran it up to 160mph on the freeway in tijuana and it was still pulling pretty good when he shut it down. He said it pulled strong all the way and never got lazy or fell off. Still has the paper tags on it== Envy green with black stripes and Special blacked out wheels. ....not my favorite color but he likes it....lol I spend 50k on a car it will NOT be green! Tooooo many better options.... Sorry green lovers.

Last edited by Footlead; 09-26-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by garner
Either way it's definitely accomplishment since the 6.4 motors have stuff that the 6.1 don't. All I know is I'm waiting till I have $10,000 to send my truck to fastlane so they put a magnacharger on it and tune it. Was gonna send it to hennessey but I don't think they've done a supercharger on a 2011 ram
So there is finally one around us? I can't wait to get back and find it. Also have not heard of anyone figuring out the tune on them. Using an older PCM as mentioned might work. That or a stand alone system.

Have to agree also that the Chally is the best looking from the 3. But the price is just to much. For that I would rather buy a vette or GT500. Or hell the ZL1 should be priced close also.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
So there is finally one around us? I can't wait to get back and find it. Also have not heard of anyone figuring out the tune on them. Using an older PCM as mentioned might work. That or a stand alone system.

Have to agree also that the Chally is the best looking from the 3. But the price is just to much. For that I would rather buy a vette or GT500. Or hell the ZL1 should be priced close also.
The race I saw was a little competition between the dodge and ford dealer in lampasas. But there's a green with envy 392 that goes to the heights show, a orange 392, and I think a couple others. Have you ever seen the yellow viper coupe making over 1000 rwhp around town?
Old 09-26-2011, 11:43 AM
10 Second Club

The race I saw was a little competition between the dodge and ford dealer in lampasas. But there's a green with envy 392 that goes to the heights show, a orange 392, and I think a couple others. Have you ever seen the yellow viper coupe making over 1000 rwhp around town?
Nice some to play with when get back. Haven't seen the yellow viper. I know of a black and a green viper.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Teching In

Nice some to play with when get back. Haven't seen the yellow viper. I know of a black and a green viper.
Yeah I don't think he drives it much cause the show is the only place I've seen it. It has an underground racing twin turbo kit. His wife has a silver s197 4.6 with black super snake hood and gtr badges. You should try to get the zr1 to play but I don't think he will. Or one of the lamborghinis or ferraris around town
Old 09-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Footlead
@38394z28 if you have Fox Bodys in the 8s for 20k lined up I am sure they would line up to get 2 of them. I am talking about full weight street cars with ac/ good time radio and drive it every where cars...not some gutted out 2500lb race car with a Turbo or a ton of Dope on it. MS3 on stock stall and 3.23s will be a turd down low and would surge and buck like a horse.....but it would sound good and burn a pile of fuel.
http://www.racingjunk.com/Complete-R...ler.htmlt=test

Also, I was saying that if he had the motor apart he might as well of gotten a cam that will make some good power in the long run...NOT saying he should take the car apart tonight put in an MS3 and re-race the guy and win. lol

Last edited by 38394Z28; 09-26-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: miss-quoted
Old 09-26-2011, 12:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 427 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckwheat
You need a converter so bad it's not even funny. The Z06 cam is even more lazy on the bottom than your stock cam was. Get on it!!

Oh...good death
Ls6 cams are not lazy on the bottem at all. You just feel more of the top end rush.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
First time I've ever heard it called "dope"
Originally Posted by Felix C
I have never heard it referred to as dope as well.
Originally Posted by SM105K
That is the first time for me as well. I have been and owned alot of nitrous cars. We have always called it "Nitrous, the unit, the button, the juice, the equalizer, the bottle" but never the dope. You learn something new everyday. Good death.
You wanna get high?

Never heard it called dope either.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Ls6 cams are not lazy on the bottem at all. You just feel more of the top end rush.
this.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:30 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah I don't think he drives it much cause the show is the only place I've seen it. It has an underground racing twin turbo kit. His wife has a silver s197 4.6 with black super snake hood and gtr badges. You should try to get the zr1 to play but I don't think he will. Or one of the lamborghinis or ferraris around town
Watched the one Yellow Lambo run 13's at the track. And then he got spanked by Kids Evo. It was either Kids Evo or Omars. Both run 10's. LOL. The Ferrari's will not run no one. They have been called out a few times. There is a coupke Z06's that are TT also running around. One C6Z and one C5Z.

The ZR1 would beat me right now. I will need a blower to run with him. At the track if he on street tires I might be able to beat him. Depends on if he can drive or not. CTperformance is doing my cam install next week and some other stuff. We see what it does after that.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

+1 on not hearing it called dope.

Originally Posted by karpetcm
I was going to say you should hit up tunedbyfrost and get a seperate tune for your nitrous and N/A. I bought a black box that goes along with the tune hes done for me and when i flip the switch to turn on the nitrous it will switch to the nitrous tune and then when i turn it off it will go to max n/a tune. That might help you out a bit and not sacrifice anything.
More info on the black box.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It hooks up to your IAT and then IAT sensor plugs into it. Then its wired i think to the switch were you turn on your nitrous or the WOT switch behind the gas pedal. I think it only pulls timing at WOT and changes fuel. There is a blue light that comes on, on the box to let you know its wired properly. The guy who installed it does alot of aftermarket stuff and never seen anything like it, he initially thought it was a window switch type of thing but isnt. Go to wwwtunedbyfrost.com he will give you better info on it then i ever will. Its worked fine for me and very happy with it so far.

Originally Posted by Out Of Focus
+1 on not hearing it called dope.

More info on the black box.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Watched the one Yellow Lambo run 13's at the track. And then he got spanked by Kids Evo. It was either Kids Evo or Omars. Both run 10's. LOL. The Ferrari's will not run no one. They have been called out a few times. There is a coupke Z06's that are TT also running around. One C6Z and one C5Z.

The ZR1 would beat me right now. I will need a blower to run with him. At the track if he on street tires I might be able to beat him. Depends on if he can drive or not. CTperformance is doing my cam install next week and some other stuff. We see what it does after that.
There's a silver gallardo too. Wonder what he runs. Bet everyone was going crazy over the lambo and then laughed when it got beat by half the cars there lol. There's some crazy cars around here. And I'm not sure how good of a driver the guy with the zr1 is. He's older and I've never heard him get on it. He has that, a red ram r/t like mine(he actually got it a week after seeing mine at the show back in november or december), and a red gran sport convertible
Old 09-26-2011, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by karpetcm
It hooks up to your IAT and then IAT sensor plugs into it. Then its wired i think to the switch were you turn on your nitrous or the WOT switch behind the gas pedal. I think it only pulls timing at WOT and changes fuel. There is a blue light that comes on, on the box to let you know its wired properly. The guy who installed it does alot of aftermarket stuff and never seen anything like it, he initially thought it was a window switch type of thing but isnt. Go to wwwtunedbyfrost.com he will give you better info on it then i ever will. Its worked fine for me and very happy with it so far.
I was wanting to know where you got it but it looks like you got it from Frost's. Thanks
Old 09-26-2011, 01:25 PM
10 Second Club

There's a silver gallardo too. Wonder what he runs. Bet everyone was going crazy over the lambo and then laughed when it got beat by half the cars there lol. There's some crazy cars around here. And I'm not sure how good of a driver the guy with the zr1 is. He's older and I've never heard him get on it. He has that, a red ram r/t like mine(he actually got it a week after seeing mine at the show back in november or december), and a red gran sport convertible
Does the grand sport have a E-force SC? If so it ram bottom 10's last October. Old guy drives it also. He ordered it that way.

Oh and never heard it called dope either. Spray/juice are the most common I know.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Does the grand sport have a E-force SC? If so it ram bottom 10's last October. Old guy drives it also. He ordered it that way.

Oh and never heard it called dope either. Spray/juice are the most common I know.
Nope this one is stock except for maybe exhaust and he put zr1 like wheels on it

And I've only heard it called spray, nitrous, nos(ricers), or pill
Old 09-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Banned

The first gen pcm shouldnt work with the 2010 plus id think. The tons of changes are enough to support this theory. The 392 is a mds vvt motor and the pre 10's arent. Last i knew rdp claimed to have tuned it but hasnt mustered up any proof yet. Like the blower cars they've made that will never make a pass and never run properly. Guys a joke.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You guys all got it wrong, everybody knows it is called nawz! J/k, I have heard it called dope since the 80's when I first got into cars as a teenager.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 38394Z28
this.
Trust me. I have both. A stock stalled auto with an LS6 cam will be lazier down low than one with the stock LS1 cam. I'm talking about down low where most dyno sheets have yet to even graph. A stalled LS6 auto is a beast especially on "dope". The OP desperately needs a converter.

Quick Reply: Got punished by a brand new SRT8 Challenger