Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got punished by a brand new SRT8 Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't anytime you increase the duration you effectively move your peak tq higher up in the band and higher peak = more hp. For a cam to increase the down low numbers I would imagine that the duration would remain the same and only the lift value's increase. Hence why so many big cammed cars aren't impressive from like ~3500 and below. Too much overlap of the valves.

-Mark
Old 09-26-2011, 04:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 427 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckwheat
Trust me. I have both. A stock stalled auto with an LS6 cam will be lazier down low than one with the stock LS1 cam. I'm talking about down low where most dyno sheets have yet to even graph. A stalled LS6 auto is a beast especially on "dope". The OP desperately needs a converter.
Not really a accurate comparison to a ls1 with a ls6 cam....But my ls6 made 340rwtq @ 2000 rpm. What does a ls1 make there?
Old 09-26-2011, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Not really a accurate comparison to a ls1 with a ls6 cam....But my ls6 made 340rwtq @ 2000 rpm. What does a ls1 make there?
I'm not sure. I'll have to check my dyno sheets and see if they even go that low of rpm. I do know that my TA is "punchier" from idle to about 2k than my Z is. Not a lot but noticeable. And the TA even has taller gearing. My point is, any LS1 benefits tremendously from a high stall converter. It is hands down the best money spent for an auto. If the OP gets a 3000 or so stall with say a 2.5 STR that SRT8 will go down.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Paywithdeath
The first gen pcm shouldnt work with the 2010 plus id think. The tons of changes are enough to support this theory. The 392 is a mds vvt motor and the pre 10's arent. Last i knew rdp claimed to have tuned it but hasnt mustered up any proof yet. Like the blower cars they've made that will never make a pass and never run properly. Guys a joke.
I think a dyno run without it being too lean is enough. They're not gonna reveal their secret when they have an advantage in the market. And they do some good work. Fastest v6 challenger is from RDP and they took it from 15s stock to 13s with a turbo. And RDP built the twin supercharged srt8 which is pretty sick
Old 09-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Launching!

Default 8s for 19k===good Deal

@38394228==That mulestang is a good deal at 19k if it still looks like the pic but I didnt see any A/C or good times radio in it. I knew it would be a turbo tooooo......getting ready to puke something out of it at any moment. LOL

Contacted Frost and he doesn't have any Dual tune PCMs in stock and doesnt know when he will be getting any either==Bummer. I got my bottles filled today and sent old SRT8 owner a text about rematch===haven't heard anything back yet....Hmmmmmm. I am going to put a convertor in it but don't know whether to get a 3200 or 3600. Circle D has that 278 MM street convertor for $400.00 or the Billet better one for $700 plus. All it takes is money!
Old 09-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by garner
I think a dyno run without it being too lean is enough. They're not gonna reveal their secret when they have an advantage in the market. And they do some good work. Fastest v6 challenger is from RDP and they took it from 15s stock to 13s with a turbo. And RDP built the twin supercharged srt8 which is pretty sick
They havent done it. The twin supercharged car has never made a pass or done anything at all because it runs so poorly. Fastest V6 challenger is their only claim of anything decent and thats because no one does anything to the V6's. 13'd from any turbo'd car is embarassing. They do way more bad than good. Go look around on LX forums about how good of a job they do on anything, The dudes a ******* joke and has screwed numerous people and has blown up numerous cars. Hes the redline motorsports of the LX platform.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Heres the first supposedly Tuned and Supercharged 392 by RPD. Alot of controversy surrounding this car as to rather or not its really tuned. 5psi making 473rwhp and the car made 430rwhp stock. who knows. That thing looks slow as hell in the flyby video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIcCHP6jhkk
Old 09-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

Theres no denying its a 392 car with a supercharger, but theres no doubt in my mind that it isnt what he says it is. The guy is a crook. Hes fucked so many ppl, so much so they ran his *** outta australia. Chances are he may be running a piggy back to keep it from going lean. But i promise you the car is NOT TUNED.

Last edited by GotHemi?; 09-26-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 427 Likes on 337 Posts

If he's @ 5psi then he's only netting 2psi. It takes 3psi to run the charger.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Footlead
@38394228==That mulestang is a good deal at 19k if it still looks like the pic but I didnt see any A/C or good times radio in it. I knew it would be a turbo tooooo......getting ready to puke something out of it at any moment. LOL
Oh, right cuz its not LS based its gonna blow up. Gotcha.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Paywithdeath
They havent done it. The twin supercharged car has never made a pass or done anything at all because it runs so poorly. Fastest V6 challenger is their only claim of anything decent and thats because no one does anything to the V6's. 13'd from any turbo'd car is embarassing. They do way more bad than good. Go look around on LX forums about how good of a job they do on anything, The dudes a ******* joke and has screwed numerous people and has blown up numerous cars. Hes the redline motorsports of the LX platform.
Pretty sure going from 15s to 13s with a turbo is a decent gain
Old 09-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
Theres no denying its a 392 car with a supercharger, but theres no doubt in my mind that it isnt what he says it is. The guy is a crook. Hes fucked so many ppl, so much so they ran his *** outta australia. Chances are he may be running a piggy back to keep it from going lean. But i promise you the car is NOT TUNED.
exactly my thoughts theres a 15 page thread about it on lxforums. They even asked for proof that the cars tuned and nothing so far.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Launching!

Default @38394z28

I was not ******* the other brand engine and praising the ls1 ....I was just saying that turbos can be hard on everything connected to them and you gotta babysit the tunes on them on a daily basis...thats all
Old 09-30-2011, 03:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Footlead

Contacted Frost and he doesn't have any Dual tune PCMs in stock and doesnt know when he will be getting any either==Bummer. I got my bottles filled today and sent old SRT8 owner a text about rematch===haven't heard anything back yet....Hmmmmmm. I am going to put a convertor in it but don't know whether to get a 3200 or 3600. Circle D has that 278 MM street convertor for $400.00 or the Billet better one for $700 plus. All it takes is money!

This is not the best use of a Dual Flash. Michael was the guy posting in this thread about the IAT box that works with tuning to pull timing JUST on the hit. It's much better suited than a dual flash and costs about 1/4 as much. They are out of stock as well, but I should have about a dozen available just after the LSX shootout is done (about a week and a half from now).

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MACH32V
Good Death, Op...I guess..????
I am confused though. You have a camed LS1 with supporting mods and weighed in about +600lbs less and you lost that race?
On a good day with a good driver, I would give the SRT8 a high 12 in the 1/4 and trapping 108-111.
I would think that with your mods, you should be running the same if not better. How did he pull you by 2 to 3 cars unless his mph is that much higher.
I think you might want to look over your setup...it sounds like you slowed your car down a little, in my opinion.
If I am totally incorrect, someone let me know..
for the record the ls6 cam is very small and will gain you about 15 horsepower and only peak power, no more torque or under the curve power. It just picks up where the stock one left off and will continue to make power for a few more rpms.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Just test drove a 392 tonight. At 49K Im highly disappointed in the 6.4 so far. It felt so damn sluggish it was unreal I know for a fact My Intake, Tune, Exhaust 6.1 would beat it.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:59 PM
Teching In

I was at the local 1/8 mile track last night and I saw a blue SRT8. It was NOT the 392. Regardless it was a sweet looking car and it sounded awesome coming off the line. Best he could run last night was 9.29 @79mph in the 1/8. This was his best run all night but all his times were right around there.
Now if this was a 392, I am sure it would run harder than the 6.1L Hemi motor. I think if Chrysler would just trim some of the fat on the bodies, they would have one fast *** ride. The motors make a ton of power but the bodies are just to heavy.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Rumors are that the challenger is getting cancelled soon and the cuda is coming back on a chassis similar in weight to the mustang
Old 09-30-2011, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Rumors are that the challenger is getting cancelled soon and the cuda is coming back on a chassis similar in weight to the mustang
If that is true..than GM and Ford better watch out. There will be a new Badass in the game!
Back in the late 60's though, the Cuda and Challenger both shared the same body Style. They were both E-Bodies.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Teching In

Its just all talk and rumors right now just like the Durango SRT8. However the sales are down big time on the Challengers

Quick Reply: Got punished by a brand new SRT8 Challenger