Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Second Degree Murder of an NSX

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 10:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i live in woodbridge ON, and this is probably the capital of canada for high end living and cars... i used to live right across from Daytona Sports which was a dealer ship with exotic cars and sport cars... the first time I ever saw an NSX was in there... he went in to go trade the NSX for a Ferrari 355, it was a kid at my schools dad... i was about 12 or so, I thought it was awesome, now I realize its a honda... the one i raced didnt even appeal to me really.... the guy driving it looked like a hippy, and wouldnt look over at me although he obviously knew i was there... and his car was dirty as hell... a red one.

I dont know, theyre probably the nicest honda/acura made, but thats not saying much.. in my books, this aint no exotic at all... exotics usually do better than a 13 second quarter haha
Old 09-29-2011, 10:35 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by z99ls1
A ZedR1 and a GTR are way more of a super car than a nsx could ever be. Zr1 kicks the NSX *** in just about every way. Of course they are hard to compare because the NSX hasn't been made for awhile, but still.
He said exotic.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:38 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by hendrixx
i live in woodbridge ON, and this is probably the capital of canada for high end living and cars... i used to live right across from Daytona Sports which was a dealer ship with exotic cars and sport cars... the first time I ever saw an NSX was in there... he went in to go trade the NSX for a Ferrari 355, it was a kid at my schools dad... i was about 12 or so, I thought it was awesome, now I realize its a honda... the one i raced didnt even appeal to me really.... the guy driving it looked like a hippy, and wouldnt look over at me although he obviously knew i was there... and his car was dirty as hell... a red one.

I dont know, theyre probably the nicest honda/acura made, but thats not saying much.. in my books, this aint no exotic at all... exotics usually do better than a 13 second quarter haha
Exotics also don't have their merit defined by 1/4 mile times.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Name an exotic that is slower than a NSX. Something made the same years as the nsx. Maybe their merits are not solely defined by their 1/4 mile times but they certainly arent built by the same company that makes minivans. The NSX is much more vette viper than lambo or even porsche for that matter. Not saying its a shitty car, just no where near the same catagory as the italians. Hell I bet an Evo would beat it in any contest.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:00 PM
***Repost Police***

You don't get it. That's fine. But for the record, I am pretty sure the NSX and Ferrari 348 were pretty fierce competitors back in the day.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Restricted User

He said exotic.
Still more so
Old 09-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Teching In

You don't get it. That's fine. But for the record, I am pretty sure the NSX and Ferrari 348 were pretty fierce competitors back in the day.
You know what ima concede a little here, maybe in the early 90's it could be considered close to exotic but by the time the late 90's and 2000's came around and it never evolved and only had 290 hp there is no way in hell that it could be considered exotic. Not that i dont get it, i just cant put it in the category. I guess we can agree to disagree. I would love to drive one tho. Wonder how it would compare to the c5 and c6 z06 (best cars ive driven sorry dont have more to compare it to).
Old 09-29-2011, 11:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 85mustang351
According to 0to60times.com

1993 camaro z28 0-60 5.5 1/4 mile 13.8

1993 nsx 0-60 5.5 1/4 mile 13.7

Id say they compare pretty well. Sweet looking cars but sorry to say they always kinda sucked.
Ok, besides straight line 1/4 mile times, how about everything else.

Originally Posted by Beans
Most of you are missing the point of the NSX entirely.
^This
Old 09-29-2011, 11:15 PM
12 Second Club

Who said they did? Im saying, exotics usually run better than a ****** 13.8, just one more thing to seperate it from the list of things that most exotics have in common, where as this NSX, has nothing.

The high price tag doesnt mean **** either, just means Honda thought they had something big when they didnt.

They make daily drivers, winter cars, NOT exotics, but with lamborghini, ferrari, masi, they all make high end, leather, fully loaded cars, theres no base models with roll up windows and casette players (back before that was all common, obviously yes) but with honda there is, to say Honda ever made an exotic is a ****** joke...
Old 09-29-2011, 11:16 PM
***Repost Police***

I'm sure a lot of the people in here think, "Why would you get a Corvette when a Camaro is half the price?"
Old 09-29-2011, 11:19 PM
***Repost Police***

Who said they did? Im saying, exotics usually run better than a ****** 13.8, just one more thing to seperate it from the list of things that most exotics have in common, where as this NSX, has nothing.

The high price tag doesnt mean **** either, just means Honda thought they had something big when they didnt.

They make daily drivers, winter cars, NOT exotics, but with lamborghini, ferrari, masi, they all make high end, leather, fully loaded cars, theres no base models with roll up windows and casette players (back before that was all common, obviously yes) but with honda there is, to say Honda ever made an exotic is a ****** joke...
So then you would concede that no Corvette has ever been an exotic? And you're right... The first aluminum monocoque, first implementation of electronic variable valve timing, and titanium connecting rods was nothing impressive at all. Ayrton Senna just wasted his time, obviously.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:20 PM
12 Second Club

I would trade my camaro for a C5Z in a heart beat
Old 09-29-2011, 11:25 PM
Teching In

I'm sure a lot of the people in here think, "Why would you get a Corvette when a Camaro is half the price?"
No i think it would be like why spend 95k on a nsx when you could have bought a tt porsche for around the same price back in the day. Its no car for the money. Especially in its latter years. For a comperable price to a corvette I would completely understand the concept. But for the same money the viper out breaked it, out handled it, turned just as many if not more heads back in the early 90's and was certainly faster. Looks are subjective but they kinda look like a mr2 with makeup and a pretty haircut.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

IMO if it's not Italian, its not exotic.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

So the only thing that kept the NSX from being an exotic was 100hp or so. I guess to most, no matter how nice or exotic a car is, it'll never get the respect it deserves without the "proper" amount of power. Some will agree, some will not.
TECH Enthusiast

I would trade my camaro for a C5Z in a heart beat
This too
Teching In

well koenigsegg and pagani but they hardly count.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:28 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 85mustang351
No i think it would be like why spend 95k on a nsx when you could have bought a tt porsche for around the same price back in the day. Its no car for the money. Especially in its latter years. For a comperable price to a corvette I would completely understand the concept. But for the same money the viper out breaked it, out handled it, turned just as many if not more heads back in the early 90's and was certainly faster. Looks are subjective but they kinda look like a mr2 with makeup and a pretty haircut.
Back in the day, it wasn't $95k.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
So the only thing that kept the NSX from being an exotic was 100hp or so. I guess to most, no matter how nice or exotic a car is, it'll never get the respect it deserves without the "proper" amount of power. Some will agree, some will not.
that and it is a honda. by that logic a viper is an exotic.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Back in the day, it wasn't $95k.
damn inflation.

Quick Reply: Second Degree Murder of an NSX