Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Second Degree Murder of an NSX

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 09:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Killemall
Heres mine....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUvtDuyfm7g Enjoyed the viper and nsx in the driveway for 18 months. It was pretty kool to be able to pick your mood...had dds that i drove to work ect but on the weekends did i want tbe chainsaw of the viper or the 8000 rpm and smoothness of the 330 rwhp 2900 pound supercharged nsx on an adjustable tein suspension. It was awesome but came to an end when my daughter got her first car. One had to go and it was an easy choice.

As to tbe nsx trust me it is an exotic car. Park a vette next to it and prepare to be embarrassed no matter how much power the vette has. Even my viper was no match for the nsx as people constantly asked more questions about it than my viper and said they liked it better. Do a lil research on the nsx and youll see why. It was a very very special car that stood the test of time in every way minus hp

That's the gayest **** I ever saw!!! LOL
Old 10-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Launching!

Rsky. Theirs some piece of **** lambos and ferraris out their for sure.

You know better than that.. Kinda funny cause the nsx is an entry level exotic was coined from you when you bought one lol...

This just goes to show how its all opinionated. As you got older and things in your life changed then your opinion changed.

So wich rsky was right? The rsky 5 years ago who said the nsx was a bottom of the barrel foot in the door exotic when he bought his.
the rsky now who says if it aint italion it aint exotic?
Old 10-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Launching!

Btw... Lambo desighned the engine because dodge was an owner of lambo back then. Compareing breaks on a zr1 isnt realistic to the desighn of a v10 engine that many said led the lambo to the engines they have today.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:33 AM
***Repost Police***

What does a Viper engine actually have to do with Lamborghini engines of today? They developed the first Viper engines, and there was only so much they could do with it back then.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:02 AM
Teching In

Killemall. 5 years ago, I didn't own a lambo. I test drove one. But my investment went sour and I couldn't see myself spending my primary funds on one till now. 10 years ago, I owned a RSX type S and a Mitsubishi Eclipse GST and was an infantryman in the Army. I thought the GST was the fastest thing in the world and I was more impressed by having a car that I was building and making go faster than a car I could buy and already have it faster stock. I didn't understand that the interior of my eclipse was shitty cause I felt I could have upgraded everything. The supra was my dream car.

Well.. I've been there done that. I had my two high power supra's. I've owned the 2005 NSX. I've owned the C6 Z06. now a LP-570 and a 2011 GTR.

The whole time I rode in the Viper,drove the NSX I thought that I could be like all the NSX owners on NSXprime. HECK yes the NSX is an exotic. **** yeah the Viper is exotic. But I've never owned anything other than that NSX to compare to. Now that I've owned the Lambo, I know the difference. Ownership experience really opened my eyes.

My lambo is entry level Exotic. Ferrari california is entry level exotic.

Viper/GTR/ZR1/NSX is not. They are all performance cars that are high end sports cars/race cars. They are the best bang for buck and alot people could afford them if they wanted to. I just bought a GTR after the LP-570. So I know what it takes to buy the 90k car. It's not out of reach.

Many said the lambo V10 was inspired by the Viper?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_V10

Says nothing about viper motors inspiring the lambo gallardo v10. It seems that audi was responsible.

My Final Arguement is this. While the whole american car industry fiasco was happening, Chrysler was designing the next Viper motor. When they thought that the viper wasn't going to be built anymore, Mercedes bought the design and dropped it in the SLS. Which they sell for $200k. That would be a entry level exotic. It's got the power with the V10 that was supposed to be in the next viper, but they also had a great interior and gave it gull wing doors. Why? cause it's Mercedes, and they have other cars at that price, and also because they know they are catering to a different group of car owners. If and when the new viper comes out.. if they don't do something about the interior, and the noise, then it will still be a 90-110k car. That's fast. around a ring that I'll probably never see unless I'm play GT5. and I'll probably never hit low 7s cause i'm not a pro driver.

http://youtu.be/9TAewM0rsTw

It's not the opinion of all lambo owners, but I'm sure he's not thinking it's a low production car that is fast and can be tt and have 1200 hp on pump and yadda yadda yadda. He said what he was thinking.. which is I could sell my car and buy 5 of those. I'm sure he wouldn't say the same about a ferrari..

Again.. it's just my opinion.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Personally I think the NSX are ugly as hell and turds. Call it a supercar or exotic if you want but youll never hear me say it. Id rather drive a Delorean.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:23 AM
Launching!

Honestly I think the delorean is ***** focking badazz and would love to own one.

RSKY excellent post. defiently dont think a old Diablo is worth 5 old gts. being the old gts sells for 35k. a diable sell for 175k nowadays? I didnt even think they were 6 figures???

Ive been pondering selling my viper for a 04 gallardo as you know. But the 03 viper rapes the 04 gallardo in straight line as well as road course. So Im not gonna down grade and will keep the viper till the day I can afford the real Gallardo the LP560..

heres a stock 500 HP gallardo vs stock 510 HP viper..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcsYuaF6Wuw

I do get what your saying though. In the higher end car world the gallardo is kinda looked at as a cheap offering not to rare baby wanna be lambo. On here it is the **** but on other high end boards yea its no biggie and defiently not a viper or nsx. nsx would be those guys daily driver and viper might be their prepped race car ect. Defiently not their "exotic" car.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:51 AM
Launching!

MYTH #1: THE VIPER ENGINE IS REALLY A TRUCK ENGINE
Heard more often than any other Viper knock, who hasn’t heard “Yeah, it’s not bad, for a truck engine.” Except it’s not a truck engine. Never has been. Not even close. Not that I have anything against trucks, but the only connection to any Chrysler truck engine at all goes back to 1989, Chrysler did have a concept for a V10 truck mill on the drawing boards. It was to be cast iron (too heavy) and not nearly powerful, sporty or high revving enough. Team Viper wanted at least 6,200 redline, the truck guys didn’t care to go over 4,200. The low end torque was great but the Viper needed screaming HP at high revs. The Viper engineers needed sequential individual port injection, the truck would use group injected. Ultimately there was NOT a single shared part or spec with the eventual truck V10, which weighed over 160 pounds more.

Yes, the Viper engine is an older-tech pushrod design, and thank God. It’s significantly lighter, smaller, simpler, less expensive, easier to fix and tune, and has gobs more torque and gets better fuel economy than any other comparable naturally aspirated ohc engine. Oh yeah, they’re reliable and durable. And although Dodge knew it was a great engine to drop into, say, a RAM SRT 10 truck - then all the truck guys started to say, “Nice truck, but it’s really just a car engine.”

MYTH #2: LAMBORGHINI CREATED THE VIPER ENGINE
Yes, Chrysler owned Lamborghini at the time, but even proud Viper owners often mistakenly claim that the V10 was engineered by the Lamborghini boys. Nope. Lamborghini was asked to help with converting componentry to lightweight aluminum versions. It was, and still is an area of their engineering strength. Remember, at the time. Chrysler was also funding Lambo’s Formula 1 engine program and they were quite enthusiastic about working on the V10. They did some useful modifications to the block design as well as the head castings.

So, Detroit contracted for them to deliver 5 running engines. Lamborghini delivered one non-running. And that was pretty much it.
According to Roy Sjoberg, Lamborghini’s engineers provided good ideas on aesthetics and how to improve cooling to each cylinder and the heads. But they weren’t nearly concerned enough with durability, produceability and long engine life. And they didn’t want to hear about iron cylinder sleeves. Chrysler ultimately redesigned virtually every component Lamborghini did for them - including thankfully, the insistence of iron sleeves.

OWNED

DAMN I didnt know chrysler straight up owned Lambo....And yes lambo did help desighn the Vipers v10. Read on wikipedia that the vipers v10 was the first in a sports car ever but not sure how reliable wikipedia is. But thats why they say that lambo helping desighn the v10 engine in the viper is what lead them to build the v10's in the gallardos of today.

Just a lil history. also found out that the alumnum block in my srt10 viper is actually made in some european country and actually not very american at all. That sucks. But ties in more and more with the italions actually haveing a hand in the engine. interesting. Still no Lambo. But interesting never the less.

might have to buy an all american vette now gotdammit!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:00 AM
Launching!

i stand corrected

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/Lam...-cars384826532

diablos are crazy expensive. that is one of the most beautiful cars Ive ever seen
Old 10-03-2011, 12:54 PM
***Repost Police***

God damn man, it is ITALIAN. I don't understand how somebody whom I presume finished high school can spell so badly.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
God damn man, it is ITALIAN. I don't understand how somebody whom I presume finished high school can spell so badly.
you only picked out one word?

Old 10-03-2011, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

He gives 0 ***** on the interwebz
Old 10-03-2011, 02:10 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by hugger1975
you only picked out one word?

That's just the one that is GLARING at me.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

That's just the one that is GLARING at me.
it is amazeing that you missed other glareing ones

Last edited by hugger1975; 10-03-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:41 PM
***Repost Police***

I just picked the worst one
Old 10-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Killemall
I do get what your saying though. In the higher end car world the gallardo is kinda looked at as a cheap offering not to rare baby wanna be lambo.

Haha.. I guess it's a cheap offering not very rare baby wanna be lambo. You forgot to add it doesn't have lambo doors. or does it? I guess I shouldn't have bought it at 300k, and bought 8 of your vipers. But.. I'm pretty happy with the wanna be lambo.. Call me an uppity guy.. haha..

But I didn't buy the lp-570 for people to notice/look at me (which freaks me out when I'm changing lanes and I see someone staring). Hard. Or cause it's rare, or cause it's the cheapest offering.. (which would have been the Ferrari California/458/lp550/lp560.) I bought it cause when I drove it.. It felt planted at all four corners and took off like a bat out of hell! It looks like a stealth bomber, and puts a huge grin on my face everytime I hear that Finely tuned V10 sing. The 458 didn't have the same exhaust note, although it felt just as fast. And I learned that the Lp-570 is as fast as the Lp-640, and slightly slower than the Lp-670SV.

Let me know when you decide to downgrade from your viper to the not very rare cheap gallardo. I've met quite a bit of the other owners and can help you find a decently priced one. LOL!

BTW... Hendrixx good kill. NSX's can be fast cars and stock vs 2 bolt ons I was able to beat a Z28 with exhaust and intake with my 2005 NSX. With your mods it would be ugly as a 4++ would crush a stock NSX. Even with a Supercharger I don't see the NSX winning in that race. Maybe it would have lost by a nose to a car..

Last edited by RSKY; 10-03-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:56 PM
12 Second Club

Haha, thanks man.. yeah Im sure it was stock, cause I could have kept pulling from him but I left off around 7 or 8 lengths lol.

anyways, its interesting to read what people with money write when they talk about their real nice expensive cars, I hope Im in your position one day haha.. Im going to dubai next month, my buddy im staying with has an Ultima GTR, ya know.. the car that beat Michael Schumacher's track record with an FXX? Haha, and Im getting my international licence, so I can race an R8 around the AutoDrome professional F1 track, and run the GTR around it, and just drive the GTR around the city considering he also has a brand new Ducati 1199 that he bought, so hes thinking of letting me drive while he rides haha. I will have TONS of pictures next month of plenty of cars... last time i was out there last year, man... the showrooms out there - ****** unbelievable. I could sell all the cars in one of the showrooms and make it on the cover of Forbes...
Old 10-03-2011, 08:04 PM
TECH Regular

I like the gallardos; I'd definitely own one over a Dodge Viper.

Though, I would rather have a Ford GT over a Gallardo.

The term "supercar" is over used and abused lately. And honestly, it all comes down to semantics and is pretty meaningless.
It all comes down to what you like and how you view cars. At least IMO anyway...
Old 10-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Launching!

Well said. Yea to me a lp560 is a huge step up over a viper. Just not the first gallardos. But fgt imho seems way more rare supercar exotic yadayada yada.

A solid black or solid yellow would be my dream car. Tune and pully and it jumps from 11.8 at 123 to 10.8 at 133.

One day....... Drool........

Rsky not trying to ruffle your feathers. Huge differance between a 11.0 at 129 mph lp570 superlegerra and a 12.3 at 119 mph 2004 gallardo. Im compareing selling my viper at 40k and picking up the used 04 gallardo at 80k. Id get the italion name and maybe a lil more unwanted attention but id also be getting raped by many cars I beat now. If i wasvtalkin about getting a lp560 we wouldnt even be haveing tnis conversation. Upgrade in every way
Old 10-03-2011, 11:06 PM
***Repost Police***

It is ******* ITALIAN.

Quick Reply: Second Degree Murder of an NSX