Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Second Degree Murder of an NSX

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
RSKY, I think what he was getting at was the ergonomics and feel of the NSX's interior compared to the cars you mentioned. Both the Italians look fantastic, but they are much less user-friendly. And the Viper interior was like a sportier Caravan. The central theme of the NSX was a car that performed with the best, that was easy to drive at the limit and comfortable to live with. And when it was released, and basically until the C5 came out, it was the best at that, with few real competitors that did everything so well.
No. I read what he said correctly. He's talking about fit and finish. Not ergonomics and way things were driver friendly. I've had a 2005 nsx and my supra is more driver friendly than the NSX. Every dial and even radio/ ac control is oriented in the drivers direction. The nsx is centrally located.

He is also talking about how the lamborghini/ferrari has updated the interior. Especially with use of the bling word.

I agree with you that the NSX was a car that came with almost everything. The only gripe would be that it had 290 hp. Although there were rumors that the last few years of nsx's had the type r motor. It should still have been updated with more power as the years went by.

Last edited by RSKY; 10-01-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:36 PM
***Repost Police***

The most driver-oriented car I've driven/seen is an S2000, as far as interior layout goes. So I can definitely cede that point since you have owned both cars in question. But as far as driving dynamics are concerned, which do you feel was more competent and confidence-inspiring?
Old 10-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Teching In

The NSX was an amazing drive. The handling and feel of the NSX while driving was Very confidence inspiring. The balance of the car was phenomenal. Handled like it was on rails. But the lack of power was the draw back. In fact it got boring. That's why I sold it.

Hard to compare my Lambo since it's a 2011 and my NSX was a 2005 with almost same interior layout as the 1991.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:06 PM
12 Second Club

LOL, did killemall really just suggest that Lamborghini, Ferrari, and every other high end "exotic/supercar" used an NSX as a reference to step up their game, and add "bling"? hahahah

oh, and whats ironic is, I was at a dyno shop in Toronto today, went down on the gsxr and my buddy took his 05 sti down to dyno it (Toronto Subie Club rented it) and what pulls up? A blue NSX, been painted, didnt look too bad though, but it still was not near as nice as the 20 subies that came to dyno...

This thread will never end, because theres people who argue that NSX *IS* an exotic, and those who argue it isnt, and we all just keep going back and fourth... when really, I dont know of any Japanese car thats ever been considered an exotic, I wouldnt even consider an NSX a supercar in any way.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:02 PM
TECH Regular

1987 Ferrari 348:

1991 NSX:

What's this about Ferrari using Honda as a reference? Seems to be the other way around...
Old 10-01-2011, 07:09 PM
12 Second Club

^ EXACTLY.

Im suprised no one even said that before, all this about honda being so innovative, where did theyre OWN inspiration come from? Possibly all the super cars of 1991 and prior? I think that picture proves the ****** point. And another point, all these lambos and ferraris, you say that the fact that they have more power isnt the main point because although the NSX has no power it handles well... well, its funny cause the lambos and ferraris handle just as well if not better - while having a better name behind their product.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:13 PM
***Repost Police***

If I were you, I would look for something to back up that statement before you put your foot in your mouth again. Like maybe Nurburgring times.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:14 PM
***Repost Police***

And for the record, the 348 and NSX don't look that much alike.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32

1991 NSX:

That car is ugly...I don't see what is eye catching about it.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:36 PM
***Repost Police***

You just dropped a peg...
Old 10-01-2011, 07:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
The Honda badge yo.
V-tec supercar. Doesn't get better than that......

Old 10-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Teching In

I think mine looked great.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:08 PM
TECH Regular

Thank You! Im with you 100%
Old 10-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RSKY
I think mine looked great.

NO!

I'm sorry it was your car and no disrespect...but no.

Ok I know what it is, its the door back. I held my hand up to the screen and blocked off the rear and it looked ok. The rear of the car must have been designed on a Friday after lunch.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:51 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
Thank You! Im with you 100%
NO!

I'm sorry it was your car and no disrespect...but no.

Ok I know what it is, its the door back. I held my hand up to the screen and blocked off the rear and it looked ok. The rear of the car must have been designed on a Friday after lunch.
You both suck.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:31 AM
Launching!

Thats a bad angle of his car. Rsky many many manypublications have sated that the 91 nsx improved the supercar game.

I have in front of me a book I hold dear to my heart.

The supercar, an evolution of speed written by John Lamm

Qoteing page 301-302

"the f430 is the latest of what you might call ferraris little cars. The series began with the 308gtb/gts in 1975, when tbe automaker stripped the dino name off its smallest two seat mid engine car and gave it a v8, along with typically sleek pininfarnia styling.

The early cars-308, 328 (1985) and 348 (1989) - were nice enough for their eras, suffering early on from ever changing emissions and safety rules, on wich ferrari seemed to have trouble getting a grip. All that was eventually smoothed over, but the cars still had a bit of the eras exotic car hangover. They were enjoyable enough to drive, wasnt a bit fusy, the brakes tended to fade under hard use or build quality wasnt up to the cars price.

And then along came the nsx. Called a honda in market terms outside the united states, the mid engine, all aluminum-frame japanese sports car really brought it all together. Power-excellent handling-exciteing styling and typically high Japanese quality fit and finish.

Ferrari took notice-or more correctly was put on notice-that things had to change.

And they did. When the f355 was put on sale in 1994 it was dramatically better than its predacesser the 348, and was the first ferrari fitted with an f1 paddle shifter. Come the f355s replacement, the 1999 f360. And it was another step forward, now with an aluminum space frame like the nsx"

Thats straight from the supercar book. But ive read inseveral other publications that the nsx changed the game by its use of material and interior ect.

I sold mine so obviously i dont think its the best car in tne world. But its merits are farand beyond it just being some honda. When 8 years later the f360 uses the nsxs idea for the aluminum frame then you know the nsx was a special car ahead f its time

Last edited by Killemall; 10-02-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:53 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RSKY
1991 NSX interior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClKf7Wp6Ejo

1991 Lamborghini Diablo (looks similar.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hViFXTSsiq8

1991 Ferrari Testarossa. (still doesn't look like ****)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPDYgYRTi6Y

Even the 1990 ZR1 interior isn't that bad.. even though its bright red!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHWCg4jd-lw

1992 Viper interior

I think you don't know what your talking about. If you compare the vids and pic of the interiors, it doesn't make any of them look like ****. Just because the previous owner put a dvd screen in your 1991 NSX doesn't mean they all come like that. Just sayin..

Just like your comment that the Viper is a base model exotics.

Viper is a street legal race car. High priced Sports car. Ring times don't make it an exotic.

It is subjective. You nor I nor anyone else here will win this argument. Someone on this site thinks a gt500 is exotic. I guaratee it

As for the vids you posted I didnt watch them. Ive seen old lambos and ferraris and vettes and vipers in real life and their interiors are disgusting.

Last edited by Killemall; 10-02-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

A buddy from high school owns a black 95 NSX. While I do think it looks neat, I have a hard time to this day hearing him call it a super car.

It handles fantastic, interior IMO was so-so for the price (LOL coming from the C6 fanatic - ironic), but whenever he got on it, my love for the car just deteriorated. It got to the point where I'd ask him just to go on curvy roads and "please don't floor it in a straight line because it makes me depressed"
Old 10-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Teching In

Until you boost it like any honda =P.

Wish they came looking more like this ugh

Old 10-02-2011, 01:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Until you boost it like any honda =P.

Wish they came looking more like this ugh

Yeah, then you are under it more than you are driving it. lol Just got back from the track this weekend with a buddy in a 420whp Civic coupe. Run 1: Driver axle, Run 2: Passenger Axle, Run 3: Dead hook, AWESOME run, POP at the end, motor gone.

Another good buddy with a 370whp 92 Hatch babied his car out of the hole and had a terrible misfire at the end. Pulled spark plug on #4 and lugged the car back the 180 miles on 3 cylinders and a broken heart

Not a fan of that NSX. Looks too flashy IMO. Not a natural, smooth look to it

Quick Reply: Second Degree Murder of an NSX