Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 12:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

3200 or so with me. I weigh 155.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Yea let's toss an extra 800lbs in there and see how it runs.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Yea let's toss an extra 800lbs in there and see how it runs.
Where do you get 800 from. It would be a 600lb difference between yours and mine. It would still run 11.8 @ 120 or so. Which would still have that mustang covered.
I could never get my car to that unless it had 2 people in it when it was stock at 3430. WTF...did you fill it up with lead or speakers.

Here's the problem with you and your car....it's comments like that. Instead of working on your car to make it better you want to add weight to mine. Who know's what you've overlooked in your build/tune. But I'm the one with the fucked up attitude and a "half full" glass......go figure.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one wants to add weight to your car, we just want you to admit that cars that aren't set up like yours aren't going to run like yours. The way you come across it sounds you think that every car that dynos like yours or has an LS6 should run like yours, regardless of any other mods or variables.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Launching!

3820 with me in it, plus a passenger and a full bottle puts me right at 4000. Of course I could ditch the passenger and get down to 3845. Its a full weight ttop car with a 4l80 and a 9 inch. Im not asking you to add weight to your car, just saying you should think before you open your mouth and look like an idiot. Once again I'll extend an offer to a cam car to come down here and run the Mustang from a roll.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
No one wants to add weight to your car, we just want you to admit that cars that aren't set up like yours aren't going to run like yours. The way you come across it sounds you think that every car that dynos like yours or has an LS6 should run like yours, regardless of any other mods or variables.
I understand that Screamin. But there's nothing stopping anyone from doin the same **** I've done for the most part, most of it don't even cost anything.....but some guys would rather have a sore vagina than get off there *** and figure it out.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Launching!

Everything just goes flying right over your head.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Teching In

The Mustang owner went and ran the magical 2v at the track last weekend. Garbage 60 ft, 12.4@ 116.55.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7vjAu3_OQY

I invite any cam only Fbody to come run him.
Was this on 7psi or on 9lbs??? I cant see the video at work... Hopeing for more mph with the claim of 430hp on "low" boost
Old 10-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Launching!

What do they put in the water in Virginia?
Old 10-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Teching In

What do they put in the water in Virginia?
I wasn't starting ****, just asked a simple question about the thread. Wtf is you problem???
Old 10-10-2011, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
My car is FFFAAAARRRRR from a purpose built track car. No where even near.

I never said op's car runs like ****....I said it should run better.

My car trapped 100 in the 1/8 twice and 104 twice (spun in 2nd gear)....there's your example.
Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
And pewter i wouldn't call a fully optioned car a race car. it has cruise pw,pl,ac etc. and has never seen a drop of race gas he has just put alot more effort in his than most people have. But anyone can do it so he sometimes overlooks how heavy peoples street cars are.
I didn't call it a track-only race car, I called it a purpose-built track car. That car was modded to go fast and put up impressive times at the drag strip. Extensive weight reduction, a faceplated transmission, and bigs and littles along with whatever other modifications he threw in there result in a car that puts up significantly better numbers at the strip than your average street car Fbody making similar power. Combine that with the likely near 0 or even negative DA air you probably ran in down at MIR and it doesn't even come close to making for a valid comparison with the majority of the cars that are posted in this section.
Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
This.
I understand that Screamin. But there's nothing stopping anyone from doin the same **** I've done for the most part, most of it don't even cost anything.....but some guys would rather have a sore vagina than get off there *** and figure it out.
Even in this post you just don't seem to understand that the majority of people out there don't want to strip 400+ pounds out of their street cars, install a faceplated transmission in their street cars, and run skinny tires on the front of their street cars. And almost no one you see posting on here is running their car in the kind of air and at a sea level track like you, which makes a HUGE difference. How do you not get all of this? It doesn't mean anything is wrong with their car. It doesn't mean their car is running like a pile of crap. It doesn't mean they're overlooking mods that should clearly be on the car.

Just so you know how you come across every time you post, this list below has six bolt-on only LS1's that put your modded LS6 to shame. These are all STOCK top end LS1's that weigh anywhere from a little less to a little MORE than your car and they're all running high 10's and 11.0's. Clearly your car isn't running right and you're overlooking seriously important mods available to you if you actually care about having a car that runs the numbers it should run. With your power, you should be running bottom 10's without a problem, probably high 9's, not those shitty 11.1 and slower times your pile is putting up...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...1-74-bump.html
Old 10-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 03turbomach1
I wasn't starting ****, just asked a simple question about the thread. Wtf is you problem???
It was on 7 lbs.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
I didn't call it a track-only race car, I called it a purpose-built track car. That car was modded to go fast and put up impressive times at the drag strip. Extensive weight reduction, a faceplated transmission, and bigs and littles along with whatever other modifications he threw in there result in a car that puts up significantly better numbers at the strip than your average street car Fbody making similar power. Combine that with the likely near 0 or even negative DA air you probably ran in down at MIR and it doesn't even come close to making for a valid comparison with the majority of the cars that are posted in this section.

This.

Even in this post you just don't seem to understand that the majority of people out there don't want to strip 400+ pounds out of their street cars, install a faceplated transmission in their street cars, and run skinny tires on the front of their street cars. And almost no one you see posting on here is running their car in the kind of air and at a sea level track like you, which makes a HUGE difference. How do you not get all of this? It doesn't mean anything is wrong with their car. It doesn't mean their car is running like a pile of crap. It doesn't mean they're overlooking mods that should clearly be on the car.

Just so you know how you come across every time you post, this list below has six bolt-on only LS1's that put your modded LS6 to shame. These are all STOCK top end LS1's that weigh anywhere from a little less to a little MORE than your car and they're all running high 10's and 11.0's. Clearly your car isn't running right and you're overlooking seriously important mods available to you if you actually care about having a car that runs the numbers it should run. With your power, you should be running bottom 10's without a problem, probably high 9's, not those shitty 11.1 and slower times your pile is putting up...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...1-74-bump.html
that's what I saying...I got some work to do to get this bitch to leave. I have 60 more hp than those guys....I suck....but op sucks more...lol

Jeez, would'nt you guys *** hurt if I did go mid to low 10's with a crate ls6. Those times are relative to a drag car, which I do not have. I go to the track to see how the changes I have made affects acceleration. I am sigificantly faster the the closest 6m. I like goin for mph mostly anyway...that's what wins street races usally. Right sw.

Op I realize after you got out run by a 2v that it started premature vag bleeding. The when you did'nt get props for the losing it was like the string to your tampex fell off. Now you want someone with a cam only car to help you get the tampex out of your vag
Old 10-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Launching!

My car should weigh 3200. My car should have a drag wheel/tire setup. Check.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's what I saying...I got some work to do to get this bitch to leave. I have 60 more hp than those guys....I suck....but op sucks more...lol

Jeez, would'nt you guys *** hurt if I did go mid to low 10's with a crate ls6. Those times are relative to a drag car, which I do not have. I go to the track to see how the changes I have made affects acceleration. I am sigificantly faster the the closest 6m. I like goin for mph mostly anyway...that's what wins street races usally. Right sw.

Op I realize after you got out run by a 2v that it started premature vag bleeding. The when you did'nt get props for the losing it was like the string to your tampex fell off. Now you want someone with a cam only car to help you get the tampex out of your vag
Like I said, it's your attitude that bothers everyone as you constantly come across as negative and are constantly telling people why their cars aren't running how they're supposed to. It's like you have no sense of just how far people want to go with their average street cars to make them run. Not everyone is out there to set records and make their car the fastest X car with X mods in the world. Try responding based on the actual mods a car has and the race conditions rather than all of the potential performance being left on the table by mods they don't have and air they can't run in. Add 400 pounds back into your car, put a stock T56 back in it, throw some 17" wheels/tires on there and stock gearing, then go run it at a track 500-1000 feet or more above sea level on an average day. Then come back and tell these people that their cars aren't running how they should be for what's done to them.

Bottom line: there's a big difference between giving props for posting results, then making suggestions as to how they could improve their car's performance for the next race as opposed to telling them that their car isn't running "right" and should be much faster, then comparing it to your own personal results on a car that doesn't match up setup- and track conditions-wise. I'll stop arguing with you but try to take all of the potential and unknown variables into consideration when responding to people's posts. Not everyone is looking for every last tenth and mph possible out of their street car by stripping weight and spending thousands of extra dollars on modded transmission and other mods. And for the millionth time (since you still haven't acknowledged this), 98% of them aren't running their cars in the track conditions you are. Your car is impressive and for the power it makes, it's clearly in the top few percentage points compared to other similarly powered cars. But it's at the top, not in the middle. You can't realistically compare it to cars whose setups put them in the middle of the pack.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

Thanks Pewter; that's exactly what everyone has been saying and he just couldn't seem to get it; or didn't want to acknowledge it.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand that when he stated what the car weighs it sounds as if its a gutted pos. Truth is you would never know anything was done with the exception of the trans. the rest of the car is a sound normall feeling f body with full interior etc. Its still a solid car. He just knows his **** and did an excellent job with this thing! Its taken alot of effort to do it and drive like any other fbody maybe even alot beter. And as far as the trans, its no different than a big stall or a 2 step found on others! it was just the trans mod he picked.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was there a passenger in the 2v? If not that explains maybe a car of it. And as far as bigs and littles he bitches about them because the car handles so much shittier with him. Ive only seen them on there two times since ive known him! Its always been on black 18s or ws6 wheels for winter. And yes to my dissapointment he drives the thing on salty roads in the winter. thats more of a street car than most of ours. I know mine wont be drove in the salt. And its just him he comes off as a dick but really isn't. If one would listen to him a little there **** might get faster.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Like I said, it's your attitude that bothers everyone as you constantly come across as negative and are constantly telling people why their cars aren't running how they're supposed to. It's like you have no sense of just how far people want to go with their average street cars to make them run. Not everyone is out there to set records and make their car the fastest X car with X mods in the world. Try responding based on the actual mods a car has and the race conditions rather than all of the potential performance being left on the table by mods they don't have and air they can't run in. Add 400 pounds back into your car, put a stock T56 back in it, throw some 17" wheels/tires on there and stock gearing, then go run it at a track 500-1000 feet or more above sea level on an average day. Then come back and tell these people that their cars aren't running how they should be for what's done to them.

Bottom line: there's a big difference between giving props for posting results, then making suggestions as to how they could improve their car's performance for the next race as opposed to telling them that their car isn't running "right" and should be much faster, then comparing it to your own personal results on a car that doesn't match up setup- and track conditions-wise. I'll stop arguing with you but try to take all of the potential and unknown variables into consideration when responding to people's posts. Not everyone is looking for every last tenth and mph possible out of their street car by stripping weight and spending thousands of extra dollars on modded transmission and other mods. And for the millionth time (since you still haven't acknowledged this), 98% of them aren't running their cars in the track conditions you are. Your car is impressive and for the power it makes, it's clearly in the top few percentage points compared to other similarly powered cars. But it's at the top, not in the middle. You can't realistically compare it to cars whose setups put them in the middle of the pack.
I've ran it just like you said. This has been a slow progression over the years. It ran 11.8 @ 119.8 just how you described, poopy mac mids and little or no significant weight reduction, on 17's or 18's and no dr's. Probally back in late '02. This is why I say op's car should go better....other than it's way heavy. Just so ya know Pewter from what I gather the da factor = about .1 and 1mph for every 1000'. Of course this can also very with humidty and track conditions. So add 3000' to my time if you want. There's a vid of me in the results section.....spinning my *** of to that 11.1

SW what does your car run? You have never said that I have seen. Run that stang from a dig.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
Thanks Pewter; that's exactly what everyone has been saying and he just couldn't seem to get it; or didn't want to acknowledge it.
I like this avatar better.....how much more ******* positive can I be.

Quick Reply: Trans Am vs Turbo Mustang rematch, CBR 600