Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

H/C LS1 Camaro vs Pullied '03 Cobra with Ls1 Miata ***video

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
From checkin out your sig you could use a little help in the speed department.....or you can keep buying parts that are'nt getting it done and mail order tunes....and I'm the dumb one. Working on a championship ALMS team teaches NOTHING.
Im glad you see your the dumb one lol. I need help in the speed department? I ran those times before the FAST 90/92 setup and TBB. 12.3@110 in a bolt-on ls1 with full weight/ac, on 275 street tires is damn good if you ask me. **** people think my car has a small cam in it it runs so good. And my mailorder tune from pcmforless is damn good. He has tuned more camaro's than ANYBODY! I had a guy datalog my comp and my tune is almost spot on. So tell me again what parts aren't getting it done? I should gain 2 tenths or so with my fast setup and put some slicks on and I have a FULL WEIGHT bolt-on car in the 11's. And clearly you don't know **** if you don't think you will gain alot from putting gears in a cammed car. You sir are ******* dumb.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

I had a buddy run 11.8 with a auto. He must of had a better part selection than you....just sayin. You were dumb enough to buy those crappy qa1's. Did you dyno tune your fast set-up....if not dumb...lol I did mine. I don't think it will be worth .2 but if it is I'm goin into the 10's pretty good with a bolt-on ls6.....smart
Old 10-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Restricted User

BTW I like how you have no argument anymore on the gears. You try saying my car "needs help in the speed department" lmao. I'm going to guess what I said flew right over your head? You don't understand shift extension and all that im guessing lol?
Old 10-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Restricted User

I had a buddy run 11.8 with a auto. He must of had a better part selection than you....just sayin. You were dumb enough to buy those crappy qa1's. Did you dyno tune your fast set-up....if not dumb...lol I did mine. I don't think it will be worth .2 but if it is I'm goin into the 10's pretty good with a bolt-on ls6.....smart
Ohh my buddy ran a 9 sec pass with an ls6. Lets see some proof of this 11.8 pass. Go find me some other people on here with simple BOLT-ONS, FULL WEIGHT, SMALL 3400 STALL running what I do. The QA1's are doing great. They are just on the front because I bought them to lower the car. Ha I'm running low 12's with bolt-ons, and a car lowered 2 inches on 275 street tires. Your arguments keep making you look more dumb each time
Old 10-06-2011, 11:11 PM
10 Second Club

There was no use in arguing with you on gears...you already know it all. He did that back in 04 and no he did'nt have a 3400 stall. He had a 4000, hence you chose a wrong part again. He lives in AL now. Yea I look dumb...your so smart.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:14 PM
10 Second Club

What no answer on the tune for the fast? I'm sure you did'nt...your that dumb.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

and mail order tunes....and I'm the dumb one.
Joe's 95 383 LT1 TA weighing ~3450 ran a 10.82@124.25 on a PCM4Less tune. For that reason, I fail to see this logic. I know many friends running perfectly good times on mail order tunes and have actually had some reputable shops (sponsors on tech) mess up their tunes
Old 10-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Restricted User

There was no use in arguing with you on gears...you already know it all. He did that back in 04 and no he did'nt have a 3400 stall. He had a 4000, hence you chose a wrong part again. He lives in AL now. Yea I look dumb...your so smart.
Yes me bitch. Atleast you admit it. You know I proved you wrong so now your trying to argue the stupidest **** you can think of. And than you say more dumb **** like "you chose a wrong part again". A 4k stall creates alot of heat and would be loose for a bolt-on DD. Your a ******* idiot honestly. And no proof? STFU. I chose the right stall for my combo. Nothing you say makes sense. It's like talking to a ******* monkey.

Last edited by z99ls1; 10-06-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Restricted User

What no answer on the tune for the fast? I'm sure you did'nt...your that dumb.
Yes I already had it retuned by PCMFORLESS before I put it on. Your trying to talk **** on someone not dynotuning after swapping intakes now? God your full of stupid
Old 10-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Joe's 95 383 LT1 TA weighing ~3450 ran a 10.82@124.25 on a PCM4Less tune. For that reason, I fail to see this logic. I know many friends running perfectly good times on mail order tunes and have actually had some reputable shops (sponsors on tech) mess up their tunes
Yes sir! Thank you. He has always tuned my cars spot on and that's why I always go back. And I agree as well. I have seen alot more fucked up tunes from dyno shops than I have from mailorder tunes.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I have had 2 friends with mail order tunes. Both took several times to get close and they still were'nt happy.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by z99ls1
Yes me bitch. Atleast you admit it. You know I proved you wrong so now your trying to argue the stupidest **** you can think of. And than you say more dumb **** like "you chose a wrong part again". A 4k stall creates alot of heat and would be loose for a bolt-on DD. Your a ******* idiot honestly. And no proof? STFU. I chose the right stall for my combo. Nothing you say makes sense. It's like talking to a ******* monkey.
Yep...your super ******* smart....maybe the smartest ****** I've ever seen.
Yes I already had it retuned by PCMFORLESS before I put it on. Your trying to talk **** on someone not dynotuning after swapping intakes now? God your full of stupid
You did dyno tune it or you remail order tuned it? Do you know how much more power it made? What did it do to the curve? Did you change shift points also?.....well smarty pants?
Old 10-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Restricted User

Yep...your super ******* smart....maybe the smartest ****** I've ever seen.

You did dyno tune it or you remail order tuned it? Do you know how much more power it made? What did it do to the curve? Did you change shift points also?.....well smarty pants?
Can you not read? I said RETUNED by PCMFORLESS. Impossilbe to know how much power it made, but Pat G AND Tony Mamo told me I would gain 10-15 hp and knock off 1.5 tenths or more in the 1/4. Shift points are set at 6200 still. No need to change shift points with an intake swap lmao. I wouldn't have put the FAST intake on if I wasn't doing h/c soon. I'm not spending $650 on an intake setup to gain 10-15 hp. I am getting the car ready for h/c . Might still be waiting to do h/c though as I'm thinking about getting into the top 50 fastest bolt-on car list before I do the swap. Gotta wait for that cool March air so I can get d/a under 2500.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:58 PM
10 Second Club

Can you not read? I said RETUNED by PCMFORLESS. Impossilbe to know how much power it made, but Pat G AND Tony Mamo told me I would gain 10-15 hp and knock off 1.5 tenths or more in the 1/4. Shift points are set at 6200 still. No need to change shift points with an intake swap lmao. I wouldn't have put the FAST intake on if I wasn't doing h/c soon. I'm not spending $650 on an intake setup to gain 10-15 hp. I am getting the car ready for h/c . Might still be waiting to do h/c though as I'm thinking about getting into the top 50 fastest bolt-on car list before I do the swap. Gotta wait for that cool March air so I can get d/a under 2500.
Your right again bud....or you can so believe. Could be true with your combo, but not so much with mine. But you see I know this since I dyno tuned mine
Old 10-07-2011, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have had 2 friends with mail order tunes. Both took several times to get close and they still were'nt happy.
That is the sad sign about tuning regardless of where you do it. Most of the time, you can flip a coin. I love Speed Inc and know they do fantastic work but they messed up one guy's tune on the Iowa section. However, I haven't had enough complaints to not use them for any of my future work. I still think they are stand up guys. Also am curious to see what AMS does now that Larry kind of is leading them into the LSx game.

I was just providing an example of why not to always doubt a pcm4less tune. Helps when all variables are given and car is data logged on a dyno beforehand (some places around here won't tune LT1's, so I had to do that)
Old 10-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Restricted User

Your right again bud....or you can so believe. Could be true with your combo, but not so much with mine. But you see I know this since I dyno tuned mine
I never said you dyno tuning your car was bad. I'm sure it's nice to know what you gained! I trust those two guys as they have dyno'd 100's of fast setups. I live 3 hours from the closest dyno shop and all I hear is bad things. PCMFORLESS has always tuned my cars perfect and I will keep getting tunes from them as long as they are doing business.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:04 AM
10 Second Club

I'm not saying they can't do a good mail order tune. But to know the exact tune to optimize every combo would be impossible. I personally will go with a dyno tune and try to get all I can get.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Restricted User

I'm not saying they can't do a good mail order tune. But to know the exact tune to optimize every combo would be impossible. I personally will go with a dyno tune and try to get all I can get.
The arguement was because you said it was stupid to get a mailorder tune when simply it's not. I really doubt I would gain 5rwhp with a dyno tune. I run damn good times for whats done to my car. You trying to argue they aren't good times for what's done is stupid. I mean I throw some slicks on it and get my 1.8 60 down to a high 1.6 and add a few more bolt-ons and I'm in the top 50 bolt-on only cars list. My fast setup and TBB should have me down to a 12.15 or so. Put some slicks.skinnies on and get my 60ft down to a high 1.6 and there is a 11.8x. So really im only a couple bolt-ons and better air away from a top 50 pass. This with a smaller stall than you will see on that top 50 list. With a 4k stall I would be there already.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:24 AM
10 Second Club

Well since your so much smarter than me you should know that there could be power left in it under the curve....it's not always about peak #'s. A load cell dyno is better for this....which is what I used.

Also thanks for the lecture on gearing. Coming from someone who puts their car in D and presses the gas it meant absolutly NOTHING.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:35 AM
Restricted User

Well since your so much smarter than me you should know that there could be power left in it under the curve....it's not always about peak #'s. A load cell dyno is better for this....which is what I used.

Also thanks for the lecture on gearing. Coming from someone who puts their car in D and presses the gas it meant absolutly NOTHING.
When I don't think you could say something more stupid you do it. Cuz I have an auto I can't know about gearing lol. My "lecture" is 100% accurate and proved you wrong. I'm sorry that means nothing to you. That's how I would look at it too if I was wrong like you. All you can say is it meant nothing too you, but you can't argue it because it's RIGHT. Your trying to say gears won't help because you did some stupid **** on a comp was completely dumb. I don't need gearz because my stall does what gears does for a manual car. My shift extension went up 700rpm after the stall change. When I do my cam this will benefit me nicely