Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

H/C LS1 Camaro vs Pullied '03 Cobra with Ls1 Miata ***video

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 12:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by z99ls1
Can you not read? I said RETUNED by PCMFORLESS. Impossilbe to know how much power it made, but Pat G AND Tony Mamo told me I would gain 10-15 hp and knock off 1.5 tenths or more in the 1/4. Shift points are set at 6200 still. No need to change shift points with an intake swap lmao. I wouldn't have put the FAST intake on if I wasn't doing h/c soon. I'm not spending $650 on an intake setup to gain 10-15 hp. I am getting the car ready for h/c . Might still be waiting to do h/c though as I'm thinking about getting into the top 50 fastest bolt-on car list before I do the swap. Gotta wait for that cool March air so I can get d/a under 2500.
Man I love Pat G. He tuned my G8. Great guy, Very smart. You having him spec you a custom cam? I know some the guys with G8 and 5th gen Camaro's are using cams he spec'd and making some great numbers.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Man I love Pat G. He tuned my G8. Great guy, Very smart. You having him spec you a custom cam? I know some the guys with G8 and 5th gen Camaro's are using cams he spec'd and making some great numbers.
I'm either going with a 228r or having him spec me a cam. I'm kinda set on the 228r though. I agree Pat G knows his stuff. He has answered all my cam clearance questions and has always been a great help.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn you guys jacked this thread
Old 10-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
Damn you guys jacked this thread
That's exactly what I was just thinking lol. What threads don't get jacked on srk section anymore though?
Old 10-07-2011, 06:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by z99ls1
I'm either going with a 228r or having him spec me a cam. I'm kinda set on the 228r though. I agree Pat G knows his stuff. He has answered all my cam clearance questions and has always been a great help.
YA about every thread gets jacked in here..

Anyway., Ya he knows his **** that is for sure. His and his partner Kurt's shop is hella big and nice as well. Been there a few times. WHat I liked is he took his time made sure everything was perfect with my tune. Both times he tuned my car. Explained to me why this and that. Why just going for the most HP/TQ wasn't always the best. That you still need driveability and crap like that. I had a nitrous issue and he and kurt help fix it. We then dyno'd it till perfect, Then went and took on street to make sure everything was perfect. Showed how in the G8 we can have 3 different tranny tunes.

Last time I was there they had a bad *** fox body they was working on. Not to mention Kurt's Cobra.