Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2001 Camaro Z28 vs 2010 Camaro RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sladester2
I LOLed at the guy that said A gun could be pulled on you for driving like that! Backwoods Redneck lol
probably more along the lines of a gang/thug mentality than a Redneck.

anywho back to the OP... your probably not good with the ladies but when your trying to "impress" a girl and show out. acting like your 16 with your very first car wont get you anywhere fast with her... kind of like your Camaro.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Launching!

Did this race by chance take place around Jackson, MS?
Old 10-20-2011, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rossp
possible eye witness???
Old 10-20-2011, 10:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
probably more along the lines of a gang/thug mentality than a Redneck.

anywho back to the OP... your probably not good with the ladies but when your trying to "impress" a girl and show out. acting like your 16 with your very first car wont get you anywhere fast with her... kind of like your Camaro.
I wasn't trying to impress her, she wasn't even that attractive. Acting like I'm 16 is a point of view, and while this is a public forum and you have freedom of speech, I don't give two ***** about yours. And this is my 3rd car, thanks for attempting to be a smartass, you failed and became a jackass. NEXT!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rossp
Not around Jackson, about 60 miles away from Jackson.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by why87
possible eye witness???
I'm glad you're still following this thread.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Teching In

everyone complaining is what ruins a thread. if you don't like what he did click the back arrow and continue on with the "kills section" Internet tough guys! Sound like they're still in high school.. Glad you had fun OP
Old 10-21-2011, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

XD i remember when i posted my "kill" thread. never again, it was full of ********.

no matter how i explained what had happened they bitched and called me a douche.

and im the one who waitsfor others to egg me on/ start the race >.>

not like i go around intentionally looking for shitty cars to mess with.

they put on a big shiny pipe or a wing or big spinning rims and find me.

ill just be cruising at about 50, look to the side and see them looking at me doing dumb ****.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

why is everyone getting their panties in a bunch.. so what, he ran on the highway, you don't know what the whole story is..just take it for what its worth and stfu. if sweetc5 didnt have a bug up his *** and start **** i doubt half of you would be saying this because the truth is most of you probably have been in this situation either can't remember or wont admit it.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
why is everyone getting their panties in a bunch.. so what, he ran on the highway, you don't know what the whole story is..just take it for what its worth and stfu. if sweetc5 didnt have a bug up his *** and start **** i doubt half of you would be saying this because the truth is most of you probably have been in this situation either can't remember or wont admit it.
Thanks, someone else who sees it my way. I'm pretty sure I am not the only person who "eggs someone on" trying to get them to race. It was a long boring drive and the new V6 Camaro was the only car of any decent power, so the only one to really play with, which is why I taunted her.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I get egged on all the time when I'm driving my ss or my uncles c5 I built. I just roll up my windows now or crank up the stereo. Esp wen I'm in the c5. Had a newer stang driver makin "run em" hand signals. I just went on bout my pace. Rolled up the windows and switched lanes from stang. Yawn.
Now at the track, that's a whole nother thing!
Old 10-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's all good OP, I got LOTS of hate when I first started posting in this "kill" section. I personally wouldn't waste my time racing a V6, I would've just stayed with my old V6 Camaro lol but in fact I would've tried to get her attention to grab her number or perhaps a pull over for some dirb

For those who got their feelings hurt, ya'll would've done the same **** if the girl driver had 5% tints all around and not able to see it's a girl driving; take the bloody maxi pads off your foreheads.

Last edited by BoricuaHec01; 10-21-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
So I was on the interstate a few days ago going the speed limit, 70MPH. I see a 2010 or 2011 Camaro coming up, I'm searching the grill for the badge. Since they're both red it was hard to tell at fist, but unfortunately it said RS. Nevertheless I pity people who get an RS Camaro and think they're fast. The 5th Gen. Camaro was passing me, going 75MPH or so, I nailed it, letting them hear my loud exhaust, getting all the way up to 90MPH or so then slowing back down. The 5th Gen. Camaro comes up again, still going 75MPH, about ready to pass me...I nail it again, this time hitting 95MPH and slowing down.

Finally the third time the 5th Gen. Camaro tries to pass me I roll down the window and put my hand out and give them a thumbs down, the driver, who was a young girl, mid 20's or so looks over at me and then floors it, and I hear the whinny 3.6 exhaust on that thing start to kick in. I always thought they were a little quicker, anyway she starts to leave me before I nailed it again, quickly caught up and passed her. She tries to pass me a 4th time, she's passing me slowly this time so I stick my hand out and wave her up, giving hand motions to hurry up and get along side me. She finally gets alongside me and looks over, she shrugs and shakes her head. Poor girl has probably never raced that thing in her life. At that point I just let it go, I resumed 70MPH and let her pass me. Feels good every once in awhile to let these new 5th Gen. owners know that a 10 year old V8 can still put the hurt on them, but since it was a girl who probably has no idea on anything about her car I don't feel the same satisfaction, not to mention it was just a V6.
you were behaving like a dick. dont be too proud. and nobody cares if a 5.7liter v8 beats a highschool girl on the way home after school. she was probably flooring it to get away from a predator.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

imo, not cool..

I would have ignored you and gotten behind you/blocked traffic in the fast lane until I could.

I detest the interstate, so the only time I'm, on it is when I'm trying to get somewhere. I'm not there for drama.

the only reason I would "run" someone would be if I was frustrated by them and just wanted them to go away. But if someone was CLEARLY trying to instigate a race, I would ignore them until they got the picture that I didn't want to play... even if it meant taking an exit I didn't need to take. I'll go get a bottle of water or stretch my legs or something.

out of curiosity, what would you have done if she would have kept going 75 and ignored your thumbs down?
Old 10-21-2011, 02:58 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by assasinator
you were behaving like a dick. dont be too proud. and nobody cares if a 5.7liter v8 beats a highschool girl on the way home after school. she was probably flooring it to get away from a predator.
yeah because predators prey on girls by wanting to race on the highway. wake up. stop trying to be some hero.

like posted above any time anyone wants to run me, and I dont want to (not in the mood, in traffic, its wet out, etc) turn the radio up and close the windows. done and over with, it was her choice. some chicks want to race as much as guys, girls around here running around in tuned 335s and MKVI GTIs
Old 10-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by assasinator
High school girl? Did you read my thread at all? Last I checked people graduate high school at 18, not in their mid 20's. She was actually probably closer to 30, and not that good looking. You weren't her, and you weren't there, she floored it because she wanted to race, and she got one.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
yeah because predators prey on girls by wanting to race on the highway. wake up. stop trying to be some hero.
Lmao, that one made me laugh.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DarkFox118
imo, not cool..

I would have ignored you and gotten behind you/blocked traffic in the fast lane until I could.

I detest the interstate, so the only time I'm, on it is when I'm trying to get somewhere. I'm not there for drama.

the only reason I would "run" someone would be if I was frustrated by them and just wanted them to go away. But if someone was CLEARLY trying to instigate a race, I would ignore them until they got the picture that I didn't want to play... even if it meant taking an exit I didn't need to take. I'll go get a bottle of water or stretch my legs or something.

out of curiosity, what would you have done if she would have kept going 75 and ignored your thumbs down?
Probably just let her go. The next time she tried to pass I let her.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

that whiteknight slowpoke, he's one bad ****.....

It's unfortunate we won't run into each other...
Old 10-21-2011, 09:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 9802TransAm
If the person was feeling generous they'd merely call the police on you for reckless driving (around here). I've seen guns pulled on people for driving like that. You seem to not have any problem making other drivers uncomfortable. If your asking had it been me, I'd have pulled over. Trust me, you wouldn't have wanted to stop. Had it been my daughter/sister/wife etc. that you were doing this to, we'd have had serious issues. Basically, what I'm getting at. Grow the **** up.
i LOL'd at this..... He said the woman was like mid 20's i'm sure she can handle herself strolling down the highway. That's all i gotta say, not getting into OP's racing story.

Quick Reply: 2001 Camaro Z28 vs 2010 Camaro RS