Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2011 SS CAMARO vs 2003 VIPER

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2011 SS CAMARO vs 2003 VIPER

met a guy at a car cruise today pushin a nice lookin green SS camaro with black stripes. said it has intake/tune/headers/no cats/exhaust and a few other minor mods makin low 400s rwhp. Told him I was high 400's and decided wed have a lil fun.

car pulled pretty impressively. was very similar from a 60 roll to the last stock gtr I raced from 60 mph.

ABRA KADABRA.....

-

-

-

-

TA DAAAA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCl9GDuNnUQ

Last edited by Killemall; 10-22-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Launching!

puppy kicker
Old 10-22-2011, 09:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
puppy kicker
this!
Old 10-22-2011, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

"Incoming bowl of rice with wings" LOLOL
Old 10-22-2011, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

the 2011 Camaro wasn't racing.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Teching In

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^yeah
Old 10-22-2011, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounded like he started at a really low RPM. Told him high 400's lol you damn near have 500whp.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

400whp SS vs 500whp Viper? Should've been a close one... LMAO
Old 10-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Launching!

Honestly he said around 420. Im 49x.

Their was a supercharged ls2 vette i asked to race who didnt want any as well as well a a stockish ls3 vette who didnt want any till hes supercharged.

The bolt on ss camaro was the only car who acepted my challange. I offered him a two car head start wich he declined. His death was with honar.

Supposedly their was a 600 rwhp supercharged z06 that wants toput me in myplace as well as a bolt on z06 who wants to meet me tonight. Well see if they actually show
Old 10-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LittleMT

the 2011 Camaro wasn't racing.

I wish this were true. Asked him after tne race if he was ready ect. And wanted another pull. He said he was ready and no need to do another cause we could do it 100 times and it would be the same result.

Very kool guy. Not like the scared vette owners last night
Old 10-22-2011, 09:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i want to race with a glow in the dark scream mask on now!good kill!
Old 10-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Looks like the roads dried up for you.

I think I am the "scared" Supercharged LS2 Corvette owner.

As I recall, we only talked for a few seconds. You asked if anyone wanted to race. I said I wasn't interested with the roads being wet and it raining all over the island. You said, "Yeah, I don't mean tonight, with the roads being wet. Some other night." I said "maybe". Aside from asking what I had done, that was the extent of our conversation.

The few cars that showed up were expecting a different Viper to be out. When I saw it was your car, I was a bit disappointed. I've seen your posts and videos here on the forum and expected that you would sound the same. I was surprised that you talk like a normal person and weren't too bad face to face. Then, I see this post by Captain Civic.

Good luck in your future races. I'm sure you will "win" when we see the video.

Ryan
Old 10-22-2011, 10:05 PM
TECH Regular

rut-roh!
Old 10-23-2011, 02:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RyanO7
Looks like the roads dried up for you.

I think I am the "scared" Supercharged LS2 Corvette owner.

As I recall, we only talked for a few seconds. You asked if anyone wanted to race. I said I wasn't interested with the roads being wet and it raining all over the island. You said, "Yeah, I don't mean tonight, with the roads being wet. Some other night." I said "maybe". Aside from asking what I had done, that was the extent of our conversation.

The few cars that showed up were expecting a different Viper to be out. When I saw it was your car, I was a bit disappointed. I've seen your posts and videos here on the forum and expected that you would sound the same. I was surprised that you talk like a normal person and weren't too bad face to face. Then, I see this post by Captain Civic.

Good luck in your future races. I'm sure you will "win" when we see the video.

Ryan
Thats cuz im kool as hell. Wasnt Too bad face to face.. Lol. I asked you to run and just a minute later you left. I mean we were there for an hour. I ask you to race you simply say not interested and leave.

It came off to me as you being scared to possibly lose. Ive seen that a lot. Asumed you were another.

However it would appear the scared to race comment has rubbed you the wrong way. I apologize for doing so. Im here to enjoy the hobby and make friends along the way. Not enemies.

With that said your disapointed to see my viper remark has rubbed me the wrong way. A supercharged ls2 vette strikes little fear in my heart.

Ill be at safeway tonight.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Killemall
Thats cuz im kool as hell. Wasnt Too bad face to face.. Lol. I asked you to run and just a minute later you left. I mean we were there for an hour. I ask you to race you simply say not interested and leave.

It came off to me as you being scared to possibly lose. Ive seen that a lot. Asumed you were another.

However it would appear the scared to race comment has rubbed you the wrong way. I apologize for doing so. Im here to enjoy the hobby and make friends along the way. Not enemies.

With that said your disapointed to see my viper remark has rubbed me the wrong way. A supercharged ls2 vette strikes little fear in my heart.

Ill be at safeway tonight.
Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh SHIZZLE!

I want to see a good, clean race between you two to settle this. If the vettes mostly stock my moneys on the viper.....as much of an LSx lover as I am, those V10's have some brutal torque and a kick *** powerband.

EDIT: Just saw the vette is supercharged.....nevermind, guess it's any mans game. I still want to see a race!
Old 10-23-2011, 03:29 AM
Teching In

If you were rubbed the wrong way because I was disappointed to an see your car rather than the twin turbo Viper I was told was there. I don't know what to tell you.

I hope no car strikes fear into the heart of any man. Unless it's that car from the movie where the mother dies and possesses the car, then starts killing everyone.

I'll be out and about in the real beast tonight. It does strike fear into the heart of barrier walls, reptiles, small mammals and birds.

I don't care win or lose. A fast car is a fast car. I don't agree with overly outmatched races though. Like my BEAST vs. Scooter.

Have a good one.

Waiting to see some more evenly matched races

Ryan
Old 10-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Launching!

[QUOTE=RyanO7;15538908]If you were rubbed the wrong way because I was disappointed to an see your car rather than the twin turbo Viper I was told was there. I don't know what to tell you.

I hope no car strikes fear into the heart of any man. Unless it's that car from the movie where the mother dies and possesses the car, then starts killing everyone.

I'll be out and about in the real beast tonight. It does strike fear into the heart of barrier walls, reptiles, small mammals and birds.

I don't care win or lose. A fast car is a fast car. I don't agree with overly outmatched races though. Like my BEAST vs. Scooter.

Have a good one.

Waiting to see some more evenly matched races

Ok that was funny. Nice post...

Didnt see you tonight. Unfortunetly i puppy kicked a srt4 and supra. I can only run who wants to run. What more can I do?

Your supercharged ls2 would be an even matched race. You said thats what you wanna see so be a part of the solution. An even matched race

If your pushin more than the 500-550 rwhp I suspect a ls2 supercharged vette to be pushin and will walk me then I look forward to an azz whoopin. Wouldnt be the first.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im the other vette ls3.too bad we wont have a track for awhile.give me time to install my lg super pro 1 7/8 headers and borla stingers and a tune.seems like most of your vids you post up you shut down when the other car is rellin you in.hope Im wrong Laron.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:58 PM
TECH Regular

looks nice but why do you have 2 different wheels on?
Old 10-23-2011, 07:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
looks nice but why do you have 2 different wheels on?
Zo6 fronts zr1 rears. Very nice!

Quick Reply: 2011 SS CAMARO vs 2003 VIPER