Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ever get owned by a honda or another import?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah they're impressive in stock form,actually rode in one a while back.This one was a little more impressive to say the least!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Teching In

EVO and STis are no comparison in terms of power potential. Stock framed turbos on an evos are pushing 500whp now with stock motors where as an STI would need internal work to support that.

Perfect example lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDiOl...feature=g-vrec
Old 12-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

^. What he said. Evo is a better platform for power especially
Old 12-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie
^. What he said. Evo is a better platform for power especially
than an STi? by a long shot. By a Termi...not by a long shot.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Vs STI! Vs a supercharged v8 not so much. Then again awd does wonders on the street
Old 12-07-2011, 02:19 AM
12 Second Club

Been *** raped by a supra at a 60 roll in my old fox,my car ran low 13@108 it was quite a few bus lengths. In the fbody I have only raced one decent Honda,ran a 500whp 4dr cb7 accord on a 40-140 pull got him by 1 1/2. Closest I have been. I'm still trying to race a local member from lsx with a 750whp cd5 accord when I finish my Turbo system
Old 12-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 38394Z28
than an STi? by a long shot. By a Termi...not by a long shot.
<-----Minor bolt ones....500+whp!
Old 12-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Lost to my buddys '02 Si... K20Z swap, JDM intake, spoon axle back and mine didn't upshift... His car aint stock but it was still humiliating...
Old 12-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Launching!

I think one of the funniest races I ever had was me owning a 07 civic hybrid family car lol. I was behind my buddy Roy's Silverado 5.3 z71 and he wasn't doing the speed limit so I decided to go around lol. I start to go around and he looks over flips me off and floors his truck, I laugh and floor the civic expecting to see tail lights hahha. Only thing is, I out ran him lol. His brother was in the passenger seat laughing and my wife was in the passenger seat yelling go, go, go. When we pulled over I gave him so much ****!! That's what he gets for making fun of my rubber band car ahhahhaha.

For his defense though I think he had to put a new engine in a month later, but still!!

Him and I used to have some 3000gt's, mine was a VR4 and his just a DOHC. I remember us both being in the VR4 and this fox mustang pulling up beside me reving the engine. we were going about 30 in town and we punched it (He actually used his Nitrous and I blew by him like he was setting still. I don't know what was done to the VR4 but I know it only read 14psi and the needle was pegged about 3300 rpms. It was a bad *** car. I wooped up on a lot of Stangs with it. Never got to race any T/A's or Camaros beside 3rd gens.
That 3000gt is what made me want to go turbo with my build. I would probably still have the car today if I wouldn't have taken it to the drag strip and fried the turbos. (Had oil leak and fried the bearings) That thing would boost so hard the factory intake pipe would blow off.. Had to get extra clamps to keep it on.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Adam123
I think one of the funniest races I ever had was me owning a 07 civic hybrid family car lol. I was behind my buddy Roy's Silverado 5.3 z71 and he wasn't doing the speed limit so I decided to go around lol. I start to go around and he looks over flips me off and floors his truck, I laugh and floor the civic expecting to see tail lights hahha. Only thing is, I out ran him lol. His brother was in the passenger seat laughing and my wife was in the passenger seat yelling go, go, go. When we pulled over I gave him so much ****!! That's what he gets for making fun of my rubber band car ahhahhaha.

For his defense though I think he had to put a new engine in a month later, but still!!

Him and I used to have some 3000gt's, mine was a VR4 and his just a DOHC. I remember us both being in the VR4 and this fox mustang pulling up beside me reving the engine. we were going about 30 in town and we punched it (He actually used his Nitrous and I blew by him like he was setting still. I don't know what was done to the VR4 but I know it only read 14psi and the needle was pegged about 3300 rpms. It was a bad *** car. I wooped up on a lot of Stangs with it. Never got to race any T/A's or Camaros beside 3rd gens.
That 3000gt is what made me want to go turbo with my build. I would probably still have the car today if I wouldn't have taken it to the drag strip and fried the turbos. (Had oil leak and fried the bearings) That thing would boost so hard the factory intake pipe would blow off.. Had to get extra clamps to keep it on.
I have always secretly wanted a VR4. I beat a 92 i think and I think it was a VR4 my first night owning my Camaro haha. They always seemed like fun cars.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Teching In

They are tanks
Old 12-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Launching!

Lightningteg is right they are heavy but they are a blast to drive and handle out of this world. I think one day I'll get me another one. A funny story of that Civic hybrid I owned. I'm offshore and I get a call from mywife "Babe the car won't go up the drive, its on a hill" They're in the Smokeys, I ask how bad the car is loaded down. well every seat in the car was taken plus every ones luggage. I tell her to make every one get out. Car then proceeds to make the climb up the driveway. lol. Thing I found out about the CVT transmissions is if you floor the engine and back off the throttle they will acellerate faster. I think something to do with TPS.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Teching In

Never seen a fast import in my area on the street, had a Talon hang with me through first two gears last year but once I hit third, I was gone.

I'm sure they are around, just haven't run into any.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Launching!

Got my feelings hurt by a Datsun 280 the first time I raced my R1 on the street.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:25 PM
12 Second Club

In my 2002 SS - Twin Turbo 3000GT. I spun hard on asphalt in a parking lot and he was gone. I had no idea it was AWD.

We raced again on the interstate from 40ish to lord knows what. I jumped at first and he got back beside me until we were over 130. I quit looking at the speed-o. We were major hauling butt when I finally started to pull away from him. That thing was a lot faster than I thought it would be.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Teching In

From a dig he probably would have had a much better shot but we were going about 30 or so down town and it was all over, he was kind of a shitty driver though to... I'd like to run another one with a decent driver just out of curiosity...
Old 12-14-2011, 12:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had a civic keep up with my stock ls back in the day. A civic from the 90's. Pretty good. A lot of these cars have power to weight ratio. That's all.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

I raced a older 240sx with turbo sr20 swap from a roll on the highway when I was STS turbo at around 500whp. He was literally right next to me the entire race. He lost only due to traffic by about a car length id say. Was nuts. Other close race was a turbo EF civic but didn't beat me. I am sure i will run into more this spring once the car is running
Old 12-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Staging Lane

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...g&feature=plcpNOTE MINE MY BROTHER. RACED SET UP BY A FRIEND BASICALLY A BLIND DATE WE DIDNT KNOW WAT THE EVO HAD. CAMARO ON AN 180.SHOT WITH A .30 BORED AND STREET BRODIX HEADS THE CAMARO WAS CATCHING UP BUT IT WAS ONLY A 1/4 MILE RACE .
Old 12-14-2011, 05:14 PM
9 Second Club

I raced one on the street from light to light. His car was actually pretty fast. He said he was running 10.99's with it. Unfortunately he thought my car was pretty stock so it was over pretty quickly. Nice young man though. I waited for him at the next light.

He gave me the thumbs up same back at him and I asked him if he wanted to go again. He said no I think you emberrassed me enough already. I told him that his car seemed pretty fast and that's when he told me what he runs. He asked me about my car and I told him all the mods and he said that it's a dream of his to build a Turbo V8 like mine.

Clearly though I'm sure he picked on a lot of stock V8's out there and emberassed them. You just never know. We were both on drag radials.

Quick Reply: Ever get owned by a honda or another import?