Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Rare Bugatti Veyron 1/4 mile footage!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011 | 04:07 PM
12 Second Club

Thank you for the video. Wow I was expecting it be be louder? Amazing machine.
Old 12-30-2011 | 04:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by O.N.
Now what i dont understand is how can a 400ci LSX or even a 383 LS1 with only 1 turbo make as much if not more HP than this.

You would think being 16 cylinders and 4 hairdryers and 488ci (8.0L) that it would more likely be around 2000HP???

Didn't thompson Automotive make 2048HP out of a 400ci LSX twin turbo.
Add to that we have seen countless numbers of 450+ ci LSX Naturally Aspirtated combo's make over 1000hp.

Personally if i had 4 turbos 16 cylinders and 488 cubes i would want to to be over 2000HP.

If you don't understand that you either don't know enough about cars or you are just too stupid to put things together.

Not to mention you are comparing purpose built cars to a stock off the show room floor car.
look up active automotive he has 1 yellow GTO and 1 black GTO both running in the low 8's.

maybe not countless but there is certainly more and more poping up.
you also have nathan higgins who is now in the 7's

so if sams 433ci makes 1001HP shouldn't a 488ci N/A without 4 turbos still be kicking sams 433 considering it's nearly a full Liter less in capacity......just saying

Yeah sure this thing probably complies with euro 4 emmisions or whatever but still i'd like to think if i had 2 V8's bolted together and 4 turbos the thing would be making a bit more.

Basically i dont feel it's an engineering marvel cause the engine is huge and that power has been made with alot less.
You would expect it to be making alot more power than what it does for what type of engine it is.
Again, purpose built drag cars not even running 2 seconds fast than a bone stock car.

Can those cars do 250+Mph? Do that have 1% of the technology the Veyron has in it?

You ever watch the Sam cars or any of the other ones you listed make a pass? IF they make a clean pass, they end up having to change or fix things. This car can run 200+ MPH for several minutes on end then turn around and run bottom 10s with an average driver...... Stock.

You don't consider it a marvel cause you are ignorant/close minded/biased/etc etc etc... Has nothing to do with the car.

hence why some people twin turbo ferrari's and lambo's.

im not here to argue im just stating that 2 v8's bolted together more cubes than most v8's and not 1 not 2 but 4 turbos and it makes a lazy 1000hp. a 383 with 2 turbos makes that much and then some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y5I9nkiKkA
Lazy 1000Hp? What a tool.

I stopped posting so much in the past few months on the boards because of people like you. I'm done with it.
Old 12-30-2011 | 04:53 PM
Administrator

O.N. - I don't mean to be disrespectful, but your posts are extremely naive and they are so far off base that I don't even know where to start in terms of a response.
Old 12-30-2011 | 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Kudos to lemons, for saying everything I just wanted to say... except the not posting for a while part....

If you can't appreciate the Veyron for what it is, then there is something wrong in your head. And the Veyron vs. ZR1 (stock for stock) would most def. go to the veyron... Especially if it turned into a 1/2 or mile race, haha
Old 12-30-2011 | 06:57 PM
Banned

Yes a 1/2 mile would be very impressive i wonder what it would trap.
Old 12-30-2011 | 07:39 PM
12 Second Club

A Veyron can clock off a 9 second pass stock then go over 250+ (260+ if you get the SS) if you have enough room and you could drive it cross country in total luxury. It's STUPID fast, hooks like a **** from a dig, and yet is like a Rolls on the inside. Absolutely anyone could DD a Veyron because of how easy it is to drive, if you could afford the upkeep. Just because you make 1000+rwhp from half the cylinders and turbos doesn't mean you can compare it to the Veyron. It is meant to pass every law out there, emissions, safety, etc. as well as last for 100k miles. Please show me a ratted out race car that can do that...as well as that luxury thing I mentioned earlier.

Beans has it exactly right, Veyron = Concord. It was built just to say it was built.
Old 12-30-2011 | 08:24 PM
Teching In

I'd still take a venom gt, venom 1000 viper, or an underground viper for less than half the price
Old 12-30-2011 | 08:28 PM
11 Second Club

A Viper will beat the hell out of you after driving far.
Originally Posted by garner
I'd still take a venom gt, venom 1000 viper, or an underground viper for less than half the price
Old 12-30-2011 | 08:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by unit213
O.N. - I don't mean to be disrespectful, but your posts are extremely naive and they are so far off base that I don't even know where to start in terms of a response.
lol couldn't have said it better. I was actually in aw reading such ignorance.
Old 12-30-2011 | 09:55 PM
Launching!

The car is an amazing machine. Anyone who enjoys cars, modding, or anything auto tech related, should be able to enjoy a Veyron and see why it is a much more complete car and "work of art" then any highly modded rattle trap. A modded ZR1 could catch it for less then 1/4 the price, but its still not a Veyron. It's a Corvette with a Supercharger, cool.
Old 12-30-2011 | 10:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by O-FiveCC
The car is an amazing machine. Anyone who enjoys cars, modding, or anything auto tech related, should be able to enjoy a Veyron and see why it is a much more complete car and "work of art" then any highly modded rattle trap. A modded ZR1 could catch it for less then 1/4 the price, but its still not a Veyron. It's a Corvette with a Supercharger, cool.
It better be, for 1.7 million dollars.

IMHO, no production car on planet earth is worth that much $, regardless of how many cylinders or turbos it comes with. It is a sick car though.
Old 12-30-2011 | 10:41 PM
Launching!

I can understand. Since I'm a low-jo, I could take a Z06, 392 Chally, or hell my GTO and give me 50k to put into it, and I would **** all over everything on the street. Of course, if I made 50 mil last year, then i guess I wouldn't care about anything but opinion.
Old 12-30-2011 | 10:51 PM
Banned

I think you ppl need to get off this Veryrons nutts!!..this thing cost like what?..1.5 or 1.7 MILLION dollars! No car is worth that much. I could careless if it does do 250+mph..who the hell needs to do 250+mph?..ever? hitting a bump in the road at those speeds would ensure instant death. It is a very impressive car, and I'm not doubting that at all very very bad *** indeed!..just should be faster @ it's power level. I get told all the time my car should've already been in the 10's for the mods it has and it's @ only 520RWHP and it's my DD, can pass emissions ( wich I did in Texas when stationed there), full weight, A/C and everyting else still on it..well..how bout this 1000+hp AWD 1.7 million dollar car?..why are'nt ppl jumping all over it for only running low 10's?..AWD with 1000hp seems like easy 8 second time slips if you ask me. Give me only 200k $$ and see if I cant' have an engine and car built that can withstand minutes of making 1000 or more HP, or do 250+mph for extended times and STILL be emissions legal (anything is possible with the money but 500k+$$ is'nt required). Except I would do it with only a V8 and 1 turbo. Lets get real here ppl, you are paying for it's NAME..NOT it's performance. I know I'ma get some heat from all the Euro super car lovers that say "oh but it's a Buggati" and "Oh your so niave and nothing can comapre to a Veryon"..really? or is that just what the makers of the buggati and the media have led you to believe. Grow some Ballz guys!!..This is America!! Our cars do things better for way less money. I bet nobody thought the new 2011 5.0 stang would beat the new BMW M3 on the road course and the drag strip . They had the same performance and the 5.0 cost a good bit less. Did you guy's say " Oh, but it's a BMW and some cheapo mustang just cant' compare"??. Cars are all made from the same stuff, metal, alluminum, plastic, leather, carbon fiber ect ect....come on and bring the **** storm, bust first check to make sure your American ***** have fully dropped before you comment back lol
Old 12-30-2011 | 11:05 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
I think you ppl need to get off this Veryrons nutts!!..this thing cost like what?..1.5 or 1.7 MILLION dollars! No car is worth that much. I could careless if it does do 2501000hp seems like easy 8 second time slips if you ask me. Give me only 200k $$ and see if I cant' have an engine and car built that can withstand minutes of making 1000 or more HP, or do 250+mph for extended times and STILL be emissions legal (anything is possible with the money but 500k+$$ is'nt required). Except I would do it with only a V8 and 1 turbo. Lets get real here ppl, you are paying for it's NAME..NOT it's performance. I know I'ma get some heat from all the Euro super car lovers that say "oh but it's a Buggati" and "Oh your so niave and nothing can comapre to a Veryon"..really? or is that just what the makers of the buggati and the media have led you to believe. Grow some Ballz guys!!..This is America!! Our cars do things better for way less money. I bet nobody thought the new 2011 5.0 stang would beat the new BMW M3 on the road course and the drag strip . They had the same performance and the 5.0 cost a good bit less. Did you guy's say " Oh, but it's a BMW and some cheapo mustang just cant' compare"??. Cars are all made from the same stuff, metal, alluminum, plastic, leather, carbon fiber ect ect....come on and bring the **** storm, bust first check to make sure your American ***** have fully dropped before you comment back lol usa:
Wow. Really?
Amazing disrespect to this vehicle.
Old 12-30-2011 | 11:06 PM
Launching!

Nice post^^^I an't say I disagree with you. Take a Z06 C6 for example. Capable of high 10's stock. Put 50k into the car, motor, trans, and suspension. I bet you have a car running 8's that will be all you can handle on any road you will see. sure, it doesn't look like a veyron, but are most of us into looks?
Old 12-30-2011 | 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not to mention they are bound by the limitations of tires. IIRC they had to do tons of research before they could up the boost for the SS model because even after the research was done they are still proving into uncharted terriotry when it comes to these new top speeds they are reaching. In my opinion cars can only go so fast. Cramming turbos onto big blocks and ripping 300+ mph 1/4 miles are one thing, but sustained top end runs is something completely different.

Also, if you take driveablity into account the Veyron is in a league of its own. From interior comfort to, to power delivery it just cannot be compared to any of the cars we mod up and drive.

Sure is it impressive? YES
Is it what i would dump my money into if i was F'N RICHHH... no probably not even still

I like rough driving... violent... ridiculous cars

Is it a ******* masterpiece? By ever means of comparison... YES

Its not nutswinging when its a fact
Old 12-30-2011 | 11:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Wow. Really?
Amazing disrespect to this vehicle.
like I said, grow some ballz ppl. I did'nt dissrespt the car either!. I actually very plainly said it was a very bad *** car indeed!. Atleast I see a couple of other ppl posting up on this thread that do atleast agree with me..they are either real men, or real American men who know they can do better for less money " Oh, but it's a buggati!" lol you guys trip me out.
Old 12-30-2011 | 11:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by O-FiveCC
Nice post^^^I an't say I disagree with you. Take a Z06 C6 for example. Capable of high 10's stock. Put 50k into the car, motor, trans, and suspension. I bet you have a car running 8's that will be all you can handle on any road you will see. sure, it doesn't look like a veyron, but are most of us into looks?
Thank you sir for sounding like a true redblooded, beer drinking, American man . I bet all those ppl who keep saying things like " It's an exotic and no POS American car can compare" they all go home and drink white wine and have sex with thier wives in the missionary position lol
Old 12-30-2011 | 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
like I said, grow some ballz ppl. I did'nt dissrespt the car either!. I actually very plainly said it was a very bad *** car indeed!. Atleast I see a couple of other ppl posting up on this thread that do atleast agree with me..they are either real men, or real American men who know they can do better for less money " Oh, but it's a buggati!" lol you guys trip me out.
Old 12-30-2011 | 11:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Not to mention they are bound by the limitations of tires. IIRC they had to do tons of research before they could up the boost for the SS model because even after the research was done they are still proving into uncharted terriotry when it comes to these new top speeds they are reaching. In my opinion cars can only go so fast. Cramming turbos onto big blocks and ripping 300+ mph 1/4 miles are one thing, but sustained top end runs is something completely different.

Also, if you take driveablity into account the Veyron is in a league of its own. From interior comfort to, to power delivery it just cannot be compared to any of the cars we mod up and drive.

Sure is it impressive? YES
Is it what i would dump my money into if i was F'N RICHHH... no probably not even still

I like rough driving... violent... ridiculous cars

Is it a ******* masterpiece? By ever means of comparison... YES

Its not nutswinging when its a fact
I have to agree with you there man and I cant' knock on anything you said. If I ever hit the lotto I would buy a ZR1, throw another 200k into it and have some sort of AWD sytem made for it along with giving it an engine to be able to sustain high speed and high rpms for extended times and make 1000 RWHP very reliably, and I would also redo the entire interior and replace alot of the cheap part with some custom fabbed lether and what not. I would create it just to beat the bugatti at any and everything, and do it all for maybe 300k. Even still tho there would be those homo's that would pop up and say "even if you beat that Veryon at any and everything, it's still not a Veryon it's a corvette"..I would just give them a big

Quick Reply: Rare Bugatti Veyron 1/4 mile footage!