Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GTP vs bolt on LS1 SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way, what cam do you have in your GTP?
Its a custom grind by Paul or PRJ Performance. It's his LL cam. If you have anything to do with 3800 performance, you know PRJ. He's out of Morristown Indiana but travels from east coast to west for builds. He helped build the worlds fastest whipple grand prix.

Anyway cam specs are as follows (from what I can find):

Duration @ .050" 214º/220º
Intake Lift .305" (1.6 Rockers .488, 1.8 Rockers .549)
Exhaust Lift .285" (1.6 Rockers .456, 1.8 Rockers .513)
ICA: 113°
LSA: 114°
Old 01-19-2012, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctic
ok, you a little ways away then

if it truly didn't bug you, you would have never even acknowledged anything any of us have said. but with this thread going as many pages as it has with most of them filled with you arguing with everyone you cant say no one has gotten under your skin.
Why oh why? Now the lil' pissy troll is going to flare up yet another pms induced bitchstorm.

GTP4LIFE... lol
Old 01-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Banned

ok, you a little ways away then

if it truly didn't bug you, you would have never even acknowledged anything any of us have said. but with this thread going as many pages as it has with most of them filled with you arguing with everyone you cant say no one has gotten under your skin.
So just because I corrected other people's ignorance means they ''got under my skin''? lol okay, buddy. Like I implied earlier. I've been laughing my *** off at most of the clowns in this thread. And you're one of them.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by namos
Its a custom grind by Paul or PRJ Performance. It's his LL cam. If you have anything to do with 3800 performance, you know PRJ. He's out of Morristown Indiana but travels from east coast to west for builds. He helped build the worlds fastest whipple grand prix.

Anyway cam specs are as follows (from what I can find):

Duration @ .050" 214º/220º
Intake Lift .305" (1.6 Rockers .488, 1.8 Rockers .549)
Exhaust Lift .285" (1.6 Rockers .456, 1.8 Rockers .513)
ICA: 113°
LSA: 114°
Yes I know of Paul. From what I've heard he really knows his stuff on the 3800. I've heard good things about the custom cams from him also.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're shitting me...this thread is still going.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by willizm
Edit, btw do you have any pics of the Ford GT?
Miss that car.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FuryZ28
So just because I corrected other people's facts with my ignorance means they ''got under my skin''? lol okay, buddy. Like I implied earlier. I've been crying most of the week in this thread. And you're my hero.
fixed
Old 01-19-2012, 03:43 PM
TECH Resident

Who wouldn't...
Originally Posted by RON 95ZR1
Miss that car.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Teching In

^lol. Yeah I know.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Banned

fixed
Wow, you're a witty one, aren't you?! Lmao
Old 01-19-2012, 04:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by namos
What I was saying is... that it was cheap as hell to mod my GT (not even GTP) and make it a fun/fast car. Perspective... a GT off of craigslist right now is 2.5k with 80k miles on it. Fully loaded, leather, heads up display, dual climate, you name it. Put 4 k into it in mods and you have a GTP (top swap and higher compression) that runs 12s.

What you cant have is a 6k (total) vette.. unless it was in the bottom of a lake or some ****. Get it?

As for having trouble modding my z28 for cheap.. I am having trouble yes. Headers cost more, tune cost more, intakes cost more, yadda yadda. Im not saying that mod for mod my ls1 cant be quicker for the price.. im saying that the actual components are more expensive. Lol and yeah the should be imho
https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...few-hours.html

She has less than 4,200$ in this car. I can't say what it runs because we haven't taken it to the track. However, it pulled my buddies car. He ran mid-high 8s (1/8) before the LTs/ORY/cutout/ported TB... He should be at low 8s the way it sits right now. Which would be a solid 12 second car, in not so amazing DA. I would bet her car is a 12.7-12.8 car the way it sits. Full exhaust is about to go on, then ls6 intake, then a tune...
Exhaust= 500$ (Going with Stainless headers)
Ls6 intake= 275$
Tune= 200$ (Full dyno tune)
342 rear end/aluminum drive shaft= Already bought just needs to be installed

I have zero doubt the car will run in the 7s with those tunes, low low 12s in the 1/4. At that point, give or take 50-100$, she will have 5,175$ in the COMPLETE car... That is including buying the car and all the money we have spent down to gas to go get the parts/car and zip ties for the wire mod and electrical tape.. Yes, appearance mods are in that total as well.
So for 5,175$ I have a LOW 12 second car (trapping WAY higher than a GTP).. You have almost a full grand more than me running several tenths and several mph slower. Add another 550$ for a brand new PTC 4000 converter and it is now a solid 11.6-11.8 car, still under 6,000$. Not much I can do to move the ET at that point and keep it under 6,000$ so lets spend that other money on cosmetic upgrades, yea?

I can also tell you about my buddies 00 Z28 that has right at 4,600$ in it right now, this is the one we raced (With full exhaust)... Or my old Trans Am I have SERIOUSLY contemplated buying back for 4,750$... Full exhaust/410s/blah blah.. Spinning its *** of on street tires it ran 8.0s@90mph.

What you can't have is a GTP keep up in stock form, mod for mod, $ for $, or anything else. It is a ******* V6.

You guys are trying to pass it off as if they are the new "bang for the buck"... They aren't, Ls1s are. This is widely known and excepted by MANY platforms. If your theory was the case, everyone on a tight budget that wanted to run quick would buy a GTP. I don't seem them selling like hot cakes.

Lol so let me get this straight. You've been purposely trying to ''**** with me'' just because you can't handle all the facts that I've posted? And I'M the butt hurt ''troll''? LOL the fact that you're even still talking about my sig just screams butt hurt on your end. Sounds like I'M the one getting under YOUR skin and making the impact on YOUR sad little life. Yep, that's it.

I agree that there's no way for a Vette to drop 3 seconds off it's ET for that little money. Unless you're paying for the parts with sexual favors.
I have no reason to keep repeating myself to you... It is painfully obvious you are stupid. Can't handle what facts you have posted? I have not seen a single fact you have posted have anything to do with what I have said throughout this entire thread. AGAIN, find it! I'll be waiting!!

I think it is absolutely awesome you have that in your sig, not sure how that makes me butt hurt? People can actually click that little blue arrow and read this thread, that is amazing. You are spreading it showing your posts.
You aren't the only noob that thinks they got under my skin. One of two things will happen. I will get sick of you and you will quit your bull **** or you will be banned. That I promise.

He didn't drop 3 seconds off his ET for 4,000$. He dropped right around 2 off, not even quite 2. Give me 4,000$ and a stock Ls1 and I will drop way more than that, to drop what he dropped with 4,000$ I wouldn't need but around 1,800-2,000$ (buying mainly brand new parts). Hell for 550$ I will drop .7 off. Another few hundred bucks and I will give you one full second. I have 3,000$ left over, you think I could manage to pull another second or two out of it?

I have no reason to prove anything to you. I have done it to plenty of "you" before. You will come and pass just like the rest of them, whether it is your choice or not.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats a nice gt! The zr1 is nicer
Old 01-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lemons12

I have no reason to keep repeating myself to you... It is painfully obvious you are stupid. Can't handle what facts you have posted? I have not seen a single fact you have posted have anything to do with what I have said throughout this entire thread. AGAIN, find it! I'll be waiting!!

I think it is absolutely awesome you have that in your sig, not sure how that makes me butt hurt? People can actually click that little blue arrow and read this thread, that is amazing. You are spreading it showing your posts.
You aren't the only noob that thinks they got under my skin. One of two things will happen. I will get sick of you and you will quit your bull **** or you will be banned. That I promise.

He didn't drop 3 seconds off his ET for 4,000$. He dropped right around 2 off, not even quite 2. Give me 4,000$ and a stock Ls1 and I will drop way more than that, to drop what he dropped with 4,000$ I wouldn't need but around 1,800-2,000$ (buying mainly brand new parts). Hell for 550$ I will drop .7 off. Another few hundred bucks and I will give you one full second. I have 3,000$ left over, you think I could manage to pull another second or two out of it?

I have no reason to prove anything to you. I have done it to plenty of "you" before. You will come and pass just like the rest of them, whether it is your choice or not.
My god you are ignorant, kid. He said his GTP runs LOW 12's for 4k, and that's WITH the upgraded trans. So probably around 2k in go fast mods. Go back and read.

So you're saying that GTP's run better than low 14's stock? Lmao! A lot of them run low 15's. Are you capable of simple math such as this? What's 15 minus 12, genius? It's not 2 lol. Once AGAIN, you were just proved wrong. How does that salt taste, Jr??
Old 01-19-2012, 05:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My god you are ignorant, kid. He said his GTP runs LOW 12's for 4k, and that's WITH the upgraded trans. So probably around 2k in go fast mods. Go back and read.

So you're saying that GTP's run better than low 14's stock? Lmao! A lot of them run low 15's. Are you capable of simple math such as this? What's 15 minus 12, genius? It's not 2 lol. Once AGAIN, you were just proved wrong. How does that salt taste, Jr??
How old are you?

Put 4 k into it in mods and you have a GTP (top swap and higher compression) that runs 12s.
He said put 4K$ into it.. That would make the total 6,500$. And he said you would have a 12 second car. A high 12 second car.
My math is fine, I actually thought they were in the 14s stock. I care nothing for stock cars times, I care even less for bolt on cars or cam only cars or cars with pulleys that are still in the 12s. Why would I? I run similar times on motor to some of the baddest full drag car GTPs posted up. Impressive?

Again... 2K$ in mods... Get you what? mid-high 12s AT BEST, if you find deals and know what the hell you are doing, this is SO FAR from the norm it is funny.

2K$ for an ls1 is a SOLID high 11 second car full weight in normal DA with average joe modding. You can't compare the two, there is no comparison.

Yes, you got me... Again.

Your POS sucks, the GTP sucks, I can go on but you get the picture.... Picture=https://ls1tech.com/forums/15860351-post73.html
Old 01-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lemons12

He said put 4K$ into it.. That would make the total 6,500$. And he said you would have a 12 second car. A high 12 second car.
My math is fine, I actually thought they were in the 14s stock. I care nothing for stock cars times, I care even less for bolt on cars or cam only cars or cars with pulleys that are still in the 12s. Why would I? I run similar times on motor to some of the baddest full drag car GTPs posted up. Impressive?

Again... 2K$ in mods... Get you what? mid-high 12s AT BEST, if you find deals and know what the hell you are doing, this is SO FAR from the norm it is funny.

2K$ for an ls1 is a SOLID high 11 second car full weight in normal DA with average joe modding. You can't compare the two, there is no comparison.

Yes, you got me... Again.

Your POS sucks, the GTP sucks, I can go on but you get the picture.... Picture=https://ls1tech.com/forums/15860351-post73.html
Read his initial comment, Jr. He said his car runs LOW 12's. That's THREE seconds faster than a lot of stock GTP's. Go back to math/reading class, jr.

He also said he did the ENTIRE build for less than $4k WITH a rebuilt trans. $2k in mods can get an L67 into the 11's if you know what you're doing.

And no one cares what your car runs. That's has ZERO to do with anything I've said in the entire thread. You're too thick headed and narrow minded to realize this though. Keep it up though, I haven't laughed this hard in awhile.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

This thread would suck without FuryZ28...lmao
Old 01-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Fury can you show us some pics of your mystic teal Z28 and your silvermist GTP?
Old 01-19-2012, 06:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Srt4King
Fury can you show us some pics of your mystic teal Z28 and your silvermist GTP?
And the trailer that they're parked next to also...
Old 01-19-2012, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
And the trailer that they're parked next to also...
FuryZ-28 can we see some pictures of your nice cars? I dont live in a trailer but some people do that is there home.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Why does Mystic TRY to have people dislike him? I don't get it.

Quick Reply: GTP vs bolt on LS1 SS