Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Grand Prix Vs. RSX

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 06:28 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

By slpsscamaro at 2012-01-19 op good kill but i think he had one of these for a turbo lol
Old 01-23-2012, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clonedws6
Videos....

I beat a 08 z06 in my stock gto, no videos though

See how that works.
Did he know you were racing him. A c6 zo6 would run a train on any stock -mildly modded GTO. The leg would be your car and the little green guy the zo6
Old 01-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
You beat a very poorly setup car or it wasnt turboed. I cant see even a basic build be much less then 300whp which is enough for mid 12's and low 11x
So a 200 something HP car is an 11 sec car, huh? A stock RSX is a mid 15 sec car...so adding a turbo will knock 4 seconds off, huh? Yeah...

I agree that I should've gotten it on vid....

It was a turbo car & I beat it. I didn't look under the guys hood so...Maybe, MAYBE it wasn't...but I doubt it.

No point in arguing this though...as stated, I should have gotten it on video. Really didn't think it would be hard to believe.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I wasn't aware turbo RSX's aren't capable of breaking out of the 14's
A stock as a rock RSX Type S is a mid 14 second car if you drive it like you hate it, ie 6000-7000rpm clutch dump and powershifting like a boss. A turbocharged one is not something to be sneezed at IMO, as it should run mid 12's to an 11 second et if its set up right.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by clonedws6
Thus is why i say we need a video rule.
There's no reason for a video rule. Hell, when videos are posted it usually sparks more questions, debate, and drama than when people just tell the story.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

I say good kill and I completely believe it!!!!! fwd is just the wrong way to go..hell maybe he was even spinning (doubtful)....probably just an rsx with an ebay turbo kit pushing 4psi without a tune.... and on a video rule....it's not like he went out for a setup race he was on lunch break LOL. Guess we all need to carry cameras in our car at all times
Old 01-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 84lsvette
I say good kill and I completely believe it!!!!! fwd is just the wrong way to go..hell maybe he was even spinning (doubtful)....probably just an rsx with an ebay turbo kit pushing 4psi without a tune.... and on a video rule....it's not like he went out for a setup race he was on lunch break LOL. Guess we all need to carry cameras in our car at all times
Well my car is FWD too....but my car makes 325tq (stock flywheel & I have a couple of mods) I doubt he was making near that. I doubt he made 275 hp.

I absolutely murdered a LT1 TA (& he atleast had exhaust) Sunday from 40-100. Don't know why killing an RSX is so hard to believe?? Maybe I don't know enough about Hondas/Acuras, but from what I'm reading...I'm not impressed. Scion, Hondas, Acuras, etc... without some SERIOUS mods, seem to be very unimpressive.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AronZ28
A stock as a rock RSX Type S is a mid 14 second car if you drive it like you hate it, ie 6000-7000rpm clutch dump and powershifting like a boss. A turbocharged one is not something to be sneezed at IMO, as it should run mid 12's to an 11 second et if its set up right.
I know, I was being sarcastic. I know what they are capable of
Originally Posted by gixper
I absolutely murdered a LT1 TA (& he atleast had exhaust) Sunday from 40-100. Don't know why killing an RSX is so hard to believe?? Maybe I don't know enough about Hondas/Acuras, but from what I'm reading...I'm not impressed. Scion, Hondas, Acuras, etc... without some SERIOUS mods, seem to be very unimpressive.
I doubt you killed a well driven and maintained full exhaust LT1 TA. I'll just put it that way - I raced quite a few modded GP GXP's back in the days when I owned my TA and lets just say it wasn't pretty for them.

It is just hard to believe you beat a well setup turbo RSX with myself knowing what they are capable of

Anything can happen on the streets though. You must be the select breed of LS4 owners that don't act like their 14 second car is hard to launch from a dig.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I know, I was being sarcastic. I know what they are capable of

I doubt you killed a well driven and maintained full exhaust LT1 TA. I'll just put it that way - I raced quite a few modded GP GXP's back in the days when I owned my TA and lets just say it wasn't pretty for them.

It is just hard to believe you beat a well setup turbo RSX with myself knowing what they are capable of

Anything can happen on the streets though. You must be the select breed of LS4 owners that don't act like their 14 second car is hard to launch from a dig.
I don't know how well maintained it was...but I can tell you that I have never lost to an LT1. I know you used to own one...but that doesn't mean that LT1>LS4. Stock v. Stock, LS4 wins.

In regards to the RSX...I have no idea how "well" it was set up. What I do know is (wait for it).....he lost.

Now don't misconstrue what I'm saying; I'm not saying LS4s are easy to launch/drive (I say drive because of TQ steer) & I don't believe that my car is "Fast"... but "stockish" v. "stockish" an LS4 car is faster than an LT1, 2v Stang GT, and (unless I've just not raced the right driver) a 3v Stang GT.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can tell you that I have never lost to an LT1. I know you used to own one...but that doesn't mean that LT1>LS4. Stock v. Stock, LS4 wins.
I'd say bone stock vs bone stock, they would be close. Both cars generally run low 14's @ ~97-100 stock.
but "stockish" v. "stockish" an LS4 car is faster than an LT1, 2v Stang GT, and (unless I've just not raced the right driver) a 3v Stang GT.
I've failed to experience these same comments in real life. When compare fastest times, LT1 and LS4 are close, but most LS4 guys struggle to make the low 13's with bolt-ons that is easily obtainable for LT1 f-bodies. Now this is all comparing apples to oranges, as they are set up completely different.

I wouldn't mind a GP GXP as a DD tho. Would definitely be a lot better than my old 03 Eclipse I replaced with the truck
Old 01-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Teching In

So a 200 something HP car is an 11 sec car, huh? A stock RSX is a mid 15 sec car...so adding a turbo will knock 4 seconds off, huh? Yeah...

I agree that I should've gotten it on vid....

It was a turbo car & I beat it. I didn't look under the guys hood so...Maybe, MAYBE it wasn't...but I doubt it.

No point in arguing this though...as stated, I should have gotten it on video. Really didn't think it would be hard to believe.
Wow did you read my post? I said mid 12's and 11x MPH, TRAP SPEED, at 300whp not stock. Which would cook you from a roll
Old 01-24-2012, 07:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess I'll just leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2KCIU-mf0g
Old 01-24-2012, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by willizm
I guess I'll just leave this here.
Wow....
Old 01-24-2012, 07:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZFreie
Wow....
BTW, I'm not directing that in anyway toward anyone in this thread. It does explain some of the other more recent banned members though.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:32 PM

I just feel bad in general after watching that.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS

By slpsscamaro at 2012-01-19 op good kill but i think he had one of these for a turbo lol
hmmm man I want these.... Who needs sts when you got these bad guns
Old 01-25-2012, 08:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Wow did you read my post? I said mid 12's and 11x MPH, TRAP SPEED, at 300whp not stock. Which would cook you from a roll
Oh my bad, that was in reply to your first post...didn't see the other, but I see you have a dog in this fight. It's cool man...not saying that I can beat all turbo RSXs or anything....but I did beat that one. He lives somewhere in my vicinity, so I'm sure I'll run into him again. I'll see if I can set something up on vid. And then we'll see if he did indeed have a turbo or that other thing.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Launching!

I don't know how well maintained it was...but I can tell you that I have never lost to an LT1. I know you used to own one...but that doesn't mean that LT1>LS4. Stock v. Stock, LS4 wins.

In regards to the RSX...I have no idea how "well" it was set up. What I do know is (wait for it).....he lost.

Now don't misconstrue what I'm saying; I'm not saying LS4s are easy to launch/drive (I say drive because of TQ steer) & I don't believe that my car is "Fast"... but "stockish" v. "stockish" an LS4 car is faster than an LT1, 2v Stang GT, and (unless I've just not raced the right driver) a 3v Stang GT.
Wrong. A well driven 96/97 Camaro SS would smoke a LS4 car stock for stock. I'd put my money on a stock one vs. a full bolt-on LS4. I don't even think a base LT1 Z28 would have a problem pulling one. What do the LS4 cars run stock? Mid 14's at less than 100?
Old 01-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Wrong. A well driven 96/97 Camaro SS would smoke a LS4 car stock for stock. I'd put my money on a stock one vs. a full bolt-on LS4. I don't even think a base LT1 Z28 would have a problem pulling one. What do the LS4 cars run stock? Mid 14's at less than 100?
Then you would lose money.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Launching!

Then you would lose money.
Just sayin'. Both cars make similar power, GXP is a good 100 lbs heavier; the LT1 is RWD. It's a no brainer really.