Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

06 M5
Old 01-25-2012, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JLoosh
I figured but asked anyways.

Hes one of those where ford is god, anything else sucks no matter what.

I did text him throughout the day though, and we got talking (no trash talking) and he admitted I may have him if he cant get traction.

May wait till I get the lt's on my car and see how it goes in the spring for the hell of it
just to clarify......you say hes a ford lover but then you say 06 m5. does he have a BMW m5 or a mustang with a 5 speed? just not making much sense. if he is a mustang you will wax that ***. i gotta think mustang where you said 4.10's
Old 01-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
And FWIW, there are small-bore LS3 heads available too.
They are aftermarket castings that simply resemble the L92/LS3 heads in that they are rectangular ports. That's like.... well comparing any number of aftermarket parts to OEM parts that look similar.
Originally Posted by 85mustang351
You will get mauled.
Hardly. I bet the LS1 still traps higher, which simply means the stang COULD have a hole shot advantage if the Fbody owner acts like so, so many of the LS1 fbody owners.

^^^Notice how I said "LS1 fbody owners" and not just fbody owners? Because the LT1 guys knew the importance of traction and launching in order to take full advantage of that awesome torque there motors make.

LS1 guys tend toward sloppy in the complete build department and simply go for quick power upgrades with almost purposefully crappy suspension/tire/stock rearend setups.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:21 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by blakez28
My buddy has a convertible 2v with h/c and a 3.73 gear. Best time to date was a 13.99....
Damn your friend sucks at driving . Even if it's an older 2V with an OEM PI head/cam swap, he should be able to do a little better than that.
Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I have seen them go high 13s stock(hardtop 5 speed car)
They are certainly capable of doing it. But that will start a fight here.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
They are aftermarket castings that simply resemble the L92/LS3 heads in that they are rectangular ports. That's like.... well comparing any number of aftermarket parts to OEM parts that look similar.

Hardly. I bet the LS1 still traps higher, which simply means the stang COULD have a hole shot advantage if the Fbody owner acts like so, so many of the LS1 fbody owners.

^^^Notice how I said "LS1 fbody owners" and not just fbody owners? Because the LT1 guys knew the importance of traction and launching in order to take full advantage of that awesome torque there motors make.

LS1 guys tend toward sloppy in the complete build department and simply go for quick power upgrades with almost purposefully crappy suspension/tire/stock rearend setups.
From the dyno #s I've seen the lt1s making more tq down low is kinda a myth.

Granted, Ill take props for being bundled in the group that has the driver mod, or atleast the smart driver mod. I don't care what anyone says, spinning aint winning.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Haha I can see the confusion. I did mean 06 mustang gt with the m5
Old 01-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Teching In

Haha I can see the confusion. I did mean 06 mustang gt with the m5
OOOOOOOO well that makes sense. I thought you really thought you could take down an m5 in a stock ls1. It would be a good race with the mustang. Very slight advantage to mustang due to gearing but Im with the guy earlier that thinks you would trap higher.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Teching In

With that setup (4.10-CAI+tune) on 255 BFGs I ran 8.5 in the 1/8th. Pretty much sea level.
I'm a heavier vert, not really a big deal IMO.
Compare what a stock LS1 can do and do the math.
I'd think the longer the race, the better for the LS1 (assuming it needs to run it down).
Old 01-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
Cool story bro. If you are in a bar in the morning, you might have a problem.
Some of us really like to party...

Originally Posted by 85mustang351
2v mustang guys are sounding more and more like ricers. He could hang around till about 55 then itll get ugly.
I help run a well known Mustang site, and I can attest to this statement. It seems like all of younger guys on my site haven't a clue about where there 2v ranks on the food chain..

mustangs are not bad cars, they look nice, are pretty quick, the thing that gets me is the drivers that try to make them out to be something they arn't.

Now there is an older couple in town that own some 8 second fox body mustangs...now that would kill me, but those are strictly drag cars from what Ive heard
Mustangs look, good some run good. The same can be said for cars of all other manufacturers...
Old 01-26-2012, 05:49 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Damn it-

Quick Reply: mustang's talking crap again