Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Roll on 02 SS stick vs. 98 Z28 auto

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adamantium
Nice ricer flyby.
I believe the proper slang term would've been "Bullshit pass".I guess you could say that it was a cheap shot but,I say thats lil stretch seeing how I gave him a 40'-50' headstart.I have a video showing the approach before the vehicle in front of him turned.It clearly shows both of us almost stop.Hey,you guys cant blame me for his traction woes,I didnt tell him to buy them cookie cutters.

In reality,I posted this only to rant and share a story where karma favored me for once.I didnt feel bad one bit for giving this guy a good spanky spank after he pulled some real ricer **** on the freeway.

Ok,I want to clear up the comment about the second race being cut short due to traffic.The car in ? was in front of me when he let off.I think in the begining there maybe a split sec. shot shown of the car,reguardless if it doesent,it is what it is.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice kills man the 2 vid he had about another 3-4 cars he could of raced still till he let out. The 2nd race you didn't leave him like you did on your first one..
Old 02-12-2012, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

slow... cars just wanna have , just a wanna just a wanna have fun now! lol

Post something up when you get some clean honk offs and all this traction **** figured out. I fixed that issue with drag radials
Old 02-13-2012, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1Bad97WS-6
nice kills man the 2 vid he had about another 3-4 cars he could of raced still till he let out. The 2nd race you didn't leave him like you did on your first one..
Each vid posted was a diffrent car.The vid with the red Z was +/- 2 months before.When like I said my car wasent quite what it is now. Far as tractions concerned what do you (mr. I need to go find a better race) recomend thats above the my current MT 315/35/17 drag radials.IF you want me to find a better race.How bout you come down to Ca. and show me what a good race is.Dont sweat it,I will bolt ons some mo parts for you sugar puss. :-)
Old 02-13-2012, 02:03 PM
11 Second Club

Waste of my gas. 315 MT's ftw though. I run mt's as well
Old 02-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CamaroZ28_LS1
Waste of my gas. 315 MT's ftw though. I run mt's as well
I think OP forgot to read ur sig before the challenge was issued. Good running camaro tho
Old 02-13-2012, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

maybe lol. Looks like that guy who lit his tires up in front let out as soon as the OP was passing.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SincalT/A
It pains me to say this but,so far its been a struggle to get a clean run against 4th or 5th gen.Camaro or a C5-6.I mean WTF is up with the cat an mouse **** running in an out of traffic its jus plain stupid,and dangerous.I wont chase anyone but, If it works out I will follow for a bit..Hey for me,you either wanna run nice clean definative pass or you dont its that simple.****,the damn Mustang guys around here get it,hell even the skittles do.To sum up the vid this fella with a clean SS got cornered into a run after his lil freeway fly by shananagens.Started around a 10 roll you can see he was on it right with me from his pass. tire smoke "damn torsens lol" I spun too only it was more of a drift around him.All I gotta say is that **** was damn fun an well worth the wait and frustrations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRhpF...1&feature=plcp

so wait? you're calling someone ELSE dangerous? while YOU pick a street race, AND film it AND turn the camera to face out the rear window while you're racing?

how exactly would you explain that to the police when you broadside the car that pulled out in front of you that you didn't see because you were too dam busy filming out the back window?
Old 02-14-2012, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1ltcap
so wait? you're calling someone ELSE dangerous? while YOU pick a street race, AND film it AND turn the camera to face out the rear window while you're racing?

how exactly would you explain that to the police when you broadside the car that pulled out in front of you that you didn't see because you were too dam busy filming out the back window?
To be honest with you IDK.? Never really thought about that siuation.Damn it...jus occured to me,I cant explain **** to the cops cause, I dont know a lick of spanish.Shoot,They`d lock me up for good down there if that happened.Im sure glad I moved back to CA.THX. BRO~MIGO` :-)
Old 02-14-2012, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

in mexico? they'd lock you up, and beat the ever loving **** out of you for being that stupid......like cops here should be allowed to get away with.

if you're gonna street race....at least pay the hell attention to what's in front of you. what's behind you isn't important.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes Mexico,Thats where I shoot all my street racing.® BTW: I dont know bout you but,my arm is not attached to my face.Also this is the 1st sucess in many attempts at no look filming.The previous attempts were......I dont know how to explain it but,I figure street racing with the Blair Witch camera crew would`ve made a fitting title.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 85mustang351
I think OP forgot to read ur sig before the challenge was issued. Good running camaro tho
I looked at his sig. but,so far all I can think of is him scrambling for gears to run down the lil ls1 that did.FYI.my car is short jus weight reduction to make the top ten bolt on cars.The bottle more then makes up for the weight though.You fellas would take me more serious if the concept of diffences in et`s street vs. track car + reaction time ever made it through yo thick *** head. *SEE SIG FOR CLEARICATION.

Last edited by SincalT/A; 02-14-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SincalT/A
Yes Mexico,Thats where I shoot all my street racing.® BTW: I dont know bout you but,my arm is not attached to my face.Also this is the 1st sucess in many attempts at no look filming.The previous attempts were......I dont know how to explain it but,I figure street racing with the Blair Witch camera crew would`ve made a fitting title.
it doesn't matter if you're looking back or not. if you're aiming that camera backwards, you're concentrating on it. if you're concentrating on that, you're not concentrating on what's going on in front of you, even if you are looking forward.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it doesn't matter if you're looking back or not. if you're aiming that camera backwards, you're concentrating on it. if you're concentrating on that, you're not concentrating on what's going on in front of you, even if you are looking forward.
I hope your kidding....just because some of you have the hand eye coordination of a walrus, dosn't mean that some of us can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ZFreie
I hope your kidding....just because some of you have the hand eye coordination of a walrus, dosn't mean that some of us can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.
no, i'm not kidding...and i've got better hand eye coordination than you'll ever have.....

it's called distracted. people have caused bad accidents doing less distracting things than filming the car in in back. i've seen too manty of them,. i'm sure the cops on here will agree.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no, i'm not kidding...and i've got better hand eye coordination than you'll ever have.....

it's called distracted. people have caused bad accidents doing less distracting things than filming the car in in back. i've seen too manty of them,. i'm sure the cops on here will agree.
You based your judgement of hand eye coordination on?

Just because you THINK holding something would be distracting dosnt mean it is to everyone else. I can smoke a cig and drive, and mess with the radio at the same time and not crash. I've NEVER gotten into an accident or gotten a speeding ticket. Some of you guys are acting like its a act of god that someone can hold a cell phone backwards and not look at it lol
Old 02-14-2012, 06:11 PM
TECH Resident

You based your judgement of hand eye coordination on?

Just because you THINK holding something would be distracting dosnt mean it is to everyone else. I can smoke a cig and drive, and mess with the radio at the same time and not crash. I've NEVER gotten into an accident or gotten a speeding ticket. Some of you guys are acting like its a act of god that someone can hold a cell phone backwards and not look at it lol
dude....i can do that too....if i smoked.....i'm a bit smarter than that though....that's neither here nor there........

i've seen accidents caused by people that thought they could do 5 things at once. i've cleaned up after them. i've witnessed them, and witnessed the carnage afterwards.....that one being the honda that landed on its roof after the douchbag in the cadi thought that he could multitask, clipped her as he was topping 100mph. his car caught fire. we let that burn while we tried to calm the lady in the honda till the fire and police got there.

i ain't no kid that thinks i'm invincible. i'm old enough to know better now. it takes less than 1 second for things to go to ****.

i don't personally care myself......if you wanna think you're invincible, then have at it. just pray you aren't the one that ever ***** up anyone i care about because of doing stupid **** like that.....because the police won't get there fast enough to save you....or the person that did it.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Teching In

wow you got him bad! nice kill!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Rant full of smart thinking
I'm far from a kid, I might be young but I'm not stupid and know my limits. I've done all the stupid stuff way earlier in my life lol I wouldn't want someone crashing into my loved ones, so I don't crash, or if I am going to do something risky the only person I'm putting as risk is my self, I.E. no innocent to hurt

All I ment was there are way more people out on the road doing way more stupid dangerous stuff then someone passing another car on a basically empty road with a cell phone in his hand.

Besides, I have a daughter, I can't go dying she needs a dad
Old 02-14-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

I'm far from a kid, I might be young but I'm not stupid and know my limits. I've done all the stupid stuff way earlier in my life lol I wouldn't want someone crashing into my loved ones, so I don't crash, or if I am going to do something risky the only person I'm putting as risk is my self, I.E. no innocent to hurt

All I ment was there are way more people out on the road doing way more stupid dangerous stuff then someone passing another car on a basically empty road with a cell phone in his hand.

Besides, I have a daughter, I can't go dying she needs a dad
just seeing that, i'll apologize for my abrasiveness.

i don't have any kids, but i do have a 12 year old niece. the rest of my family seems to be dropping like flies around me. there's not many people left that i really care about, and i don't need or want anyone doing something stupid to take them away any sooner.

often, i tend to simply verbalize quickly, off the cuff....or in this case, type.....but you get the point.