Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

540rwhp S2000 vs. LS3 Turbo 650rwhp SS vs. FAST Fox...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 09:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 455 Likes on 358 Posts

Nice ride ovrbird ......why couldn't you start out like that instead of giving me ****?
Old 02-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Nice ride ovrbird ......why couldn't you start out like that instead of giving me ****?
You put your foot in your mouth, I just had to correct ya is all.

All I said was not all Fox Stangs run out of breath up top... mine didn't get going good till 100 when it hooked up!

The convertible runs about the same as my grey car did... the grey car will eventually be very fast as soon as I get done with the convertible.

Here is an old video from 06, the last summer I was out and about... The Camaro was on kill, I think like a 350-400 shot that night to run me, but it still wasn't enough.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/rice...g-pr_70570.htm
Old 02-09-2012, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice Foxes OVRBRD, had an 86 and wanted to paint it just like yours
Old 02-09-2012, 10:48 PM
10 Second Club

I wouldn't say I put my foot in my mouth. I would say your foxes are not the average build......by far. Most foxes do just as I said. Mike's fox runs strong also. You guys are the few out of many with good running ones that aren't all cobbled up. Notch is gonna have a real nice fox also.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't say I put my foot in my mouth. I would say your foxes are not the average build......by far. Most foxes do just as I said. Mike's fox runs strong also. You guys are the few out of many with good running ones that aren't all cobbled up. Notch is gonna have a real nice fox also.
There are well built camaros and mustangs as well. But i have seen so many badly built camaros in my lifetime. Not every stock ls1 is running 12.9 in the real world. some are nice and can move well... but it isnt as common as you think.

same goes for mustangs or foxes. some are beaters and some are well built. Just wild that you called out a guy who has a fox with fuel lines that make many cars tremble.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:06 PM
10 Second Club

^^^^^ I agree totally with that.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:52 AM
10 Second Club

good runs
Old 02-10-2012, 02:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by OVRBRD
What power and boost you puttin down? I loved my YS/YSi setups, they were different but both a lot of fun. I hope going turbo wasn't a mistake besides the large amounts of cash it cost. lol

Car had been apart since 9/07, I was living out of state a while, and have been back, but bought a couple Vettes and spent cash on them that should have gone into the Stang, but live and learn.
22 psi with meth and aftercooler. Some old pics here(Honed Holly intake and Ys on it now).

http://www.mk3.us/mike/stang/buildup.asp

I wish I went the turbo route back in 2000 but too much loot in the Sc setup. I also wish I never ran a sumped tank because it gives me away. My car has no tint,stock convertable rims and is near stock ride height with the factory radio. My car new came with keyless entry which is very rare on the Fox too..upgraded to cop car speedo, Cobra leather shift **** and parking brake but aside from that it looks stock inside like yours

Best of luck with your turbo set up.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:32 AM
Teching In

Mike, that is a bad *** car, lx hatch is my favorite behind 86gt...
And it's Calypso Green!!! Sick
If you ever have to sell it, lmk! As for the sleeper look, you definitely have that down, I'm more into the 'Art of War' technique where the best fought battles are the ones you don't fight at all... Most peeps just slow down or turn when they stare at my car,esp when it was on Hoosier DOT slicks on the street like in the vid... I'm always up for a run though if people want to get rowdy. I hope the turbos make about 900 on the gates, when I can afford a Neal pro glide swap for it it'll make 1500ish unless I need some spray which will put it in the high teens somewhere. My buddy is building prob the new world record holder 6 spd Supra(he's number 5 or 6 currently-plans to break record at TXY2K next month) and I just wanna be able to keep up with him so his head doesn't get too big.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Teching In

Btw, I'm racing all 3 cars in the vid tonight in my C6, will post results tomorrow...
Old 02-10-2012, 06:41 AM
10 Second Club

Damn Mike go drive that car, mine just went 110,000 miles yesterday. You two spend to much money for me.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Mike, that is a bad *** car, lx hatch is my favorite behind 86gt...
And it's Calypso Green!!! Sick
If you ever have to sell it, lmk! As for the sleeper look, you definitely have that down, I'm more into the 'Art of War' technique where the best fought battles are the ones you don't fight at all... Most peeps just slow down or turn when they stare at my car,esp when it was on Hoosier DOT slicks on the street like in the vid... I'm always up for a run though if people want to get rowdy. I hope the turbos make about 900 on the gates, when I can afford a Neal pro glide swap for it it'll make 1500ish unless I need some spray which will put it in the high teens somewhere. My buddy is building prob the new world record holder 6 spd Supra(he's number 5 or 6 currently-plans to break record at TXY2K next month) and I just wanna be able to keep up with him so his head doesn't get too big.
Thanks. And you are NUTS-thats way out of my league!! Best of luck with it and be safe thats a lot of damn power!!! All of my cars look stock and have ac,heat and stock wheels.

Car originally was suppose to be a red notch with no options but I wanted a sunroof which could not be had in that body style. I saw a 91 in this color and though since everyone had a fox back then no one would like this color and it would stand out. Had a learners permit when I bought it-here is it fresh off the truck

This is what gives me away-I need to change it to dual GT500 pumps or something along those lines

I have an older Supra turbo and it runs low 11s on pump and Nittos-not in your buds league but a real ego destroyer since most people hate them and the 7M motor that powers it. Picked up a Mk4 Supra a little while ago too.

Btw, I'm racing all 3 cars in the vid tonight in my C6, will post results tomorrow...
Cool-post it up and kick some ***!!

Damn Mike go drive that car, mine just went 110,000 miles yesterday. You two spend to much money for me.
Its apart again. I am going to give Slobranotch a heart attack!!!!

Old 02-10-2012, 08:23 AM
12 Second Club

So now you want to compare your full race forced fed build to my bolt-on ls6.....typical Ford guy. Actually your not even a Ford guy. I bet there isn't one Ford part left in your engine.
Dude, enough with the factory LS6 stuff. I don't know where you got your 126.4mph trap, but it sure as hell won't happen at any of the tracks around here. Where I race, it takes AT LEAST 100+rwhp over what you put down to see those traps.

You talk more **** on this board than almost anybody. Don't you have anything better to do?
Old 02-10-2012, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I don't think you installed the dog mod correctly, they are just laying there lol

Originally Posted by FlatBlackZ28
Dude, enough with the factory LS6 stuff. You talk more **** on this board than almost anybody. Don't you have anything better to do?
He didn't even say factory lol, he said bolt on ls6. And there are way worse trolls then hiossilver, i wouldnt even call him a troll. But... don't you have anything better to do besides talk **** to the **** talkers whom you state needs something better to do, wouldnt that put you in the same exact boat...
Old 02-10-2012, 09:41 AM
10 Second Club

Your car is goin to the dogs mike.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:45 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FlatBlackZ28
Dude, enough with the factory LS6 stuff. I don't know where you got your 126.4mph trap, but it sure as hell won't happen at any of the tracks around here. Where I race, it takes AT LEAST 100+rwhp over what you put down to see those traps.

You talk more **** on this board than almost anybody. Don't you have anything better to do?
Your right...maybe. the 126.4 happened at MIR. It did 126.8 and 130.4 at mason Dixon. Have you ever been there? I don't talk **** by the way. Plenty of pics and vids on here from me. Just because you don't like what I say doesn't mean I talk ****. I simply speak the results I have found. Some of you don't like the reality of that.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont think hio talks ****, he is full of himself but thats all lol, you know anything hio has ever said he can always back up, from vids to slips, he is kinda like the chevy ohioborn lol ok well not that bad, ohio is another guy that can back up what he claims, he just gets carried away sometimes lol
Old 02-10-2012, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
i dont think hio talks ****, he is full of himself but thats all lol, you know anything hio has ever said he can always back up, from vids to slips, he is kinda like the chevy ohioborn lol ok well not that bad, ohio is another guy that can back up what he claims, he just gets carried away sometimes lol
Well said sir
Old 02-10-2012, 11:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Good point
Old 02-10-2012, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

nice vid fun little beef in between and ends up with cars that are just sex...

Quick Reply: 540rwhp S2000 vs. LS3 Turbo 650rwhp SS vs. FAST Fox...