Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My second kill in the 12 1SS was a Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012 | 12:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 92builtbird
You have to trap higher than everyone on the street to be cool. Didn't you get that memo?
I actually did find 2 seized calipers when I changed the brakes this weekend. Hopefully I can pickup a MPH or 2 from that.
Old 02-20-2012 | 01:04 PM
12 Second Club

You still wont run low 13s and trap 140mph like 2SSARME so it's all for nothing....
Old 02-20-2012 | 02:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by snake95
I've noticed this for a while now...you cater to the "home" crowd and put your jabs in on Ford just to be welcome. Why didn't you put an LS in your notch instead of a 4.6?
Because i dont like cross breeding brands. I give credit were credit is due. I would never waste my time swaping in na 4.6. I accept the ford stuff is not as good as gm stuff in most eras. I like me mustang itself so wouldnt cross breed just to have the chassis. I dont like the way most gm cars look or i would have one. But i do own a ls based 5.3 silverado
Old 02-20-2012 | 03:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by lazerlemonta
The only cars I've ran are ones that came to me knowing its a high 12 second car. I'm not picking on old platforms. Just been having a bit of fun until the track opens. Was really expecting a closer race myself.
No I know your not picking on them. Hell I will race anyone even if they are slow. Nothing wrong with handing someone his lunch. You have a cool car. I actually looked at one for a dd but the gauges look like toys and the blind spot sucks otherwise I really liked it.

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Should be one nasty ****
Hoping for 9's, got the built trans back today...We will see...
Old 02-20-2012 | 04:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Man it went from a chat room to everyone finding another thread to play in. What gives?
Old 02-20-2012 | 04:30 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03turbomach1
Lol.. i know that would get you goin. You never know, it just might slow you up.
ouch...why did you punch me...lol You wish
Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Hey bro how are you??? Build is almost done did you see my thread at the registry???

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...75#post1459375
Newskool, there was a guy at MIR when I was there with PACMAN on his tag with a nasty fast Mach. I think he went 9.6 or 9.8. Cool guy and chatted with him a bit. I don't know if he is a member of any boards but if he is it would probally be worth it to talk to him to compare ya'lls set-ups. He still had the man pedal in his car
You're saying I need to handicap my bolt on Mach 1 so it will be fair for a stock SS?
You think???? I think your needing heavy mods and a tire just to keep up. Always looking for some advantage are't ya.
Old 02-20-2012 | 04:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
You think???? I think your needing heavy mods and a tire just to keep up. Always looking for some advantage are't ya.
I kinda thought you always wanted an advantage in the racing sport???

JLT RAI = heavy mod
Shifter = heavy mod

Old 02-20-2012 | 05:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Because i dont like cross breeding brands. I give credit were credit is due. I would never waste my time swaping in na 4.6. I accept the ford stuff is not as good as gm stuff in most eras. I like me mustang itself so wouldnt cross breed just to have the chassis. I dont like the way most gm cars look or i would have one. But i do own a ls based 5.3 silverado
Yea a n/a 4.6 would be such a waste in your notch
Old 02-20-2012 | 05:35 PM
9 Second Club

I don't get why you guys are jumping all over 92cobranotch. I think he's pretty straight forward about it and looks at things unbiased. I love my fbody, but I am not going to drink the GM coolaid like some of you mustang guys do, so don't expect others like notch to do the same and fall in line. He obviously likes his mustang and is putting the time and money into but is still is down to earth other platforms pro's and con's.
Old 02-20-2012 | 05:43 PM
10 Second Club

92cobranotch is a straight up guy. Calls it how it is. Still hasn't asked for a ride in the car yet though. I think he's scared he might want one lmao
Old 02-20-2012 | 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I loved my 98 Mustang GT, but I drive a Z28 now.
Old 02-20-2012 | 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

92Slowbranotch aka Nathan is really cool and not brand bias by any means. And like Phil said straight up and has a great sense of humor. I have met him in person. He is too ******* tall but thats another story...

Hope Slowbra found some traction-he is going to need it!!
Old 02-20-2012 | 06:14 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

I kinda thought you always wanted an advantage in the racing sport???

JLT RAI = heavy mod
Shifter = heavy mod

I believe your leaving a few out. Not when your raceing a bone stock car. Your admitting defeat before you ever run.
Originally Posted by automach1
Yea a n/a 4.6 would be such a waste in your notch
For real. It would need every bolt-on just to reach the 11's. A 5.0 would be though.
Originally Posted by willizm
I don't get why you guys are jumping all over 92cobranotch. I think he's pretty straight forward about it and looks at things unbiased. I love my fbody, but I am not going to drink the GM coolaid like some of you mustang guys do, so don't expect others like notch to do the same and fall in line. He obviously likes his mustang and is putting the time and money into but is still is down to earth other platforms pro's and con's.
^^^^^This
Originally Posted by lazerlemonta
92cobranotch is a straight up guy. Calls it how it is. Still hasn't asked for a ride in the car yet though. I think he's scared he might want one lmao
He would definitly want one. He could actually fit in that car....
Old 02-20-2012 | 06:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

I believe your leaving a few out. Not when your raceing a bone stock car. Your admitting defeat before you ever run.
You're*

racing*

It's not that hard...

Anyways, what might I be leaving out? We are running out of mods here...lol. Is it the $190 gears or the craptastic MAC midpipe? Other than the shifter that's it!

And I can't understand the rest of your post. Clear that up please...
Old 02-20-2012 | 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
2v,3v,4v I thought gears was number 1 mod.
gears can be the #1 mod....but you still have to match them to the engine. typical ford ohv engines(fox body era 5 liter) stop pulling right around 5400rpm. so leaving the engine mostly stock, and slapping 4.11's in the rear, will give you one helluva holeshot, but you're gonna run outta engine up top.
Old 02-20-2012 | 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1ltcap
gears can be the #1 mod....but you still have to match them to the engine. typical ford ohv engines(fox body era 5 liter) stop pulling right around 5400rpm. so leaving the engine mostly stock, and slapping 4.11's in the rear, will give you one helluva holeshot, but you're gonna run outta engine up top.
YEP!!! This is what I think my problem is in 3rd and 4th. I'd like 4.56s through 2nd then go to 3.55s in 3rd and 4th.
Old 02-20-2012 | 07:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1ltcap
Well they need it to yank off the line, I've never known them to have good top end n/a. Of course maybe that's because everyone puts the gears in them?
Old 02-20-2012 | 07:19 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

YEP!!! This is what I think my problem is in 3rd and 4th. I'd like 4.56s through 2nd then go to 3.55s in 3rd and 4th.
Then I guess Lazerlemon did a good jod for out running a Mach with a more favorable gear.
Well they need it to yank off the line, I've never known them to have good top end n/a. Of course maybe that's because everyone puts the gears in them?
Everyone packs gear in them because it makes up for not having much torque. Then they run out of steam up top because they don't have much power either.
Old 02-20-2012 | 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

i don't know. i've not driven a 4.6 hard at all. if they're like the ohv fords, they stop pulling around 5400rpm. that sucks. it'd be ok with 3.73's, but any higher. and you'll run outta engine.

to be honest, virtually the ONLY thing i like about the 4.6 engine line, is that i made a lot of money off of them in the shop. they had a lot of stupid problems early on. used to develop vacuum leaks, burn oil, lose coil packs........that's what i liked about them.
i never wanted a mustang with one of those engines....and to be honest, i never liked the mustang, or the camaro of that generation. but at least the camaro was fast, even if it was fudly looking.

on a side note, i got into the gt a little tonight, playing with a mercedes.....the engine was still pulling strong passing 6500rpm.
Old 02-20-2012 | 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Then I guess Lazerlemon did a good jod for out running a Mach with a more favorable gear.
Absolutely! Now had the driver of the Mach been a good one it would have made for a hell of a video!

Quick Reply: My second kill in the 12 1SS was a Mach 1