Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Charger SRT8 vs Mach 1 (The Rematch)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
1st I know of plenty cars that dont have the "silly stuff" you speak of that cost $38-$39k range. Ohio on this site gave 39k if my memory serves me
right. And even at that price does it not put it in range of a srt8 car?

2nd stripped down car with roll up windows was merely an expression to help explain myself. It was not directed at the stang. Srt8 cars only come with brembo brakes and many other things. Like I said go read and inform yourself if you want to continue this conversation. Sorry if I come off as harsh but misinformed nay sayers are a pet peve of mine.

So how is it not in the ball-park of the ford/chevys?
i say that because it's expensive. yes i know it has everything. but it's expensive, heavy, and slow(compared to the fords and chevys). that isn't intended to take away from it's accomplishments. as i've said in other thread s concerning these cars, i think the challenger is the best looking of the three.
but it lacks. it doesn't corner, accelerate, or stop as well as the fords and chevys. it's getting there.
when you can buy a challenger that's about 34k that will run mid/low 12's, and hang with these cars in the corners, i'll stop saying what i'm saying.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Launching!

But a fully loaded gt doesn't cost $34k. And how is it slower than the fords or chevys again!? Do you know what numbers they have been putting up? I could put my grandmother in a charger the heaviest right now of the srt8 cars and as long as she could put her foot to the floor and keep it straight it would bust off a low 12 second pass @ 113 bone stock lmao. Do you have proof they can't handle or stop as good?
Old 02-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FirebirdTransAm
Quick Question:

Is there any reason that a 03 Mach 1 would be any faster than an 01 Cobra?
What favors the Mach:
Gearing
Intake
Heads
SRA
Weight
Torque

What favors the Cobra:
Cams
HP

All that being said they are pretty much the same car with the biggest differences being the rear and gearing.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
What favors the Mach:
Gearing
Intake
Heads
SRA
Weight
Torque

What favors the Cobra:
Cams
HP

All that being said they are pretty much the same car with the biggest differences being the rear and gearing.
What about the compression? Come on man....

BTW the whole intake being better deal is BS. I've measured, there is NO difference.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
God knows what it would do to your car then.
Please, ellaborate. We would all like to know.

Last edited by why87; 02-28-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
What favors the Mach:
Gearing
Intake
Heads
SRA
Weight
Torque

What favors the Cobra:
Cams
HP

I thought the Machs made more HP stock?
Old 02-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Teching In

What about the compression? Come on man....

BTW the whole intake being better deal is BS. I've measured, there is NO difference.
Give me a break that was off the top of my head
Originally Posted by why87
I thought the Machs made more HP stock?
Officially no they made 305 to the Cobra's 320. But just like the LS1s the Mach 1s were underrated.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Biggest issue would be IRS vs SRA and gearing.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:58 AM
TECH Resident

But a fully loaded gt doesn't cost $34k. And how is it slower than the fords or chevys again!? Do you know what numbers they have been putting up? I could put my grandmother in a charger the heaviest right now of the srt8 cars and as long as she could put her foot to the floor and keep it straight it would bust off a low 12 second pass @ 113 bone stock lmao. Do you have proof they can't handle or stop as good?
i'll go look up the numbers later.

there's a charger v8 right around the corner from my shop. he had trouble with my dakota. he managed to get by me, but he had a hell of a time doing it. and my dakota's a mid 14 second truck at best.

go look up what's in a premium gt. that is in fact fully loaded. unless you want to add glass roof, navigation, and backup camera. and it cost me 34k. and it'll pull .98 on the skidpad. it'll stop hard enough to nearly plant my eyeballs on the windshield. mid 12's.(if i ever take it to the track), and lower when i learn how to drive it.

EDIT

and i hope you realize i'm not trying to put them down. i'm actually putting the fords and chevys up. remember, i'm driving a dodge, i've owned dodge, chrysler, and plymouth in the past. in fact, my 85 5th ave got me home from orlando in 14.5 hours years ago.....and averaged nearly 27mpg doing it. on a leanburn 318.

Last edited by 1ltcap; 02-29-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:39 AM
Launching!

Thats fine everyone is starting to buy them now and runs, track times etc will become more common and I'll just let the numbers do the talking. There's an article somwhere I'll see if I can find it that a challenger with longtubes NO TUNE ( theres no software for them yet) put down 440rwhp. Can't wait till tuning is available.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:17 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1ltcap
i'll go look up the numbers later.

there's a charger v8 right around the corner from my shop. he had trouble with my dakota. he managed to get by me, but he had a hell of a time doing it. and my dakota's a mid 14 second truck at best.

go look up what's in a premium gt. that is in fact fully loaded. unless you want to add glass roof, navigation, and backup camera. and it cost me 34k. and it'll pull .98 on the skidpad. it'll stop hard enough to nearly plant my eyeballs on the windshield. mid 12's.(if i ever take it to the track), and lower when i learn how to drive it.

EDIT

and i hope you realize i'm not trying to put them down. i'm actually putting the fords and chevys up. remember, i'm driving a dodge, i've owned dodge, chrysler, and plymouth in the past. in fact, my 85 5th ave got me home from orlando in 14.5 hours years ago.....and averaged nearly 27mpg doing it. on a leanburn 318.
Who cares...you're just mad because your Mustang doesn't even get noticed on the street. Filled with animosity aren't you.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:23 PM
TECH Resident

Thats fine everyone is starting to buy them now and runs, track times etc will become more common and I'll just let the numbers do the talking. There's an article somwhere I'll see if I can find it that a challenger with longtubes NO TUNE ( theres no software for them yet) put down 440rwhp. Can't wait till tuning is available.
yea, that's what i keep saying. it's a great time to be a car nut.

just finished up with a customer that's about 2 payments away from paying off her focus.......then she thinks she's going to pick up a camaro. she's been on both ford, and chevy websites, and likes the camaro a bit better. she said she'll bring it by the shop when she gets it.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
Who cares...you're just mad because your Mustang doesn't even get noticed on the street. Filled with animosity aren't you.
nope. no animosity. no being mad. no need to be either.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

What about ill-informed? To say that the new Challenger/Charger is not as quick as the Chevy and Ford contenders is waaay off the mark. I suspect a new 392 challenger will stomp both the new SS and the new GT. Not to mention, wait until the tuning is available and like the coyote...some more seat time and real world results. It's going to be a contender for the best new muscle car, and I'm quite sure they are just getting started. Hell, I'm not even a Dodge guy whatsoever and I can still see the storm brewing. Of course it's easier to see without my head shoved up my ***. Be realistic here, the looks of the new challenger coupled with the 392 Hemi is going to break a lot of hearts. Once the modding starts I think we'd be hard pressed to put them down.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Agree^^
Old 02-29-2012, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I don't know the new 5.0 is an 11 second car stock.. I thought everyone knew this.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by oddwraith
What about ill-informed? To say that the new Challenger/Charger is not as quick as the Chevy and Ford contenders is waaay off the mark. I suspect a new 392 challenger will stomp both the new SS and the new GT. Not to mention, wait until the tuning is available and like the coyote...some more seat time and real world results. It's going to be a contender for the best new muscle car, and I'm quite sure they are just getting started. Hell, I'm not even a Dodge guy whatsoever and I can still see the storm brewing. Of course it's easier to see without my head shoved up my ***. Be realistic here, the looks of the new challenger coupled with the 392 Hemi is going to break a lot of hearts. Once the modding starts I think we'd be hard pressed to put them down.
I'll br hardpressed to say it'll put some camaro/mustang owners in their place. lol The new 392 srt8 jeeps are just ****.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Why oh why do people even mod Mach 1s?
why oh why do you own one?
Old 02-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Banned

He was being a smartass
Old 02-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by GhostRiderblk
why oh why do you own one?
I rode in a stock LS1 once and came to understand I'm just not ready for a fast car, thus the Mach 1.

Quick Reply: Charger SRT8 vs Mach 1 (The Rematch)