Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Charger SRT8 vs Mach 1 (The Rematch)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Don't worry, if you do that to many times you will be looking for a tranny that costs thousands of $. We got a weak rear, you got a weak tranny.
Last time I checked the LS1 T56 isn't bullet proof either. Plenty of 3650s are doing what mine does. If anything my input shaft will snap. However I'm not going to over clutch it and I don't make enough power to snap the 10 spline. So you are wrong. Sorry brah

That's fine, but some of us like to run our cars like we drive them. Et streets suck for driving.
Hey, run your car how you want and I'll run mine like I do. Atleast my ET is above average for my trap speed where as your ET is below average for your trap speed. However you will fit right in with the Supras and Hondas where I wont.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:13 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
I dont have to make you look stupid. Ignorant, hard headed, many other words come to mind. You seem intelligent so maybe you can try and explain to me why is that soo many have left HARD on 10 bolts for numerous passes and still drive home after? Please do make me look stupid. You said they Can not leave hard making the mach a good race for a f-body. Is this correct?
If you think I'm ignorant on this subject, you obviously don't pay much attention. In fact, you provided another example of your lack of attentiveness. I never said that F-bodies were incapable of launching hard. I said they didn't come with a strong rear end. See;
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
"at the track"= from a dig. People do that on the street too.

But they didn't come stock with a strong rear-end. So...
And many other F-body owners rightly agreed with me. Now can they take some abuse? Sure, some can. Do they last longer behind automatics? Absolutely. I don't believe anybody ever argued that, least of all me.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 479 Likes on 376 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Last time I checked the LS1 T56 isn't bullet proof either. Plenty of 3650s are doing what mine does. If anything my input shaft will snap. However I'm not going to over clutch it and I don't make enough power to snap the 10 spline. So you are wrong. Sorry brah

Hey, run your car how you want and I'll run mine like I do. Atleast my ET is above average for my trap speed where as your ET is below average for your trap speed. However you will fit right in with the Supras and Hondas where I wont.
The 3650 is no where near as strong as a t56.......and you can't get to my trap speed.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
If I owned a LS1 I would show up to the track on ET Streets or Drags. Soft sidewalls go a long ways.
Your preeching to the quire lol
Old 03-01-2012, 06:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Your preeching to the quire lol
Wtf... Most of those words are not even real. My head hurts...
Old 03-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
If you think I'm ignorant on this subject, you obviously don't pay much attention. In fact, you provided another example of your lack of attentiveness. I never said that F-bodies were incapable of launching hard. I said they didn't come with a strong rear end. See;

And many other F-body owners rightly agreed with me. Now can they take some abuse? Sure, some can. Do they last longer behind automatics? Absolutely. I don't believe anybody ever argued that, least of all me.
My attention was right on, what was your comment about the weak rear-ends ,during the conversation of how machs are a drivers race for f-body, reffering to other than not being able to launch hard on them?
Old 03-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I never said it was buulet proof, thats besides the point. Plenty of people clutch dump on sticky tires and it lives. As I have said like many others, myself has done this numerous times. Now as to how many times it will last may be diffrent than the mach, but it only takes once to get the job done. It's a chance you take, some last a good while some don't. Don't speak of it like it hasn't or can't be done because it has.
Sean (WSsick) had his car at STOCK power level from a ROLL and punched it and broke his rear (correct any mistakes I made, Sean), so the whole clutch dump at a high rpm (3000 doesn't count as high) on 10 bolt thing is playing Russian roulette.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Thats ok though because IDC. When you run over your i-phone with a truck and have trouble pressing keys theres not
much you can do about it until it's fixed/replaced.

This took me awhile to type... lol
Old 03-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by snake95
Sean (WSsick) had his car at STOCK power level from a ROLL and punched it and broke his rear (correct any mistakes I made, Sean), so the whole clutch dump at a high rpm (3000 doesn't count as high) on 10 bolt thing is playing Russian roulette.
Ok... because wssick's car broke means it can't be done? Let's just say you the laws of physics only allowed a 6k clutch dump once on a 10 bolt rear-end, how many times do you have to beat the other car in a race before it's labled a win?
Old 03-01-2012, 06:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Thats ok though because IDC. When you run over your i-phone with a truck and have trouble pressing keys theres not
much you can do about it until it's fixed/replaced.

This took me awhile to type... lol

Ahahahahahahahaha it all makes sense now.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Ok... because wssick's car broke means it can't be done? Let's just say you the laws of physics only allowed a 6k clutch dump once on a 10 bolt rear-end, how many times do you have to beat the other car in a race before it's labled a win?
Bahahaha! Ahh, the ol "one race until I have to replace parts at a time" philosophy. I'm pretty sure most people like to have their **** last...now if you blew the rear, and then UPgraded afterward, then I'd say I'd do the same thing, but replacing a 10 bolt with another one isn't intelligent, IMHO, where a person with a 400rwhp Mustang would be perfectly fine replacing their 8.8" with another because breaking would be the exception in their case, not the norm.

My point is that high rpm launches on a 10 bolt make the owners' ******** pucker up because they are known to be glass.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Launching!

He knows my secret
Old 03-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Launching!

Bahahaha! Ahh, the ol "one race until I have to replace parts at a time" philosophy. I'm pretty sure most people like to have their **** last...now if you blew the rear, and then UPgraded afterward, then I'd say I'd do the same thing, but replacing a 10 bolt with another one isn't intelligent, IMHO, where a person with a 400rwhp Mustang would be perfectly fine replacing their 8.8" with another because breaking would be the exception in their case, not the norm.

My point is that high rpm launches on a 10 bolt make the owners' ******** pucker up because they are known to be glass.
My 10-bolt lasted a little longer than that.lol

Although I agree with you 100%. "If your scared say you scared"
Old 03-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry, if you do that to many times you will be looking for a tranny that costs thousands of $. We got a weak rear, you got a weak tranny.
mine isnt weak. lol

That's fine, but some of us like to run our cars like we drive them. Et streets suck for driving.
my et streets do great in the rain as long as i dont exceed 40 MPH! lol
Old 03-01-2012, 07:24 PM
***Repost Police***

My attention was right on, what was your comment about the weak rear-ends ,during the conversation of how machs are a drivers race for f-body, reffering to other than not being able to launch hard on them?
So...you're saying that the 10 bolt is just as strong as the 8.8? And that a Mach doesn't hold a small advantage from a dig (even on normal street tires) due to the aggressive transmission and rear-end gearing? Just getting clarification.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
I looked at this and thought, "What?" Then I actually read the other words and thought, "WHAT?????"
Old 03-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill let you guys know how good the stock diff is in a 8.8. ill put down 450 - 470 and will have stock diff with girdle 28 (stock spline count) moser cclip axles and plan to leave hard on it.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, 10-bolts are junk. But then again the stock 4l60e's are hit and miss as well. Mine took a dump at 102k miles with just catback, shorty headers, 3.73's. The general consensus is to make an F-body reliably fast, you need a new transmission (4l60e) and rear-end.
Quite the Honda mentality there. Ohh, my car so fast, but I oiled down the strip on race day.

You'd be surprised how many guys just do 10 bolts on 10 bolts on 10 bolts because of how cheap some can get them for now
Old 03-01-2012, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

and if you want to make the 8.8 even stronger, then move up to 31 spline axles. it'll withstand 6k rpm launches on drag radials all day long.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Thats not true. Ford racing axles are 31 spline repackaged Ranger ones. They can easily break with enough power including the junk Mosers. I think Nathan is nuts for doing that too!!

Quick Reply: Charger SRT8 vs Mach 1 (The Rematch)