Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C5Z vs Novi 2000 2v

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

There was a local guy running 12s with boltons and 11.40 with 100shot. His car was setup right I guess; 4:10, nasty exhaust, boltons, DR, light wheels and some weight reduction...I dont have the details on heads and everything else though.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
He could.....with just bolt-ons? I'm sure it was bad. ......bad like a fully built huge turbo overkill to make those turds move type of bad. I have yet to see a 2v run anykind of respectable time unless it's one of these record cars some of these guys post. To be honest I could care less about those.

Won't a 2v spit it's guts out at less than 450whp?
I never said just bolt ons. But he also didn't do a motor swap like you either. I'm talking about over 600rwhp on pump gas on a mustang dyno. Daily driven.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by FlatBlackZ28
I never said just bolt ons. But he also didn't do a motor swap like you either. I'm talking about over 600rwhp on pump gas on a mustang dyno. Daily driven.
I did a motor swap out of necessity. Any way im callin BS on your story, unless you wanna fess up and tell it's fully built and stop tryin to make it sound like it's not.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I did a motor swap out of necessity. Any way im callin BS on your story, unless you wanna fess up and tell it's fully built and stop tryin to make it sound like it's not.
Calling BS on what? I never said it wasn't built. I stated only facts. You called the 2V a turd, and I said I know of a 2V turd that would make your car look like a prius.

It doesn't matter what the reason for your swap was, you took a Z06 Corvette engine and swapped it in, then put on every imaginable bolt on. His car is a 2V 4.6L running aftermarket heads with a kenne bell and forged internals. Still a 2V, still as mild mannered as stock when it needs to be. Still running pump gas and still running all emissions equipment. Daily driven. Yes, he put some money into it, but he's making over 600rwhp on a MUSTANG DYNO on PUMP GAS. Those numbers on a mustang dyno are impressive for any daily driven setup, and I think it speaks volumes about what can be done with a 2V. Those numbers on a dynojet would be closer to 670rwhp.

Now I'm not going to pretend to know how much you got your parts for, but if you add up the retail on everything you've put into your car and the cost of a crate LS6, you'd have a decent percentage put into your car as he has into his except you're about 200-250rwhp behind.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:43 PM
12 Second Club

What I'm getting at is...

There are way too many people who talk down about other platforms. Everyone needs to stop worrying about how other people "waste" their money. Nobody cares about what a car will do against another car "mod vs mod". Your car may do very well for what it has done to it, and I congratulate you for that. Just because some people don't know how to make a certain car fast doesn't mean others don't.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh ****, things just got real in here...
Old 03-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Banned

There are way too many people who talk down about other platforms. Everyone needs to stop worrying about how other people "waste" their money. Nobody cares about what a car will do against another car "mod vs mod". Your car may do very well for what it has done to it, and I congratulate you for that. Just because some people don't know how to make a certain car fast doesn't mean others don't.
Well said
Old 03-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Well he bought the car for something like 10k, with everything done. Built rear, tranny, line lock and a bunch of other good stuff and its ~about 380-390 at the tires safely and well done. I don't think that it was a waste of money at all...
Old 03-27-2012, 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's a waste of money because 99% of 2V are slow as **** and not worth modding. It's not rocket science that these car react dismally to bolt-ons and can only push a little over 400rwhp with power adders. Even the LT1 is a slightly better platform

Sometimes you have to recognize this and move on, hence why I didn't build a Tuned Port Injection engine
Old 03-27-2012, 04:38 PM

Can someone make a list of what platforms are worthy of modification? Wouldn't want to waste my money.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Can someone make a list of what platforms are worthy of modification? Wouldn't want to waste my money.
Worthy of mods-
Civics
Celica/Supras
Acuras
Neons
WRX's
Pretty much anything with VTEC...

Don't waste your money on them-
Mullet mobiles-Firebirds/Cameros
Corvettes
GTO's
G8's
Mustangs
Pretty much anything with a V-8 from the factory...

Old 03-27-2012, 06:15 PM

Lmao, I like how you said "Celica/Supra". My friend gets asked all the time if his Supra is a Celica
Old 03-27-2012, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Old 03-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
It's a waste of money because 99% of 2V are slow as **** and not worth modding.
No offense but look at your sig...
Old 03-27-2012, 06:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
It's a waste of money because 99% of 2V are slow as **** and not worth modding. It's not rocket science that these car react dismally to bolt-ons and can only push a little over 400rwhp with power adders. Even the LT1 is a slightly better platform

Sometimes you have to recognize this and move on, hence why I didn't build a Tuned Port Injection engine
You are ridiculous. That is your point of view, not a fact. What an engine can do with stock internals and what it can do with aftermarket parts are two different realms. If you know what you're doing, anything can be fast and you don't have to mortgage the house to do it.

I have a great idea, everyone sell their engines (if you don't already own an LS1) and buy an LS1. Then we'll all do the same mods and get the exact same dyno sheets. Don't forget, we have to vote on which heads are best and which cam we are going to use too.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by automach1
Well said
I think the biggest things is that it pisses people off. Someone builds an LS1 because its a newer engine and they get a good combo together running great times. Then someone comes along who went another route (LT1, 2V) and makes their combo look childish. The only thing they can say is "what a waste of money" or "if I put a blower on mine it would...." or "well there's no way its streetable, it must be a maxed out race car". When in reality, none of the above statements hold any water.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

Lmao, I like how you said "Celica/Supra". My friend gets asked all the time if his Supra is a Celica
I always say the same thing to people who nuthug on them too. I ask them why they like Celica's so much.?. Most people don't get it and those are the dumbasses who are on the bandwagon usually.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:10 PM
12 Second Club

Nice run - I thought it would have been better.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Calling BS on what? I never said it wasn't built. I stated only facts. You called the 2V a turd, and I said I know of a 2V turd that would make your car look like a prius.

It doesn't matter what the reason for your swap was, you took a Z06 Corvette engine and swapped it in, then put on every imaginable bolt on. His car is a 2V 4.6L running aftermarket heads with a kenne bell and forged internals. Still a 2V, still as mild mannered as stock when it needs to be. Still running pump gas and still running all emissions equipment. Daily driven. Yes, he put some money into it, but he's making over 600rwhp on a MUSTANG DYNO on PUMP GAS. Those numbers on a mustang dyno are impressive for any daily driven setup, and I think it speaks volumes about what can be done with a 2V. Those numbers on a dynojet would be closer to 670rwhp.

Now I'm not going to pretend to know how much you got your parts for, but if you add up the retail on everything you've put into your car and the cost of a crate LS6, you'd have a decent percentage put into your car as he has into his except you're about 200-250rwhp behind.
Its expected for a forged bottom end to make that power on pump, your not re-defining gravity here friend. I wouldn't begin to compare a forged LSx to a forged 2v, lol.

No ones worried about a 2v, we are just stating facts. The only 2v's that are impressive are built. That's it nothing more or less.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by adamantium
No ones worried about a 2v, we are just stating facts. The only 2v's that are impressive are built. That's it nothing more or less.
I know of a member on this forum with a stock bottom end 2v that would mop the floor with your car.

Quick Reply: C5Z vs Novi 2000 2v